Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-12-2022, 11:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you expect wins from this rebuilding team right now, you're living in a delusional fantasy.

I could give you a dozen valid reasons why i don't expect wins, including the new staff, but you aren't going to get it. You're lost in your little fantasy world.

I think we should expect to see progress via wins eventually at some point. Maybe yesterday was too soon. I do not know. What I do know is this fan base has been very patient with rebuild after rebuild. I won’t throw a tantrum, but I won’t pretend that it does get exhausting at times to support this constantly. We are the new Browns and Lions and it’s not even close. 

Also you didn’t call him out on the egregious error that the Pats beat the Dolphins, not the other way around. You’re slacking.

I meant Dolphins beat the Pats.  I gave a list of all the teams with new coaches that got the win.  Dolphins have a new coach and still won

(09-12-2022, 10:54 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It is must win if you want the best chance to avoid an 0-4 start and what that type of start typically means for teams.  I expect this team to play better as the season moves along.  It would be nice if games in December were not just spoiler opportunities because of early season losses.  The division will probably help make those games meaningful regardless.  That said, I do expect us to win this weekend.  The sky is not falling based on week 1 despite the general (over)reaction to the result.

Exactly, not a must win but pretty close

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Clots OLin the pass game and DL aren't as good as Washington's. I think what we saw last yr here in Duval happens again. Houston's no name DL gave them all they could handle. We're a lot better on the DL than Houston.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Jags take on the clots? Let me tell you the plot. Jags win BIG 42-10!!! BOOM!!!

I will add to this most wonderful and original prediction that I am highly disappointed to see the stinking clots name spelled correctly and capitalized throughout this thread. Even from a experienced poster in the thread title itself. Blasphemy!!! 

[Image: uncle-buck-blasphemy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

unforttanttly a streak will end,colts will  destoy jags in Jacksonville. Colts got a top qb with Matt Ryan.  he can win games by himself. 

the win streak will  end at 7 againest the colts plus 7 is a un lucky number.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-12-2022, 11:57 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags take on the clots? Let me tell you the plot. Jags win BIG 42-10!!! BOOM!!!

Sure, I'll take the Jags +30 points if you are willing to make that offer and bet accordingly.

I like Jacksonville at home. It's hard not to. Trusting the process here. Trusting the coaching staff to address the mental errors and breakdowns from yesterday's one possession loss.

Jacksonville - 27
Irsay's Mugshot - 19

Lawrence will settle down early in this game with a good amount of work with Pederson in the film room. I think Pederson realizes he's got a good thing now with Robinson and Etienne. 15 carries between the two of them is a great disservice to them but an even greater disservice to Lawrence's development.

We'll see a quick turn around this weekend. There's literally no reason to doubt that from happening. They had a 15 - 30 minute half time break to make adjustments and they did just enough to claim the lead and they fell a little short because of a slow start. It's going to come together here and there in these types of games.

I cannot say the same against the more talented rosters they'll face this year. However, in these divisional games? I fully expect competency, consistency and close contention.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Video 

(09-12-2022, 11:58 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly a streak will end,colts will  destoy jags in Jacksonville. Colts got a top qb with Matt Ryan.  he can win games by himself. 

[Image: whomp-whomp-gif-12107264.gif]

(09-12-2022, 09:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: On what planet is this a "must win"? So if they lose this game, the season is over and they're out of playoff contention?

I think you missed the word "almost".  We play the Chargers and Eagles after that on the road.  I'd call this almost a must win. We have beat them 7 times in a row at home, the Texans just tied them.  This is a game we need to win if we want to show progression.

I agree that this is the only 'possible' win I see for the next couple games, but its hard to tell whose for real this early.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-12-2022, 11:58 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: unforttanttly a streak will end,colts will  destoy jags in Jacksonville. Colts got a top qb with Matt Ryan.  he can win games by himself. 

Wow, Snowy!  I don't even need to watch the game now.  Thanks for the incredible insight!  NOT!

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 06:16 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am going to predict a jags win. Even tho Ryan has torn us up in the past, the rest of that colts team just isn't that good and we have thier number at home for awhile.

Edit: On second thought, this is the kind of game Jags have been depressing me with for years. Colts gonna win. Plus I forgot how good their RB is, and our run D sucks.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

All things considered, we should win this game. Indy isn't that great, but my God we better learn to tackle because Taylor is arguably a top 3 RB in the league and our entire defense looked suspect in the tackling dept. Nothing else about that team scares me though, plus they can't win down here so thats a plus!

(09-12-2022, 01:48 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: All things considered, we should win this game. Indy isn't that great, but my God we better learn to tackle because Taylor is arguably a top 3 RB in the league and our entire defense looked suspect in the tackling dept. Nothing else about that team scares me though, plus they can't win down here so thats a plus!
Michael Pittman is really good.

(09-12-2022, 01:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 01:48 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: All things considered, we should win this game. Indy isn't that great, but my God we better learn to tackle because Taylor is arguably a top 3 RB in the league and our entire defense looked suspect in the tackling dept. Nothing else about that team scares me though, plus they can't win down here so thats a plus!
Michael Pittman is really good.
He's good but I don't think he's as good as Terry or Dotson.  He's a bigger WR that I think our corners will match up better against.  Washington's WR group is much more dangerous than the Colts imo

(09-12-2022, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 01:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Michael Pittman is really good.
He's good but I don't think he's as good as Terry or Dotson.  He's a bigger WR that I think our corners will match up better against.  Washington's WR group is much more dangerous than the Colts imo
Washingtons overall WR room is better than the clots for sure but Pittman may be the best of the bunch. McLaurin is awesome so I think they may tie for me.

1A. Pittman
1B. McLaurin
2. Dotson
3. Samuel
4. Pierce

(09-12-2022, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's good but I don't think he's as good as Terry or Dotson.  He's a bigger WR that I think our corners will match up better against.  Washington's WR group is much more dangerous than the Colts imo
Washingtons overall WR room is better than the clots for sure but Pittman may be the best of the bunch. McLaurin is awesome so I think they may tie for me.

1A. Pittman
1B. McLaurin
2. Dotson
3. Samuel
4. Pierce

I'd go

1. McLaurin
2. Dotson
3. Pittman 
4. Samuel 
5. Pierce

Will be interesting to see how our corners hold up this week and if they can bounce back

(09-12-2022, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's good but I don't think he's as good as Terry or Dotson.  He's a bigger WR that I think our corners will match up better against.  Washington's WR group is much more dangerous than the Colts imo

1A. Pittman
1B. McLaurin
2. Dotson
3. Samuel
4. Pierce
The reason I like McLaurin and Dotson is because both are a deep threat, you don't really have to worry about that with Pittman.  He's not much of a deep threat.  McLaurin and Dotson both are a deep threat

(09-12-2022, 11:57 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags take on the clots? Let me tell you the plot. Jags win BIG 42-10!!! BOOM!!!

I will add to this most wonderful and original prediction that I am highly disappointed to see the stinking clots name spelled correctly and capitalized throughout this thread. Even from a experienced poster in the thread title itself. Blasphemy!!! 

I'm convinced we wont win until this guy is banned.

Laughing

Never change please!

(09-12-2022, 04:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Washingtons overall WR room is better than the clots for sure but Pittman may be the best of the bunch. McLaurin is awesome so I think they may tie for me.

1A. Pittman
1B. McLaurin
2. Dotson
3. Samuel
4. Pierce
The reason I like McLaurin and Dotson is because both are a deep threat, you don't really have to worry about that with Pittman.  He's not much of a deep threat.  McLaurin and Dotson both are a deep threat
Secondary play was bad but so was the overall approach defensively. Caldwell didn't do anything creatively with the front seven as far as adding pressure on Wentz.

Base four couldn't get it done on it's own. Griffin got embarrassed twice yesterday. Dotson got him. McLaurin got him.

Pittman may not be a deep threat but he's still a threat. As bad as the secondary was at tackling yesterday I could see Pittman absolutely man handling and out muscling Griffin/Campbell/Williams.

They have to blitz Ryan. He's not Wentz. He's not going to break tackles and scramble downfield on you. You have to rush from different angles in this one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-12-2022, 06:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 04:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The reason I like McLaurin and Dotson is because both are a deep threat, you don't really have to worry about that with Pittman.  He's not much of a deep threat.  McLaurin and Dotson both are a deep threat
Secondary play was bad but so was the overall approach defensively. Caldwell didn't do anything creatively with the front seven as far as adding pressure on Wentz.

Base four couldn't get it done on it's own. Griffin got embarrassed twice yesterday. Dotson got him. McLaurin got him.

Pittman may not be a deep threat but he's still a threat. As bad as the secondary was at tackling yesterday I could see Pittman absolutely man handling and out muscling Griffin/Campbell/Williams.

They have to blitz Ryan. He's not Wentz. He's not going to break tackles and scramble downfield on you. You have to rush from different angles in this one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think Pittman can out muscle Campbell.  Other than the TD late I don't remember Campbell even giving up a catch.  Williams gave up a lot of plays as did the Safeties.  As did Oluokun.  I thought Lloys settled in played much better in the 2nd half as he looked lost like alot of our defense did in the 1st half