Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 09:00 AM by Mikey.)

(09-15-2022, 11:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Chargers beat themselves.  Isn't it convenient they get a nice mini bye before facing the Jags who will be traveling all the way across the country.  A lot of things working against us for week 3.  Maybe Herbert will be nursing a broken rib and we tweak it early in the game enough to make a difference.

a mini bye? I get homerism, but come on, man.

They played on Sunday, right? They got 3 days rest to face one of their toughest opponents of the season.

They got more right to gripe about the short week than we do over their extended rest.

(09-16-2022, 08:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 03:20 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Ironic that this similar injury is how Herbert got the job from Tyrod Taylor back in his rookie year.
Not quite.

Tyrod got injured when a team doctor punctured his lung while trying to give him a pain killer.

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Stream was fine for me, I watched on phone while watching other stuff on the telly. Biggest problem was when I put in the earbud, I had to listen to Herbstreit. Thankfully, the stream includes an option for closed captioning. I'll give Bezos credit, he threw down big cash for this deal and the shield scheduled some good games. Next Thurs looks to be another bruising battle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2022, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Herbert down holding his ribs... Incoming the legend that is Chase Daniel.

I just re-watched that hit about ten times and it just didn't look that 'violent'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-16-2022, 12:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Herbert down holding his ribs... Incoming the legend that is Chase Daniel.

I just re-watched that hit about ten times and it just didn't look that 'violent'.

Looked like he may have half landed on the defender's helmet and/or facemask.  Other than that, I couldn't even tell that he got hit in the ribs at all

(09-16-2022, 03:18 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 12:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I just re-watched that hit about ten times and it just didn't look that 'violent'.

Looked like he may have half landed on the defender's helmet and/or facemask.  Other than that, I couldn't even tell that he got hit in the ribs at all
Yeah looked like the helmet caused it. Landed a little on his side into the helmet.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Hutchinson has 3 sacks in the first half.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1571566105688416257

(09-18-2022, 03:01 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Hutchinson has 3 sacks in the first half.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1571566105688416257

The classic Dante Fowler sack aka the QB runs right into him.
https://twitter.com/Profiler_NFL/status/...8671036416

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 04:14 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some dramatic finished going on right now mainly in the Jets/Browns and Dolphins/Ravens games. The underdogs in this game are fighting back hard.It looks like the Jets will actually go ahead and beat the Browns today after Jacoby's interception.

Miami just scored to put them at 42-38.

6 TDs thrown by Tua and Jalen Waddle with 171 yds and 2 TDs.

Absolutely insane.

Damn this sucks for Lance. That ankle is either broken or dislocated.
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...7936287744

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 04:43 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2022, 04:19 PM)enigma Wrote: Miami just scored to put them at 42-38.

6 TDs thrown by Tua and Jalen Waddle with 171 yds and 2 TDs.

Absolutely insane.

Got to give the Dolphins and Tua credit. That was a very impressive comeback for them against the Ravens. Tua is one that has gotten his fair share of criticism since being in the league, though he also dealt with a coach that IMO didn't seem to care a lot for him and yanked him in and out of the lineup earlier in his career. This was an impressive effort for him today underneath his new coach. Today has been a good day for underdog teams/teams that are hoping to turn a corner/trend in the right direction. 

Also, I am surprised at how well the Cowboys have come out playing so far in today's game. Granted it is early still but that was a nice opening drive for them. I had expected them to struggle a lot more against the Bengals, especially without Dak.

(09-18-2022, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Damn this sucks for Lance. That ankle is either broken or dislocated.

A real head scratcher pick. At least this way they can keep him in a Schrodinger's QB situation on IR and act like no one knows if he's good or bad yet.

I'm just happy it's not our guy.

Lance was raw before coming into the league and I don't see how missing most of 3 seasons in a row will help him. Pray that doctors will perform miracles.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 06:27 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2022, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Damn this sucks for Lance. That ankle is either broken or dislocated.

Best thing that could have happened for the 49ers, this year. Lance might be the future (doubtful), but he's not the present, and the 9ers are built to win now.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Wow the rams are doing everything can to lose this game. What the [BLEEP] are they doing.

Broken ankle apparently. Done for the year. Feel for the kid.

The Jimmy G saga takes another twist.

(09-18-2022, 08:47 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Broken ankle apparently. Done for the year. Feel for the kid.

Yup confirmed fractured ankle. Will have season ending surgery. Bummer

(09-18-2022, 08:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 08:47 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Broken ankle apparently. Done for the year. Feel for the kid.

Yup confirmed fractured ankle. Will have season ending surgery. Bummer

I've only seen the broadcast shot of the tackle but it didn't seem a really bad hit but just a brutal outcome for him when he had been given his shot. 

Jimmy G has gone far with the Niners the last few years but he's cost them winning SB's and I don't think that's changed.

(09-18-2022, 09:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 08:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup confirmed fractured ankle. Will have season ending surgery. Bummer

I've only seen the broadcast shot of the tackle but it didn't seem a really bad hit but just a brutal outcome for him when he had been given his shot. 

Jimmy G has gone far with the Niners the last few years but he's cost them winning SB's and I don't think that's changed.

Here's a different angle of it. Nothing crazy, just looks like his foot got caught in the turf a little bit and him/the other players just came down on it oddly. It's his right foot btw. Just gets caught up under him/them.
https://twitter.com/NFLUnlimited/status/...3898297348