Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2022, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://forums.colts.com/topic/73751-col...edictions/
Man. They sound like us up there.

No confidence. I agree though with their concerns. It's fair from their perspective.

Reich's head is next if they fail again in Jacksonville. Irsay is getting impatient.

I think we're winning this one. Something I just feel. Pederson will address the imbalance. Lawrence will settle down early. Caldwell will be more aggressive defensively.

[BLEEP] it. I'll say it. Blow out looming this Sunday in our favor. Jaguars 33. clots 13.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We usually ball out at home against the Clots.

(09-12-2022, 10:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://forums.colts.com/topic/73751-col...edictions/
Man. They sound like us up there.

No confidence. I agree though with their concerns. It's fair from their perspective.

Reich's head is next if they fail again in Jacksonville. Irsay is getting impatient.

I think we're winning this one. Something I just feel. Pederson will address the imbalance. Lawrence will settle down early. Caldwell will be more aggressive defensively.

[BLEEP] it. I'll say it. Blow out looming this Sunday in our favor. Jaguars 33. clots 13.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We have beat them 7 years in a row and our roster is the best it's been during this streak other than maybe the 17 team.  We should definitely win this one

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 08:23 AM by Mikey.)

(09-12-2022, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd hate to say this is almost a must win but it's almost a must win.  We have beat the Colts in Jax 7 times in a row, we need to win this to show we are a team that is improving.  I'll be at the game and it should be a good one.  After the Colts then we have the Chragers in LA who is looking like one of the best teams in the league with a loaded roster and the the Eagles in Phily who is also a team with one of the best rosters in the league.  We have to continue this streak of beating Indy at home, gain confidence, and learn how to win.  That's the think I liked about adding Walker and Lloyd, they are winners that know how to win
On what planet is this a "must win"? So if they lose this game, the season is over and they're out of playoff contention?

no, we're firing Doug and promoting Press to interim scapegoat.

(09-12-2022, 09:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Week two of year one of a new regime with multiple weak spots on a roster that hasn't yet settled into a new scheme.

That sounds sounds about as opposite of "must win" as it gets.

It's winnable.
I hope they execute well enough to pull out a W

Do you know how many teams yesterday won with a new coach?  Bears beat SF, who was in the NFC championship game last year, NYG beat the Titans who was in the AFC championship game, Dolphins beat Pats, Saints beat the Falcons, Bucs beat the Cowboys in Dallas, and let's see if the Broncos beats Seattle tonight.  Texans tied the Colts.  How long can you use the new regime excuse before you expect us to win?

Dude, take a xanax already.

(09-12-2022, 09:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: On what planet is this a "must win"? So if they lose this game, the season is over and they're out of playoff contention?

I think you missed the word "almost".  We play the Chargers and Eagles after that on the road.  I'd call this almost a must win. We have beat them 7 times in a row at home, the Texans just tied them.  This is a game we need to win if we want to show progression.

not missed, just the vast majority of the board sees this as practically the polar opposite of a must win game.

If we lose, it ain't like we're benching Trevor to see what CJB brings to the table. If we lose, the team ain't throwing in the towel and trading off any stars to accelerate the rebuild. If we lose, the team ain't relocating to Peoria.

(09-12-2022, 10:14 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you expect wins from this rebuilding team right now, you're living in a delusional fantasy.

I could give you a dozen valid reasons why i don't expect wins, including the new staff, but you aren't going to get it. You're lost in your little fantasy world.

You don't think that's a bit harsh?  I understand flg&j is having a tantrum and you want to knock him down a peg or two, but telling a fan to not expect wins when we had every opportunity to actually win the game isn't very realistic either.

Expect what you want. But if your expectations are not met, you may need to examine whether your bar is too high, or why the team failed to meet the goal.

Most around here have tempered expectations in the present, with longer-term goals to be able to expect wins. This team is not built to win today. It's built to grow and develop into a team that will soon be the one we can expect to win. But in the now, we are flawed. The roster is incomplete. The foundational players are young and need to refine their game.

The expectation is that we not be an embarrassment like last year. That we are in the game fighting for the win in the fourth. There will be times that we get the dubs, there will be times we shoot ourselves in the foot. We're not Bama. This isn't Superb Owl or bust.

If this is score prediction thread I'll say this was circled on the shoes' calendar from the day the schedule dropped. They are gonna want revenge for the embarrassment to end last season.

Jags spoil their fun, tho, 24-20.

Get used to close games, I imagine we are gonna see a lot of em this year.

(09-13-2022, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:14 AM)scottyg Wrote: You don't think that's a bit harsh?  I understand flg&j is having a tantrum and you want to knock him down a peg or two, but telling a fan to not expect wins when we had every opportunity to actually win the game isn't very realistic either.

Expect what you want. But if your expectations are not met, you may need to examine whether your bar is too high, or why the team failed to meet the goal.

Most around here have tempered expectations in the present, with longer-term goals to be able to expect wins. This team is not built to win today. It's built to grow and develop into a team that will soon be the one we can expect to win. But in the now, we are flawed. The roster is incomplete. The foundational players are young and need to refine their game.

The expectation is that we not be an embarrassment like last year. That we are in the game fighting for the win in the fourth. There will be times that we get the dubs, there will be times we shoot ourselves in the foot. We're not Bama. This isn't Superb Owl or bust.

(09-13-2022, 08:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: If this is score prediction thread I'll say this was circled on the shoes' calendar from the day the schedule dropped. They are gonna want revenge for the embarrassment to end last season.

Lmao, this is comical lol

(09-13-2022, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: Expect what you want. But if your expectations are not met, you may need to examine whether your bar is too high, or why the team failed to meet the goal.

(09-13-2022, 08:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: If this is score prediction thread I'll say this was circled on the shoes' calendar from the day the schedule dropped. They are gonna want revenge for the embarrassment to end last season.

Lmao, this is comical lol

glad I could be of service? You might have to explain your logic in finding this humorous. One conversation is about expectations, especially in the long term. Another one is making a score prediction. I make no statement in my prediction that I expect that to be the final score or I abandon all hope, or any such extreme.

You want another knee-slapper? I picked us to beat the Redacteds, too. Whoop Dee Fuh-rickin' Doo. Note the margins in the predictions, though, both extremely close. As long as we ain't gettin the doors blown off, we're going to eventually see the dubs, and steadily by more decisive margins.

But please, continue your chortling. You're doing great.

clots waived Blankenship. Wonder if the Jags make a claim for him.

I say we win this one. 20-17 and Irsay will have a meltdown.

(09-13-2022, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: clots waived Blankenship. Wonder if the Jags make a claim for him.

I would bring him in. Tough break last year with the hip injury and yesterday in that game that ended up being tied but he can be pretty damn good at times.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So many Simpson's memes........

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 03:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-13-2022, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: clots waived Blankenship. Wonder if the Jags make a claim for him.

I don't think we do.  I believe Blankenship had 2 kickoffs go out of bounds yesterday and missed a critical kick in OT.  Patterson looked pretty good yesterday.  The lone mis hit the upright

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/1...ew-wright/

Jags are 4.5 underdogs i just saw it on nfl network a bit ago.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Did these guys not watch the Jags' first game?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Home game against the clots.. Gimmie da Jags..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Clots cutting their K right before this game is a good development. They will be more aggressive on O. It will force that OL to pass block and this plays into the Jags strength.

I wonder if Ryan makes it through this game?
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

12% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs. Like I said, this is almost a must win