Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote Walker for Rookie of the Week

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Done Smile
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Done

I voted for Walker but Drake London had a great debut too.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 08:18 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2022, 07:30 AM)The Great American Wrote: I voted for Walker but Drake London had a great debut too.

When the Falcons get Ridley back and if he's 100% and his old self, I think they have one of they best offensive groups in the league with London, Ridley, Pitts, and Patterson.

Jahan Dotson probably deserves the award, also since it seems i wont be eating any crown in my opinions of trevor, i will do so for jahan dotson. A lot of people on this board wanted him and i wasnt super sold on him. He looks pretty damn good

(09-14-2022, 09:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jahan Dotson probably deserves the award, also since it seems i wont be eating any crown in my opinions of trevor, i will do so for jahan dotson. A lot of people on this board wanted him and i wasnt super sold on him.  He looks pretty damn good

Don't worry, you still couldn't analyze qb play and potential if the ghost of John Madden appeared and anointed you with a magic football knowledge balm. 

You just keep your crow fork handy, there skippy. You'll be looking even dumber as the season wears onward.

(09-14-2022, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jahan Dotson probably deserves the award, also since it seems i wont be eating any crown in my opinions of trevor, i will do so for jahan dotson. A lot of people on this board wanted him and i wasnt super sold on him.  He looks pretty damn good

Don't worry, you still couldn't analyze qb play and potential if the ghost of John Madden appeared and anointed you with a magic football knowledge balm. 

You just keep your crow fork handy, there skippy. You'll be looking even dumber as the season wears onward.

Dont worry nyc, were in the same boat, im
Also really sad that Trevor dont look good still. But hey at least u and me both liked travon, at least u have that w take.

(09-14-2022, 10:11 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Don't worry, you still couldn't analyze qb play and potential if the ghost of John Madden appeared and anointed you with a magic football knowledge balm. 

Dont worry nyc, were in the same boat, im
Also really sad that Trevor dont look good still. But hey at least u and me both liked travon, at least u have that w take.

Hmmm.  I seem to recall a post yesterday where you would wait until the end of the year to form your opinion.  I guess that’s out the door.  That wouldn’t give you a chance to whine every week.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 11:42 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

They listed 4 tackles and 1 int but did not add the 1 sack.  UPDATE: OOPS -- THEY DID HAVE THE SACK LISTED.

Once again, the NFL is attempting to prevent the Jaguars from Stealing the Show !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U

(09-14-2022, 10:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They listed 4 tackles and 1 int but did not add the 1 sack.

Once again, the NFL is attempting to prevent the Jaguars from Stealing the Show !!!

It has the sack on there

(09-14-2022, 07:30 AM)The Great American Wrote: I voted for Walker but Drake London had a great debut too.

5 rec 74 yards? That's okay but he dont deserve any award at all lol.

(09-14-2022, 10:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They listed 4 tackles and 1 int but did not add the 1 sack.

It has the sack on there

i stand corrected --- not sure how i missed it.  Thx

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2022, 11:58 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(09-14-2022, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying Trevor doesn't have the potential to be great. Blaine Gabbert had that potential, as do many top tier QBs drafted in the 1st.. The problem is we haven't seen it yet from Trevor, not consistently enough to call him anything other then average, at best.

(09-14-2022, 11:57 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Don't worry, you still couldn't analyze qb play and potential if the ghost of John Madden appeared and anointed you with a magic football knowledge balm. 

I don't think anyone is saying Trevor doesn't have the potential to be great. Blaine Gabbert had that potential, as do many top tier QBs drafted in the 1st.. The problem is we haven't seen it yet from Trevor, not consistently enough to call him anything other then average, at best.

Meh.

He's shown many times over that he can make throws that average QBs can't make - and the below average QBs we've had never make. I've "seen it." And you're telling me I haven't. I just disagree that we haven't "seen it." 

What Trevor needs (and what seems like fairly typical young QB development) is to make reads a little quicker, subsequently getting the ball out just a beat sooner, and be more consistent with his inner clock to escape the pocket if no one is open. 
He escaped collapsing pockets pretty well as a rookie, but in his 22 debut struggled to at times behind what appears to be a worse OL than he had last year. 

The accuracy issues and the touch throw complaints are valid but largely blown way out of proportion. They are minor gripes and should be relatively easy fixes. Most of his misses are not that bad and the touch thing will come with time, confidence and scheme familiarity.

(09-14-2022, 10:17 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: They listed 4 tackles and 1 int but did not add the 1 sack.  UPDATE: OOPS -- THEY DID HAVE THE SACK LISTED.

This neve gets old. I love this. LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Gave him 5 votes

But of Course.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-14-2022, 12:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 11:57 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I don't think anyone is saying Trevor doesn't have the potential to be great. Blaine Gabbert had that potential, as do many top tier QBs drafted in the 1st.. The problem is we haven't seen it yet from Trevor, not consistently enough to call him anything other then average, at best.

Meh.

He's shown many times over that he can make throws that average QBs can't make - and the below average QBs we've had never make. I've "seen it." And you're telling me I haven't. I just disagree that we haven't "seen it." 

What Trevor needs (and what seems like fairly typical young QB development) is to make reads a little quicker, subsequently getting the ball out just a beat sooner, and be more consistent with his inner clock to escape the pocket if no one is open. 
He escaped collapsing pockets pretty well as a rookie, but in his 22 debut struggled to at times behind what appears to be a worse OL than he had last year. 

The accuracy issues and the touch throw complaints are valid but largely blown way out of proportion. They are minor gripes and should be relatively easy fixes. Most of his misses are not that bad and the touch thing will come with time, confidence and scheme familiarity.

Yeah okay buddy. Trevor since joining our little kitty team has yet to make a single throw that 80% of the qbs in the league can make, hes not done anything special and the issue is, even if he has it dont mean [BLEEP]. What good is a qb who can make a spectacular throw, who cannot make good decisions, is constantly inaccurate and who seems to crumble unless the circumstances are near perfect. We saw him fold against cincy last year, we saw him fold this past week. He has not been good at any point he has one solid game to his credit and it was just that, solid. Blake bortles of all people had a 380 yard 5 td game.. blake bortles sucks and even that guy was capable of putting up a monster stat game in his second year. This dude hasnt done anything your just being a blind homer who cant accept when you aint right.

How about you just let it go, accept your L and wait for him to hopefully turn it around foreal before you spout your bull

(09-16-2022, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 12:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meh.

Yeah okay buddy. Trevor since joining our little kitty team has yet to make a single throw that 80% of the qbs in the league can make, hes not done anything special and the issue is, even if he has it dont mean [BLEEP]. What good is a qb who can make a spectacular throw, who cannot make good decisions, is constantly inaccurate and who seems to crumble unless the circumstances are near perfect. We saw him fold against cincy last year, we saw him fold this past week. He has not been good at any point he has one solid game to his credit and it was just that, solid. Blake bortles of all people had a 380 yard 5 td game.. blake bortles sucks and even that guy was capable of putting up a monster stat game in his second year. This dude hasnt done anything your just being a blind homer who cant accept when you aint right.

How about you just let it go, accept your L and wait for him to hopefully turn it around foreal before you spout your bull

You seem awfully invested in that position. Why are you so concerned that everyone doesn't agree with you?