Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk

Pending the MNF outcome, Giants, Eagles and Dolphins are the remaining undefeated teams in the league. Who woulda thunk It?

Had we played a decent 4th qtr against the Commies, we are on that list too.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Broncos fans boo'ing Hackett and the offense in the 3rd quarter even when it's a 7-3 game.

So glad we got rid of him.

(09-25-2022, 10:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Pending the MNF outcome, Giants, Eagles and Dolphins are the remaining undefeated teams in the league. Who woulda thunk It?

In a way I’m glad we’re not. Having that undefeated target on their backs puts that
much more pressure on a team. I don’t think we’re ready for that.

(09-25-2022, 10:19 PM)enigma Wrote: Broncos fans boo'ing Hackett and the offense in the 3rd quarter even when it's a 7-3 game.

Not a particularly entertaining game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

9ers about to lose to the Bonkos unless Jimmy G can work some magic. Right now, we look better than both these teams. Maybe that AFC West buzzsaw we have to go thru has lost some teeth?

(09-25-2022, 11:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: 9ers about to lose to the Bonkos unless Jimmy G can work some magic. Right now, we look better than both these teams.  Maybe that AFC West buzzsaw we have to go thru has lost some teeth?

Niners and Broncos are a pile of hot garbage, at least based off that game.

So far, it seems like we can match up pretty decently against the AFCW teams but I'll reserve my judgement for a couple more weeks to see if those teams get their gears going or if they truly are not "who we thought they were".

The AFC East looks to be the strong division with the Bills and Dolphins playing the way they have been.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:19 PM by Mikey.)

(09-25-2022, 02:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tua concussed. He’s out.

Teddy Bridgewater taking the snaps now.

I have no clue how in the world he was allowed back in the game. League is investigating.

It'll be interesting to see if the league does anything, especially after he did come back in and get the dub.

(09-25-2022, 03:27 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Viska with a 67 yard TD

speaking of former Jags, congrats to Josh Oliver, first TD evar yesterday. I did a double take when they said that.

(09-25-2022, 10:19 PM)enigma Wrote: Broncos fans boo'ing Hackett and the offense in the 3rd quarter even when it's a 7-3 game.

Russ ain't doing much, either. Outside of cashing checks, that is.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:27 PM by Mikey.)

(09-25-2022, 10:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 10:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Pending the MNF outcome, Giants, Eagles and Dolphins are the remaining undefeated teams in the league. Who woulda thunk It?

In a way I’m glad we’re not. Having that undefeated target on their backs puts that

That's an interesting point. And you're right, the team doesn't need the extra pressure. One week at a time, no worry about streaks, standings, or awards. Just focus on winning the next game, and the rest takes care of itself.

(09-25-2022, 11:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: 9ers about to lose to the Bonkos unless Jimmy G can work some magic. Right now, we look better than both these teams.  Maybe that AFC West buzzsaw we have to go thru has lost some teeth?

I expected more from the Radiers than I did the Broncs. I'm shocked that they've looked as poorly as they have. McDaniels has a project on his hands.

(09-26-2022, 12:24 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 10:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: In a way I’m glad we’re not. Having that undefeated target on their backs puts that

That's an interesting point. And you're right, the team doesn't need the extra pressure. One week at a time, no worry about streaks, standings, or awards. Just focus on winning the next game, and the rest takes care of itself.

I expected more from the Radiers than I did the Broncs. I'm shocked that they've looked as poorly as they have. McDaniels has a project on his hands.

Raiders have lost close (i think by a combined 13 pts?), but yeah, I didnt expect they would be this bad. They dont look polished as a team.

Neal just got beat

(09-26-2022, 08:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neal just got beat

He's been terrible through the first two games apparently.

(09-26-2022, 08:35 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neal just got beat

He's been terrible through the first two games apparently.

What's funny is Andrew Thomas has been the best tackle in football and he was pretty bad his first couple years.  He was my favorite LT in that class coming out

Jason Peter's signed with the Cowboys today and playing LG tonight

(09-26-2022, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:35 PM)enigma Wrote: He's been terrible through the first two games apparently.

What's funny is Andrew Thomas has been the best tackle in football and he was pretty bad his first couple years.  He was my favorite LT in that class coming out

Very true.

I think some players coming from the collegiate ranks need a couple years to really get their feet under them in the NFL. Look at how Jawaan Taylor has been playing for us, even if it is a contract year or game design making the O-line look better.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Neal beat again

(09-26-2022, 09:18 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's funny is Andrew Thomas has been the best tackle in football and he was pretty bad his first couple years.  He was my favorite LT in that class coming out

Very true.

I think some players coming from the collegiate ranks need a couple years to really get their feet under them in the NFL. Look at how Jawaan Taylor has been playing for us, even if it is a contract year or game design making the O-line look better.

Agreed

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 04:21 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The cowboys beat the giants monday tonight. That cowboys defense looked good, or maybe it's the giants so I might have to take it back. Jags have to play both of these teams coming up.

At this moment, we should be favored over both the Giants and the Pokes.

But wasn't there talk about the NFL/Football dying just a couple years ago?  Laughing Laughing
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...7300852736

(09-28-2022, 07:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/15752...gFxEg&s=19

Interesting, that would be odd.  I wonder how they picked there