Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Week 2 - clots @ Jags ***

Well since nobody else made the thread, figure I will! Let's go Jaguars! The Colts in week 1 looked pretty bad, and should only look worse today with a few key players out, and a few others questionable to play. Jax injury report is clean, so let's go get this dub

Injury report:
Clots:
Out: WR Alec Pearce, LB Shaq Leonard
Questionable: WR Michael Pittman jr, DT DeForest Buckner, CB Kenny More

Jags:
None

My actual score prediction:
Jags 24 Clots 13

DUUUUVAL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welcome one and all to the official (***) Week 2 Game Day Thread!

Today's contest looks to be a wet and muddy muscle match between two division rivals headed in opposite directions. The Jaguars are coming off a tough Week 1 loss to the Washington team that saw a first look at the Doug Pederson-led Jaguars and the many new pieces on this team. Rookie top pick Travon Walker had the play of the week when he snagged a screen pass for his first career interception; he also posted 3 tackles and his 1st NFL sack. The second 1st round pick in this past draft Devon Lloyd led the team with 11 total tackles. Both will be needed in the stormy conditions today as the clots bring their star running back Jonathan Taylor to town. The clots new QB, the aging Matt Ryan, will be without his best receiver today as Michael Pittman, Jr. has been ruled out for the contest. On the offensive side, prized free agent pick up Christian Kirk made his presence known last week with a 6 catch, 117 yard outing while running back James Robinson made a successful return scoring on both running and passing plays in Week 1. Trevor Lawrence had a solid outing last week but left some throws on the field. Every fan wants to see his improvement continue this week against at clots team that enters the week missing their emotional and physical leader in Shaq Leonard. How well the offensive line holds up will be the key to success again this week.

Game time is 1pm, thunderstorms and rain are expected throughout the day. Local coverage broadcasts on CBS47.

Thoughts, commentary, observations, discussion, and snark to follow all day long.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hey clots....WELCOME TO DUVAL!

Go Jags!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Come on let today be the day the jags go off and beat the crap out of the colts!

In an unrelated note, Ashlyn Sullivan wants to have my children.

Now, back to the game commentary.

I'm about to enter our stadium of which our expectations are above the clouded sky above. If you know me I don't predict Wins and loses at this juncture of the Jaguars' tenure. I'm expecting a better disciplined team vs. week one to say the least. The field will be saturated BUT we have one of the best fields that repels H2O.

Our first Home Game of 2022 and I'm TWIZZLED, All Caps. It's been a minute and the time has finally come to see our New team in person. Let's Go and let's pray that the Competitiveness is above and beyond.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Gonna win this one ladies and gentlemen.

(09-18-2022, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: In an unrelated note, Ashlyn Sullivan wants to have my children.

They would certainly have a masculine jawline.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-18-2022, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: In an unrelated note, Ashlyn Sullivan wants to have my children.

Are they financially stable? Could make retirement happen sooner.  How much are you selling them for? Laughing

Lets utilize the run game and get this dub.

(09-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Lets utilize the run game and get this dub.

With their patchwork O'line, JRob & ETN should have 10+ carries a piece..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Ohhh HELL Naw. Those are fighting words Sir. Let's meet at the Modus Building at midnight tonight.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Anyone want to get up and drink a beer let me know

Thin on WRs today for the Colts. Stop the run and this game should be a win.

(09-18-2022, 11:49 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 11:34 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Lets utilize the run game and get this dub.

With their patchwork O'line, JRob & ETN should have 10+ carries a piece..

Def want to see this

Pulling up to the 'bank now
Soggy already

Lawrence throws 2 picks no tds. We lose 28-3.

(09-18-2022, 12:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lawrence throws 2 picks no tds. We lose 28-3.
Why so negative

(09-18-2022, 12:22 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lawrence throws 2 picks no tds. We lose 28-3.

225 yds, 1 td 0 int. 50 rushing yds. Competent but not great.

(09-18-2022, 12:24 PM)Jagsman Wrote:
Why so negative

Everyone enjoys football in their own way, it seems.

Jeannie Blaylock and her husband are sitting directly in front of us. Should I yell Fake News?