Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South: Week 3

What a week in the AFCS. Week 2 saw the Jags Completely dominate the Clots on every level. The Broncos continue to genuinely underperform considering the qb they acquired this off season but still managed to put the tinhorns away. And the tacks took an [BLEEP] ripping against the bills that was over before the third quarter ended. Overall it was a good weekend to be a jags fan.

This week is going to be tough for our boys. We are traveling to LA face a very talented opponent that has their eyes on a deep playoff run. Couple that with the fact that we always seem to struggle on the west coast, and this is going to be a huge test for the Jags. Herbert is coming off a rib injury he suffered against the chiefs last week, but he has a long week to recover since that game was last Thursday night. 

The tinhorns traveling to Soldier Field to play a 1-1 bears team that is coming off a loss to the packers and will ultimately be looking to bounce pack and put their record above .500. Relatively even matchup.

The clots are going home to host the Chiefs who are off to solid 2-0 start. As much as the clots need a bounce back win after the [BLEEP] whooping they received in the bank, I don’t think anyone has them pulling one off against Mahomes and the Chiefs.

The tacks took one on the chin against the Bills as most would have expected., I am writing this during the 3rd quarter of that game, but it is well out of reach for the flaming tacks, so I feel pretty safe chalking this one up as an L. I mean the back-ups are in at the end of the third quarter. They are going up against an LV team that gave away a win last week against Arizona and will be looking to avoid starting the season off 0-3(much like them). Considering the tack’s loss in week 1 and the beat down the bills gave them, I think they're going to come out swinging at home. Should be a relatively even match up.

Matchups:
Jags @ LA Chargers 4:05pm
LV @ Tacks 1:00pm
Tinhorns @ Bears 1:00pm
Chiefs @ Clots 1:00pm

My Picks:
Chargers- as much as the homer in me wants to pick the jags, I think we lose this one. Hopeful for a solid performance.
Tacks - No part of me wants to pick the tacks but after the [BLEEP] ripping they took in buffalo, I think Vrabel takes them back to tenn pulls out a W.
Da Bears - This one is a toss-up but I’m going to give the nod to the bears.
Chiefs - easiest one for me. After watching the clots get wreked at the bank. I don’t think it would matter where they play mahomes, the result would be a L.

My Record:
Last week: 3-0
Overall: 3-2-1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags v Chargers - Gimie the jags in an upset, drinking the koolaid after indy.
LV over Tacks
Bears over Texans
Cheifs blow out colts

Record is 0-0-0 haven't predicted yet.

I’m going with the Jags having back to back wins.

Last week 3-0, season 3-2-1

BOLTS 27 Jags 17: Last weekend was euphoric, but the Bolts are a much more formidable foe. Jags keep it close, but take one on the chin.

tacks (home) 20 las vegas 13: The tacks looked awful Monday. However, the Raiders seem to have some dysfunction going on. An ugly game, an ugly win, and ugly fans in Nashville.

tinhorns 22 BURRS 17: Lovie will feel right back at home in Illinois, and steal a win on the road.

chefs 44 clots (home) 10: Does Irsay make any personnel moves after a second consecutive embarrassment?

Jags over bolts 
Vegas piles on the poor tacks 
Bearss over horns
Poor clots get owned again  Laughing
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Bolts over Jags
LV over Tacks
Tinhorns over Bears
Chiefs murder Clots
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Chargers
tacks
Bears
Chefs ;-)

Last week 3-0

3-2-1 Overall
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

3-2-1
coming in

bolt
tinhorn
chef

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:14 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

4.5 W 1.5 loses going into this week.

west coast game,late afternoon game LA  chargers  will lbe favored to win.  Jags have a new HC.   starting to see some little changes in the culture,it takes time for complete change to show up. 

this week i will go with 

chiefs

tittians

Bears

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-19-2022, 10:08 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: What a week in the AFCS. Week 2 saw the Jags Completely dominate the Clots on every level. The Broncos continue to genuinely underperform considering the qb they acquired this off season but still managed to put the tinhorns away. And the tacks took an [BLEEP] ripping against the bills that was over before the third quarter ended. Overall it was a good weekend to be a jags fan.

This week is going to be tough for our boys. We are traveling to LA face a very talented opponent that has their eyes on a deep playoff run. Couple that with the fact that we always seem to struggle on the west coast, and this is going to be a huge test for the Jags. Herbert is coming off a rib injury he suffered against the chiefs last week, but he has a long week to recover since that game was last Thursday night. 

The tinhorns traveling to Soldier Field to play a 1-1 bears team that is coming off a loss to the packers and will ultimately be looking to bounce pack and put their record above .500. Relatively even matchup.

The clots are going home to host the Chiefs who are off to solid 2-0 start. As much as the clots need a bounce back win after the [BLEEP] whooping they received in the bank, I don’t think anyone has them pulling one off against Mahomes and the Chiefs.

The tacks took one on the chin against the Bills as most would have expected., I am writing this during the 3rd quarter of that game, but it is well out of reach for the flaming tacks, so I feel pretty safe chalking this one up as an L. I mean the back-ups are in at the end of the third quarter. They are going up against an LV team that gave away a win last week against Arizona and will be looking to avoid starting the season off 0-3(much like them). Considering the tack’s loss in week 1 and the beat down the bills gave them, I think they're going to come out swinging at home. Should be a relatively even match up.

Matchups:
Jags @ LA Chargers 4:05pm
LV @ Tacks 1:00pm
Tinhorns @ Bears 1:00pm
Chiefs @ Clots 1:00pm

My Picks:
Chargers- as much as the homer in me wants to pick the jags, I think we lose this one. Hopeful for a solid performance.
Tacks - No part of me wants to pick the tacks but after the [BLEEP] ripping they took in buffalo, I think Vrabel takes them back to tenn pulls out a W.
Da Bears - This one is a toss-up but I’m going to give the nod to the bears.
Chiefs - easiest one for me. After watching the clots get wreked at the bank. I don’t think it would matter where they play mahomes, the result would be a L.

My Record:
Last week: 3-0
Overall: 3-2-1
Chiefs- easy pick
Bears - Texans are worse than I thought last week, them tying with the colts was really the colts being much worse than expected
Raiders- hard to call this, but I think LV is a better team than the tacks right now. Tacks look like a rebuild is coming.
Chargers- just cant do it of Herbert is playing. Our o-line cant handle Bosa either. I dont trust the jags on the west coast yet, but of the two games we have against good opponents, this feels like our most likely chance to steal one.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-20-2022, 07:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 3-2-1
coming in

bolt
tinhorn
chef

You're missing a pick, NYC
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-20-2022, 10:52 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 3-2-1
coming in

bolt
tinhorn
chef

You're missing a pick, NYC

Thanks!

https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/14241...9Y6woGWEgw

I didn't do week 1.

3-0 last week.

This week

Jags
Texans
Chiefs
Raiders

3-0 last week

4-1-1 overall

This week:

The Electiricans
Da Bears
Tacks
Chefs in a laugher
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 11:12 AM by imtheblkranger. Edited 1 time in total.)

3-0 last week

3-2-1 overall

Jags (My logical head says LA. My head told me to bench Jags defense for Cincy against Cooper Rush and it backfired. Going with the teal colored glasses this week. Even though I don't think we'll actually win it)
Raiders
tacks
KC

3-2-1 overall

Chargers over Jaguars
Chiefs over Colts
Texans over Bears
Raiders over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

I see everyone going with the Chiefs. I’m putting my money on them too, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts win. Taylor is still a beast.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 07:26 PM by Redrunt82. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags
Chiefs
Bears
Raiders

Last week: 3 - 0

Overall:      3 - 2 - 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(09-21-2022, 12:35 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-2-1 overall

Chargers over Jaguars
Chiefs over Colts
Texans over Bears
Raiders over Titans

Whoa  Huh

Resident tacks fan taking the raiders over the tacks? Making me rethink my confidence in taking Vrable to turn it around.

(09-22-2022, 07:02 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 12:35 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 3-2-1 overall

Chargers over Jaguars
Chiefs over Colts
Texans over Bears
Raiders over Titans

Whoa  Huh

Resident tacks fan taking the raiders over the tacks? Making me rethink my confidence in taking Vrable to turn it around.

Gotta feeling that whoever wins will win ugly.