Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson

Are we sure he had that injury last year? Has sports medicine advanced to this point?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

James Robinson is playing like a man unhinged

Needs to be paid
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Pro Bowl?

Needs to be re-signed, but there has to be a limit. No RB is worth $12m+ per.

$6-8m per sounds about right for JRob

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 07:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-25-2022, 07:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Needs to be re-signed, but there has to be a limit. No RB is worth $12m+ per.

$6-8m per sounds about right for JRob

There is a limit to any player.  Make him a top 10 paid back, 8 mil per 3-4 years 20 mil guaranteed

How fast is JRob? He looked very quick on the 51 yard TD run.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:47 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-25-2022, 10:42 PM)InauguralJag Wrote: How fast is JRob? He looked very quick on the 51 yard TD run.

He ran 4.64 at the combine.

Long speed isn't his game, but he certainly isn't a snail either.

I eat some crow on Jrob. I thought he was an average back but he's above that. Can't quite put a finger on what he has, but it's like he has that slippery wiggle Faulk had only not as fast. He's doing what I thought Etienne would do.

(09-25-2022, 10:49 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I eat some crow on Jrob. I thought he was an average back but he's above that. Can't quite put a finger on what he has, but it's like he has that slippery wiggle Faulk had only not as fast. He's doing what I thought Etienne would do.

He jukes guys but not in the traditional sense.  It’s more subtle, but he’s highly effective at making guys miss or take bad angles on him.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to give a running back a second contract. Go get one in the draft, they’re there. Look at James Robinson.

(09-25-2022, 10:49 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I eat some crow on Jrob. I thought he was an average back but he's above that. Can't quite put a finger on what he has, but it's like he has that slippery wiggle Faulk had only not as fast. He's doing what I thought Etienne would do.

Hes a broke man's emmit smith.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:24 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Running backs are a dime a dozen. Happy with the production, not afraid to block, is a good compliment to Etienne. He isn't an Adrian Peterson or even Jones-Drew in their prime. I don't feel like the team's success is riding on his back. Either get a reasonable offer to extend or find a trading partner at season's end.

(09-26-2022, 12:23 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Running backs are a dime a dozen.  Happy with the production,  not afraid to block,  is a good compliment to Etienne.  He isn't an Adrian Peterson or even Jones-Drew in their prime.  I don't feel like the team's success is riding on his back.  Either get a reasonable offer to extend or find a trading partner at season's end.

I mean that's good business but not good business at the same time. You gotta reward players for good service. The league is small and all the players talk. You don't want the reputation as the organization that abuses players and throw them out like trash.

Now you don't break the bank on the guy, but you give him a 4 year contract, maybe two years locked in and a nice bonus.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 08:54 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-26-2022, 12:23 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Running backs are a dime a dozen.  Happy with the production,  not afraid to block,  is a good compliment to Etienne.  He isn't an Adrian Peterson or even Jones-Drew in their prime.  I don't feel like the team's success is riding on his back.  Either get a reasonable offer to extend or find a trading partner at season's end.

Our QB is in the 2nd year of his rookie contract.  That means we have several more years before we have to give our QB the big extension.  That gives us the luxury of doing things we might not normally do.  Why waste a draft pick on a RB when you have one already?  We can afford to keep good players for the next few years.  

Sure, you can find running backs in the draft, but how many times do they suck?  A lot.  [coughsnoopconnorcoughcough] Why take that chance, when we have one already, and we have the cap space to keep him for at least a couple more years?

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 09:00 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I don't feel like this team's success is riding on his back but he has easily been the best offensive player on this team the last 2 years imo.  James Robinsons are far from a dime a dozen and he's also easily the best RB this team has had since MJD.  He is a very high character guy also and one of the cores of this team not to mention him and Etienne complement each other very well with their 2 different styles.  This offense will be much better with J Rob for the next 3 years than without him.  I'd cut Jenkins and give him that contract if I got to pick one or the other, and Jenkins has played pretty good the last 2 games.  I just hope J Rob wants to stay here