Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 2 1 vs Commanders Round 1

G'day all

Thought it might be fun to tey this out

Basically how thus works, is you rank 3 players for a match to give points to e.g. 3- TLaw 2- Walker 1-Allen

These r generally players who played the best in your opinion during the game. So if u go by the example above I would give 3 points to tlaw  2 to walker and 1 to Allen for the game. 

People can leave there votes in this thread for this game and at the end if the week I will add up votes that have accumulated

For basically by the end of our last match, we will have a DuvalPride forum player of the year as well as a top 5 because if the points tallied

I also like to include for a bit of fun a N.C [ naughty corner] which can be anything in the game, e.g. ref, a player having a [BLEEP] match etc. The NC is not counted in votes and is judt for fun.

If people can try and keep posts to just there points/votes for players that will be extremely helpful, cause it makes the tallying of votes alot easier

Here is my votes for the round

3-Robinson
2-Kirk
1-Walker

N.C.- the dropped catch by etienne, that hurt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

3-Walker
2-J Rob
1-Kirk

NC- Griffin for supposedly being the vet in the secondary and giving up 2 TDs

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 06:03 PM by Big Dougy P.)

3- Tyson Campbell.
2- Travon Walker
1- Christian Kirk

NC - Trevor Lawrence, solid game but that ugly int that cost us a chance to take the lead at the end was disturbing.

(09-12-2022, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 3-Walker
2-J Rob
1-Kirk

NC- Griffin for supposedly being the vet in the secondary and giving up 2 TDs

I will say this on that long TD to Terry that Shaq gave up, it would appear on review that Cisco was supposed to be over top... so not sure where the blame should go. Shaq looked like he was passing him off at first.

3. Travon Walker - Hell of a debut! Couldn't have asked for much more.

2. James Robinson - Two TD's. Looked great! Should have had way more than 11 carries.

1. Christian Kirk - Good debut. Two missed plays would have given him even more opportunties to add to the stat line. Had a pass on a slant coming his way altered by Payne's forearm and another play overthrown by Lawrence.

NC. Doug Pederson - Imbalanced approach offensively. Not using timeouts in the 4th quarter late to settle down the defense on a 3rd and 10 situation. While the 2nd half adjustments were impressive and effective. He still has some rust to shake off situationally.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

3.  Travon Walker - An interception and a sack in his rookie debut and he is the player that was supposed to take time to develop?  

2.  James Robinson - He had both a running touchdown and a passing touchdown on a team that rarely seems to get either.  He also had a 6.0 yards per carry rushing average.  Why wasn't he used more?

1.  Christian Kirk - 117 receiving yards.  He earned his paycheck and that's not easy.   Smile

NC - Unfortunately, there are a number of candidates, but I'll have to say Trevor.  He had too many missed opportunities.  At some point, he's got to stop playing like a rookie and live up to his potential.

3. Kirk
2. Walker
1. Robinson

(09-12-2022, 08:55 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: 3.  Travon Walker - An interception and a sack in his rookie debut and he is the player that was supposed to take time to develop?  

2.  James Robinson - He had both a running touchdown and a passing touchdown on a team that rarely seems to get either.  He also had a 6.0 yards per carry rushing average.  Why wasn't he used more?

1.  Christian Kirk - 117 receiving yards.  He earned his paycheck and that's not easy.   Smile

NC - Unfortunately, there are a number of candidates, but I'll have to say Trevor.  He had too many missed opportunities.  At some point, he's got to stop playing like a rookie and live up to his potential.

This is mine exactly.

3 Kirk 
2 James Robinson 
1 Walker

3. Kirk
2. Walker
1. JRob

NC- ETN

(09-12-2022, 08:55 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: 3.  Travon Walker - An interception and a sack in his rookie debut and he is the player that was supposed to take time to develop?  

I think this is where I'm at on week one as well.  
I'm probably more inclined to but Bartch in the NC ahead of Trevor, but Trevor missed on three attempts that could have changed the game. (Two TD, and a drive killer)  So he is deserving. 

Thankfully, these misses are not the Bortles-esque misses we've had to endure from other QBs for years on end.
Most of Trevor's misses are a foot or two away from being great passes. I'd like to think this is very fixable.

Bumping this up. I really like this idea from Straya. Will be fun to keep it going weekly and to see how the points tally up.

Get in here folks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

3) Walker - great interception. Not a pick 6 but might as well have been since we scored on the next play.

2) JRob - the speculation around his potential demise with the injury and ETN’s presence was premature. He’s a great football player that may continue to be doubted nationally because of his lack of top end speed and lack of draft capital.

1) Kirk - seems to get himself open a lot and has great speed. Looks like a great signing so far.

NC - Cam Robinson fell apart on the last drive and also had what appeared to be a mental lapse 2 drives earlier. All of which contributed to significant pressure and QB hits which led to bad plays. Hopefully it was just a conditioning issue being the 1st full game.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 09:25 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 06:01 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: 3- Tyson Campbell.
2- Travon Walker
1- Christian Kirk

Is this you Tyson?   Are we excluding the fact that you got burned for a TD?

Reminder for everyone to get there votes in before Sunday Smile

Will be tallying round 1 come sunday

3 - Logan Cooke - 50 yds a punt is great, dude needs some votes too
2 - I dunno, Doug Pederson - what a difference a year makes, at least I still have hope for this team going into week 2
1 - James Robinson - looked good in his return, ran with confidence and didn't show trepidation at taking hits. Hopefully the team either increases his workload or remembers that Etienne can get some carries, too.

NC - The idiot Fox affiliate in TLH. They still think Floridians want to watch yet another Failcons choke job. We want to see the Jags' choke job, dangit!

(09-15-2022, 09:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 06:01 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: 3- Tyson Campbell.
2- Travon Walker
1- Christian Kirk

Is this you Tyson?   Are we excluding the fact that you got burned for a TD?

He never got burned for a TD, he was in position to make a play and just didn't, which was ugly. But overall he played good and it's hard to say he cost us anything because even tho he gave up that last td, he also got a turnover. kinda nulls out and he was pretty good in coverage overall. But now that I think about it I might put JR-25 in that spot.

(09-16-2022, 11:28 AM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 09:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Is this you Tyson?   Are we excluding the fact that you got burned for a TD?

He never got burned for a TD, he was in position to make a play and just didn't, which was ugly. But overall he played good and it's hard to say he cost us anything because even tho he gave up that last td, he also got a turnover. kinda nulls out and he was pretty good in coverage overall. But now that I think about it I might put JR-25 in that spot.

JRob goes from not being on your list to potentially being the one you give the most points to?  Or did you reverse your order?

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 06:57 PM by icey14. Edited 1 time in total.)

Edited as i am a idiot and missed Walker on offence haha

for me the list is as follows

Offence

3. Trevor
2. Kirk
1. Robinson

NC - Travis  dropped a TD and also had a fumble which could of been easily a fumble six.

Defense

3. Hamilton
2. Olukun
1. Walker

NC - Griffin had horrible play all game

I would give MVP of the game to Robinson - coming off his injury and playing so well and didn't seem to be affected like most of us believed.

3. Travon Walker
2. Christian Kirk
1. James Robinson

(09-16-2022, 12:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 11:28 AM)Big Dougy P Wrote: He never got burned for a TD, he was in position to make a play and just didn't, which was ugly. But overall he played good and it's hard to say he cost us anything because even tho he gave up that last td, he also got a turnover. kinda nulls out and he was pretty good in coverage overall. But now that I think about it I might put JR-25 in that spot.

JRob goes from not being on your list to potentially being the one you give the most points to?  Or did you reverse your order?

Yeah, based upon the comments, I think some people are confused.  It is supposed to be 3 points for the best player and 1 point for the third best player.  I think some people are putting their best player as #1.