Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2 talk

Denver may have won, but man was it ugly. Their home crowd was booing them very loudly for most of the day and for good reason. Look at this mess.
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/157...8426060802

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2022, 10:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Denver may have won, but man was it ugly. Their home crowd was booing them very loudly for most of the day and for good reason. Look at this mess.

We gonna beat them in London this year.

You need 1/2 a yard for the TD and you line up in shotgun for a QB keeper? What are you doing Chicago??.. LOL

Garrett Wilson the WR1 the Jets needed. Dude is a stud.

According to @ESPNStatsInfo, It's the first time in 12 years a team has come back from a 21-point deficit in the fourth quarter. From 2011 to 2022, teams trailing by 21+ in the fourth quarter have a record of 0-711.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 01:21 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2022, 10:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Denver may have won, but man was it ugly. Their home crowd was booing them very loudly for most of the day and for good reason. Look at this mess.

So far, Hackett hasn't been good. He's killed a potentially prolific offense with real boneheadedness. He's a rook HC, and so this may get better, but so far, he looks lost and confused, even in his natural element of offense. I thought this would be a great hire right out of the gate, but so far, i have been 100% wrong.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 01:51 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Week 2 random thoughts:
In some other obscure thread, I said that Miami would challenge the Bills for the AFC East, and Tua would have a monster year because he would finally have a coach that was interested in offense and that wouldnt jerk him around on a chain. Enter 'Revenge of the Nerds' Mike McDaniels. Though he looks more like a Madden gaming champ or a computer programmer than a HC, he's got this team rolling. Plus, I love the incongruity of seeing him on the sideline with these mammoth men.

While I expected the Raiders to lose to the Chargers, I was really shocked that they let the Cards come back to beat them. I was pretty high on them this year, even picking them 2nd in the West to the Chargers, but I need to rethink that big time.

Anyone around here still sorry we didn't hire Leftwich as a HC after seeing the sorry offensive play by the Bucs in the 1st 2 games? Their D is carrying them, and Brady looks substandard.

Jets might want to stay with Flacco for a while, even when Wilson heals up. Garrett Wilson >> Elijah Moore. Nice RB for them as well. Our game with them should be interesting.

Bengals spent a ton on OL with little to show for it so far (sounds familiar). Burrow sacked 13 times in two games. Unless they get it together, they are going to be battling with the Brownies for last place.

Chiefs are clearly the best in the AFC West. In some state of self-induced stupor, I picked KC last due to personnel losses. Big mistake. Mahomes/Reid have adjusted and they haven't missed a beat.

While unfortunate, the Lance injury in SF is the best thing that could have happened for the 9ers in the bigger scheme of things. He wasn't ready this year, but the team is. With a veteran who has shown he can win with this team, they can win the division now and challenge for the SB.

Aaron Rodgers is still a pompous dick. A PD who ain't winning the NFC Central this year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Titans playing the Bills tough

(09-19-2022, 07:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Titans playing the Bills tough

So did LA for 3 quarters. Then Josh Allen went the [BLEEP] off and put up almost 20 points in 5 minutes. I figure either way we will hold top of the division since we have to divisional win, but it will be nice to hold the lead completely with a win up going into week 3.

Yeah. This game isn't going as I had imagined. 

I'll say one thing for the Bills, they have some serious fans. Which is why I took special delight in ruining their dream in 2017. What a game that was to attend.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 08:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-19-2022, 08:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Yeah. This game isn't going as I had imagined. 

I'll say one thing for the Bills, they have some serious fans. Which is why I took special delight in ruining their dream in 2017. What a game that was to attend.
Agreed, I was there too.  The the white towels they handed out was insane with everyone waving them.

Farley sucks.

Holy cow, they're bringing an ambulance onto the field. Not good.

(09-19-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Holy cow, they're bringing an ambulance onto the field. Not good.

I hope his neck ain't broke

(09-19-2022, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Holy cow, they're bringing an ambulance onto the field. Not good.

I hope his neck ain't broke
At first, I thought it looked worse than it was but IDK... His helmet damn near touched his back. That was nasty.

Bills kicking the [BLEEP] outta the tacks and it's beautiful to watch.

Great news for what looked like it could have been very serious. Was an ugly hit.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/statu...8777811970

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 09:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jalen Hurts having a great game

Ten. has issues at the corner position, hopefully Trev and our WRs can take advantage

Out division seriously sucks. After 2 weeks it's pretty clear that we have a shot to win the south.

(09-19-2022, 09:59 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Out division seriously sucks. After 2 weeks it's pretty clear that we have a shot to win the south.

I always thought 8 or 9 wins would likely take the Division and that's certainly looking true. Heck might even be less at this rate.

With that said though, we're currently in 1st place going into week 3  Cool