Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 Jags vs Chargers: Postgame Appreciation Thread

I would like to thank the Philadelphia Eagles for firing Doug Pederson.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2022, 08:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Ordar Wrote: I echo all the above. Just wanted to add a shout out to Jawaan Taylor who is playing absolutely lights out at RT this year. Not sure if it’s due to contract year, coaching or the competition with Little, but he’s playing at an extremely high level.

Cam Robinson also been playing well at the other tackle spot

Yup, both OTs (OLine as a whole did) played well today. They got a break due to Bosa getting hurt early, but Mack was mostly invisible today. I forgot he was even out there at times.

(09-25-2022, 08:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel better about this team than I did the 17 team.  It's not just me right?

They do feel similar, but the main difference being the QB position obviously. Looking like we just might finally have one. Also doesn't hurt to have the coach who happened to win the SB that year either.

That's the 2 main reasons I feel better but there are a few others as well.  But it just feels different to me

(09-25-2022, 08:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel better about this team than I did the 17 team.  It's not just me right?

I think it's because this ENTIRE team is playing up to their potential at all 3 phases of the game, rather than just one side of the ball. We also have numerous TALENTED, young players in key positions on both offense and defense - with emphasis at the QB position with Lawrence leading this team.

Throw in a Superbowl winning coach with truly creative play designs and is very adaptable to the up's and down's of a game - and you get what we're seeing right now for the past two weeks.

Again, its only been two weeks but consistency is key and so far we are moving in the right direction.

I find the 0 sacks amazing.  I know Bosa getting injured helped, but this game was supposed to be a game where our offensive line was going to be dominated.  They weren't.

I also find 2 penalties for 10 yards surprising.  That's a big change from last year.  You can tell Pederson has this team well coached.

(09-25-2022, 09:59 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I find the 0 sacks amazing.  I know Bosa getting injured helped, but this game was supposed to be a game where our offensive line was going to be dominated.  They weren't.

I also find 2 penalties for 10 yards surprising.  That's a big change from last year.  You can tell Pederson has this team well coached.

To be fair, the refs definitely missed a face mask against Ekeler and I have no clue how they didn't call that helmet to helmet hit against Jenkins on another play.

They also let the Chargers get away with holding plenty of times as well.

Regardless, I'm very pleased at how this team has cleaned up the penalties after having 13 in week 1. Huge difference.

I said before the game that I thought Fortner would have his best game and he did imo. He kinda got destroyed the first 2 games but that didn't happen today. I was also Bartchs biggest cridic but he is pretty damn good in run blocking

It's going to be a different animal going against Fletcher Cox and Jonathan Hargrave. Going to need a plan.

It's still early, but it's hard not to catch the fever. For a season that started with minimal expectation, it's been a fun couple of weeks.

(09-26-2022, 12:29 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: It's going to be a different animal going against Fletcher Cox and Jonathan Hargrave.  Going to need a plan.

Javon Hargrave is even better.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 11:12 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-26-2022, 12:29 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: It's going to be a different animal going against Fletcher Cox and Jonathan Hargrave.  Going to need a plan.

Don't forget about Jordan Davis.  Dude is a monster