Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What the Packers think of the Jags

They are particularly hard on Myles Jack

"In 122 snaps, however, Jack hasn’t made a single play that really stood out."

“I don’t think he has near the speed and the explosion that he once had,” an AFC personnel director said after studying the Jaguars’ first three games. “He’s looked OK. He’s just coming back, and maybe it will pop at some point. He’s still athletic. He doesn’t have that great explosion and speed he once had.”

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/.../89916910/

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They are particularly hard on Myles Jack

“I don’t think he has near the speed and the explosion that he once had,” an AFC personnel director said after studying the Jaguars’ first three games. “He’s looked OK. He’s just coming back, and maybe it will pop at some point. He’s still athletic. He doesn’t have that great explosion and speed he once had.”

Since when has Green Bay been in the AFC?

That was a really good find, and I agree with most of the assessments on that link. 

Duh

Weakest link
<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">K Jason Myers missed seven — yes, seven — of his 39 extra-point attempts last season. In contrast, Mason Crosby made all of his 41 tries, counting playoffs, in the first year kicking from the 33 instead of the 20. Myers, 25, came out of Marist College in 2013, was ignored by the NFL and spent portions of the 2014-’15 seasons in the Arena Football League before going to Jacksonville and supplanting Josh Scobee. Myers made 26 of 30 field goals, including game-winners of 28 and 53 yards. However, he also missed a pair of game-winners (48, 53) at Indianapolis. His kickoffs are tremendous.

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/week...ars.68728/

Packers fans seem to be expecting a close win.

Quote:They are particularly hard on Myles Jack

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/.../89916910/

In addition to coming off a major knee injury,   the fact that Myles Jack is a rookie is also significant in context of the above comments.    The more the Jags Defensive scheme becomes natural to Jack,  the more speed/ explosiveness he likely will display.   

Unless I am completely missing something where has Jack looked slow? He has been sideline to sideline, very physical, fast, and his instincts have been ridiculous.

He has had some troubles with learning how to set everyone up on D and learning everything on D, but as far as his actual play I'm not seeing it. Maybe he isn't quite as fast as he was at UCLA thus far, I don't know, but he looks fast to me.

Quote:Duh   Weakest link

<p style="margin-left:60px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">K Jason Myers missed seven — yes, seven — of his 39 extra-point attempts last season. In contrast, Mason Crosby made all of his 41 tries, counting playoffs, in the first year kicking from the 33 instead of the 20. Myers, 25, came out of Marist College in 2013, was ignored by the NFL and spent portions of the 2014-’15 seasons in the Arena Football League before going to Jacksonville and supplanting Josh Scobee. Myers made 26 of 30 field goals, including game-winners of 28 and 53 yards. However, he also missed a pair of game-winners (48, 53) at Indianapolis. His kickoffs are tremendous.

Back in 2012,   for all practical purposes,  everyone but Ted Thompson,  Mike McCarthy,  and  possibly then Special Teams Coordinator Shawn Slocum were ready to run Mason Crosby out of town after he struggled mightily during the season.   When it comes to kickers,  so much of the issues are technique and/ or psychological related.

Wow they say smith is a below average to average player. Pretty sure every 43 team in the league would want him on their team. Dudes got 220+ tackles in two years at wlb
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I live in Wisconsin and fans here aren't worried at all.

Ugg, these threads again...I thought JW started these.

Quote:Wow they say smith is a below average to average player. Pretty sure every 43 team in the league would want him on their team. Dudes got 220+ tackles in two years at wlb
He's an above average player. Top 10 WLB, and should've made the pro bowl last year. Hopefully he makes them realize this on Sunday.

Quote:I live in Wisconsin and fans here aren't worried at all.

You need to fix your profile settings.

Quote:I live in Wisconsin and fans here aren't worried at all.
We're still comfortably the 2nd highest choice in eliminator pools too, behind only the Dolphins @ Seahawks.

Quote:Ugg, these threads again...I thought JW started these.

Don't worry; a thread like this one will not exist during the last week of November.  :no:

Quote:He's an above average player. Top 10 WLB, and should've made the pro bowl last year. Hopefully he makes them realize this on Sunday.
So much evidence pointing to the contrary (scout reports like the one in this thread, hard stats, and our own coaches quotes), yet you still keep banging your head on this top 10 will/top 100 overall/pro bowler wall.

Telvin has a whole lot of work to do, simple as that. 

Quote:So much evidence pointing to the contrary (scout reports like the one in this thread, hard stats, and our own coaches quotes), yet you still keep banging your head on this top 10 will/top 100 overall/pro bowler wall.

Telvin has a whole lot of work to do, simple as that. 
Name 10 other WLB's that are better than Telvin Smith. Good luck.

What F.a.a.J. think$ about Green Bay. Our dominant inside pass rusherd are going to eat good Sunday against the packers experimental interior oline pckg
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Name 10 other WLB's that are better than Telvin Smith. Good luck.
The list for 43 OLB's isn't even that impressive in the first place...

I'm a big Telvin fan, but if you seriously don't think he has some serious flaws in his game than IDK what to say. Him having high amounts of tackles doesn't make him a great player. I love the energy, speed, and aggresiveness he brings but there's a very real chance Myles Jack could beat him out for WLB snaps in a few weeks if we still are deadset on keeping Poz out there. Telvin shows lapses in judgement and is out of position far too much. DiRocco and co. have been harping on this the last few days as well.

Telvin has a chance to be a great, elite OLB in time...but if he doesn't start to improve in the area listed above he isn't ever going to get there.

Quote:The list for 43 OLB's isn't even that impressive in the first place...

I'm a big Telvin fan, but if you seriously don't think he has some serious flaws in his game than IDK what to say. Him having high amounts of tackles doesn't make him a great player. I love the energy, speed, and aggresiveness he brings but there's a very real chance Myles Jack could beat him out for WLB snaps in a few weeks if we still are deadset on keeping Poz out there. Telvin shows lapses in judgement and is out of position far too much. DiRocco and co. have been harping on this the last few days as well.

Telvin has a chance to be a great, elite OLB in time...but if he doesn't start to improve in the area listed above he isn't ever going to get there.
The entire defense has flaws. The coaching staff has flaws, our QB has serious flaws, our entire team has flaws. Of course he needs to improve his game, but I'm not going to sit here and act like he's a below average player like most on this board.