Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson

I figured J Rob needs his own thread.  We need to go ahead and give him that contract extension where we don't have to use the tag on him.  He is arguable our best player and easily a top 10 back in this league.  Pay the man

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't say easily. Though I am glad we have him.

I feel like we don't have the funds to do so right now. But I hope he stays as a Jag for the rest of his career.

He should be the focus of the offense. ETN and TLaw aren't ready for primetime.

(09-17-2022, 12:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I figured J Rob needs his own thread.  We need to go ahead and give him that contract extension where we don't have to use the tag on him.  He is arguable our best player and easily a top 10 back in this league.  Pay the man
Just curious. What are you going to pay him?

I'd be down to pay him 6-7 mil annual on a 4 year deal with a two year out.

(09-17-2022, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd be down to pay him 6-7 mil annual on a 4 year deal with a two year out.

Ekler money? I could be down for that.

The average salary for the top 10 RBs is around 12-13 million. I’m 100% not paying that but would be down for 6.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 02:52 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2022, 02:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 02:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd be down to pay him 6-7 mil annual on a 4 year deal with a two year out.

Ekler money? I could be down for that.

The average salary for the top 10 RBs is around 12-13 million. I’m 100% not paying that but would be down for 6.
This is the top 10 RBs.  https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n...765748001/

I'd go a 3 or 4 year deal, 7-8 mil per year which would put him in the top 10 highest paid backs.

(09-17-2022, 01:45 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I feel like we don't have the funds to do so right now. But I hope he stays as a Jag for the rest of his career.

We can make the room.

I would be down for giving Robinson that kind of money for an additional reason. He doesn't seem the type, at all, who would mail it in once he made bank.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 03:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2022, 02:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would be down for giving Robinson that kind of money for an additional reason. He doesn't seem the type, at all, who would mail it in once he made bank.

Agreed, also his character.  JRob, Trev, Lloyd, Walker etc. All have very high character and the perfect players to build this franchise around.

The Browns are the only team in the league that I feel has a better RB group than us. Not to mention Cam and Talyor are both tackles built for run blocking

(09-17-2022, 02:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would be down for giving Robinson that kind of money for an additional reason. He doesn't seem the type, at all, who would mail it in once he made bank.
I’m very torn. How many RBs return the value on their 2nd contract? JRob already has 1 significant injury and he plays a position with a very short shelf life. 

JRob is a great back and an all around great guy. However I’m not giving him a contract just yet. I want the season to play out and then see where we are.

Trevor is still the man
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-17-2022, 03:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
I’m very torn. How many RBs return the value on their 2nd contract? JRob already has 1 significant injury and he plays a position with a very short shelf life. 

JRob is a great back and an all around great guy. However I’m not giving him a contract just yet. I want the season to play out and then see where we are.

His shelf life might be lengthened a couple of years by sharing snaps with Etienne, who looks to be a top tier RB in his own right. 

Not to mention the wear and tear he was saved during the Urban era.  Smile

(09-17-2022, 04:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 03:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m very torn. How many RBs return the value on their 2nd contract? JRob already has 1 significant injury and he plays a position with a very short shelf life. 

His shelf life might be lengthened a couple of years by sharing snaps with Etienne, who looks to be a top tier RB in his own right. 

Not to mention the wear and tear he was saved during the Urban era.  Smile

Agreed

If you're extending one of JRob or Etienne, it's more likely to be JRob and here's why... He's slated to be a free agent next year in his age 25 season which is still prime time for running backs. Etienne is set to hit free agency in 2025 assuming we don't 5th year option him and he'll be 26 that year and 27 the following if we do 5th year option him. Way early, but he may be wise to hold out for a longer deal if we haven't already given him one given that he'll be looking at the age cliff for running backs of 27 which everyone knows. We're more likely to see Etienne's tenure here be over after his rookie deal is up in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 04:49 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2022, 04:47 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you're extending one of JRob or Etienne, it's more likely to be JRob and here's why...  He's slated to be a free agent next year in his age 25 season which is still prime time for running backs.  Etienne is set to hit free agency in 2025 assuming we don't 5th year option him and he'll be 26 that year and 27 the following if we do 5th year option him.  Way early, but he may be wise to hold out for a longer deal if we haven't already given him one given that he'll be looking at the age cliff for running backs of 27 which everyone knows. We're more likely to see Etienne's tenure here be over after his rookie deal is up in my opinion.

Etienne?  Lol. He can still have 3 years left in his deal.  This is JRobs last year. You extend J Rob and have both for the next 3 years minimum

I hope that JRob has a big game against the Clots.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

If anything, ETN should extend JRob's career here.. Not so much wear n' tear..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-17-2022, 03:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed, also his character.  JRob, Trev, Lloyd, Walker etc. All have very high character and the perfect players to build this franchise around.

The Browns are the only team in the league that I feel has a better RB group than us.  Not to mention Cam and Talyor are both tackles built for run blocking

Cam and Taylor are better than what fans think. They are both pretty good in the run game, I agree.