Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
All of a sudden the AFC South doesn't look like a weak division

3 wins yesterday against the powerhouse AFC west.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2022, 10:35 AM)Predator Wrote: 3 2 wins yesterday against the powerhouse AFC west.

FTFY, the Raidahs ain't dookie, and the tacks all but gave away that game.

Yes, the consensus BEST division in the NFL just went 0-3 against the consensus (and performance-wise until yesterday) WORST division in the NFL. This league is so strange sometimes.

(09-26-2022, 12:53 PM)scottyg Wrote: Yes, the consensus BEST division in the NFL just went 0-3 against the consensus (and performance-wise until yesterday) WORST division in the NFL.  This league is so strange sometimes.

I think the only reason these outcomes were shocking was because of how week 1 and 2 went, prior to the season I would have expected the titans to stomp the raiders and the colts to be competitive with KC.

Combination. AFC South better than expected, and AFC West WAY worse than expected.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-26-2022, 03:33 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Combination.  AFC South better than expected, and AFC West WAY worse than expected.

Raiders under McDaniels struggling doesn't really surprise me. Even when they added Adams I wasn't looking at them as some kind of juggernaut of a team. The Chiefs losing to the clots was a surprise. The situation with the Chargers can be attributed to a number of things but mostly it's been injuries for them and our team in particular playing much better than expected. 

Denver sucks. Didn't like the Hackett hire. Didn't like the move for Wilson. Everybody wants to capture lightning in a bottle now because of the Stafford success in L.A and the Brady move in T.B. Not trying to take anything away from Wilson. However, he's just not on point yet in that offense.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 10:16 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

(09-27-2022, 08:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 03:33 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Combination.  AFC South better than expected, and AFC West WAY worse than expected.

Raiders under McDaniels struggling doesn't really surprise me. Even when they added Adams I wasn't looking at them as some kind of juggernaut of a team. The Chiefs losing to the clots was a surprise. The situation with the Chargers can be attributed to a number of things but mostly it's been injuries for them and our team in particular playing much better than expected. 

Denver sucks. Didn't like the Hackett hire. Didn't like the move for Wilson. Everybody wants to capture lightning in a bottle now because of the Stafford success in L.A and the Brady move in T.B. Not trying to take anything away from Wilson. However, he's just not on point yet in that offense.

I really whiffed on the Denver hire, I thought it was a great move at the time. Hackett, so far, is historically bad, tho they are 2-1. Denver's offense hasn't been this bad since John Fox was saddled with Tebow, except that Hackett actually has a QB with talent, he's just squandering it. I'm sort of with you on LV, tho they've lost close. Carr and Adams don't look in sync at all so far. Maybe they get that right as the season goes.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-27-2022, 10:12 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 08:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Raiders under McDaniels struggling doesn't really surprise me. Even when they added Adams I wasn't looking at them as some kind of juggernaut of a team. The Chiefs losing to the clots was a surprise. The situation with the Chargers can be attributed to a number of things but mostly it's been injuries for them and our team in particular playing much better than expected. 

I really whiffed on the Denver hire, I thought it was a great move at the time.  Hackett, so far, is historically bad, tho they are 2-1.  Denver's offense hasn't been this bad since John Fox was saddled with Tebow, except that Hackett actually has a QB with talent, he's just squandering it.  I'm sort of with you on LV, tho they've lost close.  Carr and Adams don't look in sync at all so far.  Maybe they get that right as the season goes.

Hackett looks completely lost on the sidelines. Nearly every time they show him he looks overwhelmed.

(09-27-2022, 10:12 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 08:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Raiders under McDaniels struggling doesn't really surprise me. Even when they added Adams I wasn't looking at them as some kind of juggernaut of a team. The Chiefs losing to the clots was a surprise. The situation with the Chargers can be attributed to a number of things but mostly it's been injuries for them and our team in particular playing much better than expected. 

I really whiffed on the Denver hire, I thought it was a great move at the time.  Hackett, so far, is historically bad, tho they are 2-1.  Denver's offense hasn't been this bad since John Fox was saddled with Tebow, except that Hackett actually has a QB with talent, he's just squandering it.  I'm sort of with you on LV, tho they've lost close.  Carr and Adams don't look in sync at all so far.  Maybe they get that right as the season goes.

https://youtu.be/UpsbtEz-12k

(09-27-2022, 10:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 10:12 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I really whiffed on the Denver hire, I thought it was a great move at the time.  Hackett, so far, is historically bad, tho they are 2-1.  Denver's offense hasn't been this bad since John Fox was saddled with Tebow, except that Hackett actually has a QB with talent, he's just squandering it.  I'm sort of with you on LV, tho they've lost close.  Carr and Adams don't look in sync at all so far.  Maybe they get that right as the season goes.

Hackett looks completely lost on the sidelines. Nearly every time they show him he looks overwhelmed.

I agree. I’m glad our coach talks in the thing.