Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Falcons Game Unfair, Myers, and Season Opener

I still cannot believe that we had the arduous task of having to travel to Atlanta to play roughly 90 hours after an epic emotional win over a Cinny team that many are predicting to contend for a super bowl title. A win in this game would have provided great momentum for the season opener, and due to the nature and timing of this trip, I am fearful that we will be mentally and physically exhausted for the opener vs. the Pack from this grueling four day trip. This is just further proof that Goodall hates Jacksonville and wants to see us fail. Hey Goodell - why not just schedule to play our 16 games on 16 successive days in 16 different cities??? If your going to stick it to us just go ahead and stick it to us. It's just infuriating being put in a position where we can only fail. Coach Bradley  couldn't play Bortles or Henne  due to the exhaustion factor. While Im a Brandon Allen fan, he's not ready for this big of a stage and having him try to carry the load I think is just to much to ask.  While his numbers were ok, you have to take into consideration that Atlanta is probably the second worst team in the NFL just in front of Indianapolis so it's most definitely a little deceiving.  

On another note, is anyone else considered about our kicker Myers?  I think we all knew he was a major downgrade from Scobee but 0/2 in a game you lose by two...due the math folks, we would have won by 4 if he delivers!!! Is the pressure of trying to replace the greatest kicker in our franchise history to much? Would ownership have been better off bringing in Myers to replace the kicker who replaced Scobee instead of the kicker who replaced Scobee? Does he have turf toe on his kicking foot? What is the deal? 

I am very excited to visit Jacksonville this weekend for the first time and attend my first ever Jaguars game on Sunday vs. The Packers! As I alluded to earlier, I am big time concerned about jet jag and the emotional baggage over from the Falcons game last week, but I think this team is just tough enough to overcome these obstacles and will win big on Sunday.  While I think Green Bay is a nice team, I just don't think they will be prepared for the physicality that we will play with, our creativity offensively, will struggle with our depth, and will most certainly struggle with the setting at Everbank. You just don't see venues such as "The Bank" in their soft NFC North.  Please advise on some spots to hit over the weekend as well as the best place to pregame and post game after the Jags win 45 - 9.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Happy hour is a great thing. 

Check the emotional baggage.  That way you don't have to carry on.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:...It's just infuriating being put in a position where we can only fail. Coach Bradley  couldn't play Bortles or Henne  due to the exhaustion factor. While Im a Brandon Allen fan, he's not ready for this big of a stage and having him try to carry the load I think is just to much to ask. 

...the Jags win 45 - 9.

I quoted the two most delusional parts of your post.

The Jaguars played Allen instead of Bortles and Henne because it's what they do in the 4th preseason game. They did the same last year with their 3rd string, and the intent is to get a good look at Allen without risking injury to Bortles or Henne whom they know all they need to know about. It's not like the schedule forced them to play Allen. I hope this entire take is meant as sarcasm. 

As for the score prediction, I'm just hoping they don't lose by this much. Lacy has been beasting this preseason, and Rodgers is primed for another pro bowl season. I'm thinking just maybe our offense can outscore them, but in order to that, our defense has to find a way to get off the field.

'02

Is Shayne Graham available still?

" I am big time concerned about jet lag and the emotional baggage over from the Falcons game last week"

How is there jet lag? Atlanta & Jacksonville are in the same time zones. 

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 07:28 PM by RedRooster28.)

Whoosh

Guess satire ain't for everyone.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to tell if someone on this forum is trolling or legit stupid.

My new favorite thread  Big Grin

Omaha has always made posts like these. Older members should not be getting whooshed by it still

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I quoted the two most delusional parts of your post.

The Jaguars played Allen instead of Bortles and Henne because it's what they do in the 4th preseason game. They did the same last year with their 3rd string, and the intent is to get a good look at Allen without risking injury to Bortles or Henne whom they know all they need to know about. It's not like the schedule forced them to play Allen. I hope this entire take is meant as sarcasm.

As for the score prediction, I'm just hoping they don't lose by this much. Lacy has been beasting this preseason, and Rodgers is primed for another pro bowl season. I'm thinking just maybe our offense can outscore them, but in order to that, our defense has to find a way to get off the field.

Wa-hooooooooosh

Quote:Whoosh

Guess satire ain't for everyone.

I'm not sure if it shocks or worries me more that people still miss the obvious satire
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

[Image: gus.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I'm not sure if it shocks or worries me more that people still miss the obvious satire

It's troubling, either way.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Is the pressure of trying to replace the greatest kicker in our franchise history to much?

Lets keep Long Ding out of this.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Check the emotional baggage.  That way you don't have to carry on.

I lol'd.  

Oy Omaha, what's happening mate?  You always deliver.  Have fun at the tough Bank ; )

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Lets keep Long Ding out of this.
[Image: michael_scott.jpg]

That's what .....