Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Home Opener -- a lot of empty seats

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 08:52 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Even with new hope in a proven HC and a franchise QB, a decade of losses appears to have lead to a Jaguars fan base no longer willing to attend games.  Check out the empty seats (in blue) which represent tickets that have gone unsold for the Jags vs Colts home opener.  Just click on the link below, then click on any section, then scroll out to view the entire seating diagram illustrating available seating.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/jacksonvill...lsrc=aw.ds

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People fed up i guess
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 09:24 AM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

More elbow room for me then.

Funny, I've always thought of division games as must-watch material, but a lot of the more casual fans (I guess) aren't as interested in our divisional games.  Our division mostly sucks for history and tradition outside of local markets.

Can’t say I blame them. I’m showing up for the Giants home game though. Making the trip

If you scroll around and check it out it's not much more than it has been
The most popular sections (near the club seats) are 90% sold.
They have to win to sell tickets
Nothing new

The last 4 home games in 2017 were sellouts or darn near

If they string together a few wins, that will happen again

I was at the playoffs game against the Bills. Maybe the best atmosphere I've ever been in amd I've been in some good ones at some Gator games as well. I'll be there Sunday, hopefully we have a good game

It is a league issue. When you consider our lack of competitive teams year after year, you would think we would be 32nd in tickets distributed, sold or gifted. We weren't the bottom of the barrel. League has a price problem and interest in the NFL overall is down a smidge.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'm going to the last away game they have (vs. Texans) and before the season started the prices for nosebleed tickets were like it was a playoff deciding game already! If it becomes another dreary season for both those teams I'll just wait til game day

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 10:43 AM by Talented Kalamari. Edited 1 time in total.)

You can't blame the fans for not showing up when you've only managed to have one successful season during your 12 years of ownership. This is on Khan, 100%. He needs to step it up as an owner and start producing.

(09-16-2022, 09:21 AM)scottyg Wrote: More elbow room for me then.

Funny, I've always thought of division games as must-watch material, but a lot of the more casual fans (I guess) aren't as interested in our divisional games.  Our division mostly sucks for history and tradition outside of local markets.

We have the most boring division in football. Boring colors, boring players, boring cities.

Winning solves everything. Last week wasn’t exactly a motivation for game attendance this week. It’s a problem that’s been building for over 10 years. It won’t be solved in a single season.

Plus, as someone else pointed out, the NFL has a real affordability problem. Casual fans aren’t very willing to drop a few hundred dollars for any team, let alone one that is considered the poster child of losing.

Are we sure the inflation/declining economy issue isn’t factoring in on this?

Non-issue IMO

Just looking at the sections more closely - it looks just like it has since 2018

blue and pink are unsold or up for re-sale
gray is sold and not for resale
This looks very normal to me - maybe just a few more for sale or resale than normal

[Image: bank1.17a7789b44a75939a.md.png]

It's hard to blame people. Some folk don't have a ton of money, and it's a pain in the [BLEEP] to pay to be upset. We have the fans, anyone who went to the seahawks jags game in '17 knows it. That stadium was packed. We had a winning record 8-4, going up against another 8-4 team.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 12:00 PM by RicoTx.)

Well, other issue is that we draw a decent amount of fans from the opposing team.  

Who travels to see the Colts?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-16-2022, 10:41 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You can't blame the fans for not showing up when you've only managed to have one successful season during your 12 years of ownership. This is on Khan, 100%. He needs to step it up as an owner and start producing.

(09-16-2022, 09:21 AM)scottyg Wrote: More elbow room for me then.

We have the most boring division in football. Boring colors, boring players, boring cities.

Our division is pretty lame in the grand scheme of things.  As people previously noted on this board, we're the division of outcasts .... leftovers that other divisions didn't want when they went from 5 teams to 4 teams.

The same 40-45k base will be there along with about another 5-10k stragglers, as usual. There has been a false narrative that the football fans in this city can't get enough Jags. They have struggled for years now to exceed that base of 40-45k season ticket holders. Pitiful for city of almost a million.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Some of those seats are actually sold they have just been offered up for resale by the purchasers. People nowadays have figured out if they wait to the last minute, they'll get the best price. At actual game time, you'll see the usual 55 to 63 thousand in the stands. If they establish a winning tradition, the fans will return to sell it out consistently.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-16-2022, 11:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Non-issue IMO

Just looking at the sections more closely - it looks just like it has since 2018

This looks very normal to me - maybe just a few more for sale or resale than normal

Lol ...you picked the sections in which the most tickets were sold.  Scroll out to see the visitors side and the end zones sections and you will see a lot of blue bubbles --- pretty sad.

Shouldn't those seats be teal, not blue.

(09-16-2022, 03:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 11:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Non-issue IMO

Lol ...you picked the sections in which the most tickets were sold.  Scroll out to see the visitors side and the end zones sections and you will see a lot of blue bubbles --- pretty sad.

No

That is the visitor's side starting just left of the club seat and stretching toward the endzone 
There are more sold on the home sode.
Now, the visitor's side near the south endzone does look more sparse than this image, bit still similar to last year. 
I looked at the whole thing, I don't see anything that's not normal about it compared to what we've seen over the past four years  

(09-16-2022, 04:23 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Shouldn't those seats be teal, not blue.

Why? Does ticketmaster have teal in their logo or branding?