Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we beat Philly in convincing fashion, what will expectations be?

(09-27-2022, 11:55 AM)Ronster Wrote: NFL.com has the Eagles ranked the number one team right now.

As they should. They've looked like a monster. More-so than Buffalo.

HUGE game for Jax

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 09:11 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

I think that if the Jags beat Philly there will be a larger discussion about playoff expectations including from the national media. The national media is already starting to give the Jags more respect after this latest win against the Chargers. The other night SVP and Ryan Clark were talking about the Jags. Ryan Clark stated that the Jags have improved greatly underneath Doug Pederson. He said that the Jags went from being a really bad team to being a good team. He stated it's early but that they are a good team. 

Also, today Marcus Spears on SportsCenter said the same thing. He said at least three times that the Jags are a good team, and that people shouldn't be sleeping on them. He talked a bit about how much they have improved this season. I think we will hear more of this if the Jags beat the Eagles whether it's by a large margin or a close one. Colin Cowherd continues to say he thinks they could win the division.

(09-27-2022, 09:09 PM)mal234 Wrote: I think that if the Jags beat Philly there will be a larger discussion about playoff expectations including from the national media. The national media is already starting to give the Jags more respect after this latest win against the Chargers. The other night SVP and Ryan Clark were talking about the Jags. Ryan Clark stated that the Jags have improved greatly underneath Doug Pederson. He said that the Jags went from being a really bad team to being a good team. He stated it's early but that they are a good team. 

Also, today Marcus Spears on SportsCenter said the same thing. He said at least three times that the Jags are a good team, and that people shouldn't be sleeping on them. He talked a bit about how much they have improved this season. I think we will hear more of this if the Jags beat the Eagles whether it's by a large margin or a close one. Colin Cowherd continues to say he thinks they could win the division.

I dont give a [BLEEP] what the media thinks.  Win or lose we are in the running for the division title and are trying to win the division.  If we win though we need to be shooting for 1st seed in the AFC.  If we win and the Dolphins lose we will be tied for 1st.  This team is loaded with talent and the only question was when would this team gel together and gain the confidence they need.  Cant wait for Sunday

(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: Our defense just flat lined one of the best QBs in football, and diced up a really good defense. The Eagles seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment. If we take that game, do we start talking deep playoff run?
Maybe top 10 on nfl power rankings lol.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-27-2022, 10:37 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: Our defense just flat lined one of the best QBs in football, and diced up a really good defense. The Eagles seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment. If we take that game, do we start talking deep playoff run?
Maybe top 10 on nfl power rankings lol.

I believe NFL's power rankings has us at 18 right now, but I also saw one from CBS I think that had us at 9.

(09-26-2022, 07:45 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 07:06 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I think we're a playoff team. I think we will get even better as the season progresses.

In a general sense, yes, we will get better.  As far as end game results are concerned, it’s hard to realistically imagine the last two weeks will be the norm the rest of the season.  In a 17 game season, we’re bound to have a rough stretch or 2.

Yes, yes, yes.  The league has now noticed the Jags. They are getting more and more tape on us. Their are a bunch of very smart coaches in this league who will begin to dissect our tendencies, plot and plan....etc.  How we respond to this will be interesting and something to watch.  This will decide how far we go.  So one game at a time, jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the ride !!!
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I am very tempted to get up early to watch this live

(09-26-2022, 07:06 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I think we're a playoff team. I think we will get even better as the season progresses.

i dont think we are yet. we have more to prove... we need to beat another good team like the Chargers and they need to be healthy... not resting 5 players. 

That being said, they were impressive and i loved every second of it.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 11:57 AM by Eagles1966.)

(09-28-2022, 01:18 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:

i dont think we are yet. we have more to prove... we need to beat another good team like the Chargers and they need to be healthy... not resting 5 players. 

Exactly… Health… The Eagles are as healthy as can be, if you come in and smoke us, then I would consider you As the favourite buy a lot in the afc South

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 12:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-28-2022, 11:57 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:18 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: i dont think we are yet. we have more to prove... we need to beat another good team like the Chargers and they need to be healthy... not resting 5 players. 

Exactly… Health… The Eagles are as healthy as can be, if you come in and smoke us, then I would consider you As the favourite buy a lot in the afc South
We don't have to smoke yall.  Even if we win by 1 point, just win

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 12:35 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

We could win 3-2 and I'd be happy. This isn't really a must win game or anything like that. Just a nice momentum boost and bragging rights. We need to beat Houston at home.

(09-28-2022, 12:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 11:57 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote: Exactly… Health… The Eagles are as healthy as can be, if you come in and smoke us, then I would consider you As the favourite buy a lot in the afc South
We don't have to smoke yall.  Even if we win by 1 point, just win

Exactly! Just win baby…

Most people said they'd be happy if we could split the LA/Philly games so we're playing with house money at this point. Won't stop me wanting a win on Sunday.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Miami lost yesterday.  Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we beat the Eagles, the Jaguars would be sitting with the #1 seed in the AFC through week 4!

(09-30-2022, 01:08 PM)I TheDuke007 Wrote: Miami lost yesterday.  Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we beat the Eagles, the Jaguars would be sitting with the #1 seed in the AFC through week 4!

If we win and the Broncos win, we’d both be 3-1 and 2-0 in conference play.  Not sure who wins tie breaker between the two but it looks to me like in that scenario those would be 1 and 2 seeds.

(09-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 01:08 PM)I TheDuke007 Wrote: Miami lost yesterday.  Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we beat the Eagles, the Jaguars would be sitting with the #1 seed in the AFC through week 4!

If we win and the Broncos win, we’d both be 3-1 and 2-0 in conference play.  Not sure who wins tie breaker between the two but it looks to me like in that scenario those would be 1 and 2 seeds.

That's insane considering how awful Denver has looked

I don't believe the Jaguars will win on Sunday, however a win should easily place them in the Top 5 of every power poll. Winning back to back games against very good teams would justify that ranking. Add in the thrashing of the Colts and there should be no doubt they are deserving of that ranking. Assuming the Bills and Chiefs win tough games this weekend, my ranking would be:

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Packers

4. Jaguars

5. Dolphins

(09-30-2022, 01:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If we win and the Broncos win, we’d both be 3-1 and 2-0 in conference play.  Not sure who wins tie breaker between the two but it looks to me like in that scenario those would be 1 and 2 seeds.

That's insane considering how awful Denver has looked

Denver's D carrying them until Russell can learn the new offense and Hackett can just learn.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 01:08 PM)I TheDuke007 Wrote: Miami lost yesterday.  Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we beat the Eagles, the Jaguars would be sitting with the #1 seed in the AFC through week 4!

My understanding is that the next tie breaker is strength of victory which would easily go to the Jaguars.

(09-30-2022, 08:57 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If we win and the Broncos win, we’d both be 3-1 and 2-0 in conference play.  Not sure who wins tie breaker between the two but it looks to me like in that scenario those would be 1 and 2 seeds.

My understanding is that the next tie breaker is strength of victory which would easily go to the Jaguars.

End the season now.