Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

(09-14-2022, 08:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 12% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs.  Like I said, this is almost a must win

They'll win this one. The gameplan is going to reflect a clear adjustment from the imbalances and issues we saw in the opener. More aggressiveness from Caldwell on defense to enable Allen to hit the QB. More involvement on the ground. Shorter, natural pick routes called to get the ball in and out of Trevor's hands, etc. 

I have full confidence in this one. I really think they're going to win this game in a very convincing fashion and I think it's going to somehow set up this very, very interesting downward spiral with Irsay losing his [BLEEP] and firing everybody sooner rather than later. I don't care if they're still salty or upset about losing to us in the season finale of last year. 

Bottomline, we both have new teams out there for the most part this Sunday. They're still 0 - 7 in a row here. And it'll be 0 - 8 after this Sunday. [BLEEP] the clots and the horse they come in on this Sunday!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have this sinking feeling that Matt Ryan is going to have a career game vs our booty secondary.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 09:09 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 09:02 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I have this sinking feeling that Matt Ryan is going to have a career game vs our booty secondary.

I don't. I think they'll be looking to run Taylor right at us to keep Ryan from putting the football on the ground four times, throwing an INT or taking multiple sacks in this one like he did the opener against the tinhorns. 

Caldwell just has to be aggressive and get creative out there. Need to disguise a few blitzes here and there. Williams should be better in this contest. He didn't play at all during the preseason. 

Lloyd also had his first real NFL game last week. He should also be better. Wouldn't be surprised actually if it ends up being Lloyd forcing a fumble and Williams nabbing an INT at some point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

all division games are must win games. you need to win withen your division to win it.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-14-2022, 09:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:02 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I have this sinking feeling that Matt Ryan is going to have a career game vs our booty secondary.

I don't. I think they'll be looking to run Taylor right at us to keep Ryan from putting the football on the ground four times, throwing an INT or take multiple sacks in this one like he did the opener against the tinhorns. 

Caldwell just has to be aggressive and get creative out there. Need to disguise a few blitzes here and there. Williams should be better in this contest. He didn't play at all during the preseason. 

Lloyd also had his first real NFL game last week. He should also be better. Wouldn't be surprised actually if it ends up being Lloyd forcing a fumble and Williams nabbing an INT at some point.

Agreed.

two things:

I think one of the reasons Caldwell kept it vanilla with the pass rush was letting Lloyd and the Oluokun just try to get honed in on playing gap sound football and knowing their spots in coverage. New scheme for both starting ILBs and they clearly haven't settled in as a unit yet. (he did send a DB blitz twice IIRC, but we need to send five more often and more creatively) 
The back seven on defense in general needs to be more confident in their assignments. 

Secondly - the last sentence above transitions to the secondary. Jenkins and Cisco were guessing at times and other times caught trying to help someone out and getting out of their spots. Add in Griffin just getting beat multiple times and Campbell giving up the TD with an old bad habit resurfacing, and it was a rough day. Not sure we have a fix for Griffin, and Jenkins is what he is, but  Campbell and Cisco should grow in this defense beyond what we saw Sunday. And Williams just need to shake the rust and settle in at the nickel spot.

(09-14-2022, 08:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 12% of teams that start 0-2 make the playoffs.  Like I said, this is almost a must win

Before this season started, I dunno that I'd have given this team a 12% chance of making the postseason regardless of our record after 2 games.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 09:31 AM by p_rushing.)

How are the odds Colts -4? The Jags haven't gotten worse than last year and the Colts haven't improved to world beaters. Are their tie to the Texans, how is anyone not putting this as a pickem game?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

LOL

playoffs

Where you gettin' that kool-aid, bruh?

Only if you believe this team can make the playoffs.

The only thing that will help the Jags no matter the outcome is the fact the AFC South is the worst division in football.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 09:45 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

LOL

playoffs

I think are team is talented enough, the QB is talented enough, and we have a good enough coach to win this division.  If we can beat the Colts Sunday I believe we will have the division lead at the end of the day.  I think KC beats the Titans and I think Den beats the Texans in Den

(09-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

They'll win this one. The gameplan is going to reflect a clear adjustment from the imbalances and issues we saw in the opener. More aggressiveness from Caldwell on defense to enable Allen to hit the QB. More involvement on the ground. Shorter, natural pick routes called to get the ball in and out of Trevor's hands, etc. 

I have full confidence in this one. I really think they're going to win this game in a very convincing fashion and I think it's going to somehow set up this very, very interesting downward spiral with Irsay losing his [BLEEP] and firing everybody sooner rather than later. I don't care if they're still salty or upset about losing to us in the season finale of last year. 

Bottomline, we both have new teams out there for the most part this Sunday. They're still 0 - 7 in a row here. And it'll be 0 - 8 after this Sunday. [BLEEP] the clots and the horse they come in on this Sunday!

Agreed, this is the game we start to turn the corner

(09-14-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Only if you believe this team can make the playoffs.

The only thing that will help the Jags no matter the outcome is the fact the AFC South is the worst division in football.
Making the playoffs should be the goal every year regardless.

(09-14-2022, 09:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

playoffs

I think are team is talented enough, the QB is talented enough, and we have a good enough coach to win this division.  If we can beat the Colts Sunday I believe we will have the division lead at the end of the day.  I think KC beats the Titans and I think Den beats the Texans in Den

Interesting take.

I'll start to believe this after week two if we see all of these things:
  • The ILBs look like a unit and play gap sound ball vs the run (stop biting on motion/misdirection) and know their spots in coverage
  • Campbell shows an ability to locate the football when the play isn't in front of him
  • Jenkins and Griffin don't look plain ol' terrible
  • Cisco looks more confident in the new scheme
  • The run defense plays well for 4 quarters instead of 3
  • The O-Line can consistently give Trevor 3 seconds to throw the ball with some semblance of a pocket (probably not going to happen in 2022 at all TBH)
  • Caldwell dials up some pressure - hasn't happened yet
  • Williams shakes off the rust and looks competent at nickel

If all that happens in week two, I'll have a wee sip of the teal psychotropic antifreeze you've been overindulging in.

(09-14-2022, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think are team is talented enough, the QB is talented enough, and we have a good enough coach to win this division.  If we can beat the Colts Sunday I believe we will have the division lead at the end of the day.  I think KC beats the Titans and I think Den beats the Texans in Den

Interesting take.

• The ILBs look like a unit and play gap sound ball vs the run (stop biting on motion/misdirection) and know their spots in coverage
  • Campbell shows an ability to locate the football when the play isn't in front of him
  • The O-Line can consistently give Trevor 3 seconds to throw the ball with some semblance of a pocket (probably not going to happen in 2022 at all TBH)

If all that happens in week two, I'll have a wee sip of the teal psychotropic antifreeze you've been overindulging in.
Naw, don't change then.  Keep that same energy.  You think they can either fix some issues or you dont.

(09-14-2022, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Only if you believe this team can make the playoffs.

Making the playoffs should be the goal every year regardless.
Sure. I mean the actually goal is to win the Super Bowl.....

But you should also temper expectations. I want them to make the playoffs but I'm also being real. This team needs to sure up a lot of areas to win games consistently. Can they do it? I sure hope so. There are some good pieces to do it but it's still a really young team with a new coach, new scheme and new players. They also were the worst team in football last year. If you're expecting the 2021 Bengals, you may be disappointed.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 10:30 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

They'll win this one. The gameplan is going to reflect a clear adjustment from the imbalances and issues we saw in the opener. More aggressiveness from Caldwell on defense to enable Allen to hit the QB. 

What exactly did Caldwell do last week that prevented Allen from hitting the QB?

We sure as heck are not going to blitz more when they have a top 3 RB in the NFL.

(09-14-2022, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Making the playoffs should be the goal every year regardless.
Sure. I mean the actually goal is to win the Super Bowl.....

But you should also temper expectations. I want them to make the playoffs but I'm also being real. This team needs to sure up a lot of areas to win games consistently. Can they do it? I sure hope so. There are some good pieces to do it but it's still a really young team with a new coach, new scheme and new players. They also were the worst team in football last year. If you're expecting the 2021 Bengals, you may be disappointed.
You have to make the Playoffs to get the SB.  The goal is to always win the division and then go from there.  Expect them to be the 2021 Bengals? I haven't seen 1 person say they expect this team to be in the SB lol.  Where do you come up with this [BLEEP]?  Lol.  Just because you don't expect this team to win any games this year doesn't mean doesn't mean this coach, these players, and others don't expect this team to win some games

(09-14-2022, 10:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interesting take.

Naw, don't change then.  Keep that same energy.  You think they can either fix some issues or you dont.

LOL

Look, you need to go read into the definitions of the following three words.

Objectives

Goals

Expectations

They are all different. You don't seem to understand that. 

Why should I "expect" wins when I can so easily give you that list of broken parts on this football team that need fixing? 
Sure, the "objective" is to win a championship.
The "goal" is to win your division so you have a shot at the objective. 
The "expectation" is tempered by all of the stumbling blocks between where you are right now and your goal.

And OF COURSE I think they will fix some of these issues.
Probably just enough to meet my personal expectation of around 6 or 7 wins.
I expect that because that list is long and they realistically just won't be able, try as they might, to fix all of those things this season.

(09-14-2022, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, don't change then.  Keep that same energy.  You think they can either fix some issues or you dont.

LOL

Look, you need to go read into the definitions of the following three words.

Objectives

Goals

Expectations

They are all different. You don't seem to understand that. 

Why should I "expect" wins when I can so easily give you that list of broken parts on this football team that need fixing? 
Sure, the "objective" is to win a championship.
The "goal" is to win your division so you have a shot at the objective. 
The "expectation" is tempered by all of the stumbling blocks between where you are right now and your goal.

And OF COURSE I think they will fix some of these issues.
Probably just enough to meet my personal expectation of around 6 or 7 wins.
I expect that because that list is long and they realistically just won't be able, try as they might, to fix all of those things this season.

I just said the goal is to win the division in the post above you, lmoa.  I mean you can still not win the division and win a championship.   So the objective is to win the SB?  Really?  Damn man I thought the objective was to just keep improving and keep it close, oh wait.  There is certain games I expect us to win.  This is one of them and I would bet anything that Doug and the players also expect to win this game.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 11:08 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Sure. I mean the actually goal is to win the Super Bowl.....

You have to make the Playoffs to get the SB.  The goal is to always win the division and then go from there.  Expect them to be the 2021 Bengals? I haven't seen 1 person say they expect this team to be in the SB lol.  Where do you come up with this [BLEEP]?  Lol.  Just because you don't expect this team to win any games this year doesn't mean doesn't mean this coach, these players, and others don't expect this team to win some games
Good lord man. You're off the rails.

I'm sure these coaches and players expect to win. They're the ones playing. We are observing which means we can be objective instead of delusional (well some of us can be objective). I want them to win every game but I expect them to be likely win between 6-8 games. You however predict 10 or more wins every single season for some reason.

Also. Here's your 2022 Bengals surprise.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...TXWVNh2cXg