Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordy Nelson will likely be on a "snap count" Sunday

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky doubts Jordy Nelson (knee) will be able to play a full slate of snaps Week 1 against the Jags.
Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday Nelson would "be full-bore in Jacksonville," but Demovsky has his doubts. Nelson did not play a snap in the preseason and will have practiced in full for only about two weeks before Sunday's game. Despite the coach's comments, it is unlikely Nelson goes the distance. Even so, his big-play potential makes him a must-start option. Sep 6 - 9:49 AM

Jordy Nelson confirmed he's talked with the Packers' coaches about being on a potential snap count for Week 1 against the Jaguars.
"We're not going to put a number on it," Nelson said. "We've discussed it. I think the situation of being in Jacksonville, we'll play it by snap-by-snap to be honest with you. But seeing how the possessions are taken, seeing what the weather is like, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of guys are rotating to stay fresh." Even if Nelson is only in on 60-70 percent of the snaps, he's still a must-start this week in a game with shootout potential and a 48.5-point total. Sep 7 - 9:43 AM

This isn't surprising give the fact that Nelson hasn't played in a game in almost 20 months, I don't think he'll hit his stride until week 6 or so. This is huge for the Jags as Nelson's impact on that Green Bay offense is significant. The strength of the Jags defense (on paper) is the interior pass rush and the secondary, ironically the weakness of the Packers offense is the interior offensive line and WR core (without Nelson), this has a chance to be a very interesting game on Sunday given this news, IMO, there's no reason why the upstart Jags can't pull the upset at home in a game that's setup perfectly for them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am actually most concerned with what Jared Cook and Eddie Lacy will do to us in the passing game. This team does not have a good history under Bradley of stopping tight ends. And I think the Bengals exposed a major weakness in the defense with those screen passes up the middle. The middle of the field was wide open.

;

;

I don't expect him to be very effective honestly.

He hasn't had much action. I think Ramsey/House will cover him well. I'm more worried about Cobb out of the slot and Starks in the passing game.

I'll hold my breath every time Aaron throws a screen pass.

Quote:I am actually most concerned with what Jared Cook and Eddie Lacy will do to us in the passing game. This team does not have a good history under Bradley of stopping tight ends. And I think the Bengals exposed a major weakness in the defense with those screen passes up the middle. The middle of the field was wide open.

I agree with on Cook, I think he's going to have a good season playing with A-Rod. I'm not concerned about Lacy, Roy Miller's impact in the middle of our D-line is significant, I think the Jags will be a top 10 unit against the run again this year, Myles Jack and (a disciplined) Telvin Smith should help the pass coverage over the middle of the field

Quote:I don't expect him to be very effective honestly.

He hasn't had much action. I think Ramsey/House will cover him well. I'm more worried about Cobb out of the slot and Starks in the passing game.

I'll hold my breath every time Aaron throws a screen pass.

Ramsey will likely be matched up with Cobb when he's in the slot, I like our chances in the matchup.

It almost sounds like he's saying, "it's just Jacksonville, I probably won't have to play during 4th quarter mop up duty."
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Ramsey will likely be matched up with Cobb when he's in the slot, I like our chances in the matchup.
True. Still worried about the middle of the field though. TE's and RBs on screens and our LBers out of position 

Cook is the one thats going to kill us

Quote:True. Still worried about the middle of the field though. TE's and RBs on screens and our LBers out of position 

Fair enough, I'll go crazy if they have Poz on the field in obvious pass situations, the guy simply can't cover. Telvin's issues are more mental, he has all the tools to be an above average to good defender in coverage at that position, it wouldn't surprise me if they went to more of a dime set on obvious passing situations, with Myles Jack being the only linebacker on the field, given Poz & Telvins struggles in coverage. But then again, Gus Bradley is our head coahc.

Quote:Cook is the one thats going to kill us

If Nelson is ineffective it'd be wise for the Jags to man up and press the receivers (they had trouble getting separation last year), if the Jags decide to man-up it wouldn't surprise me if they put Ramsey on a guy like Cook, erase him from the game and make guys like Cobb, Adams, and Janis beat you.

Quote:It almost sounds like he's saying, "it's just Jacksonville, I probably won't have to play during 4th quarter mop up duty."

It does not sound like that at all. Jordy Nelson mentioned the weather, which sounds like he is not taking a trip to Jacksonville lightly. He knows a player who might be covering him (Davon House) and must be excited about that.

Quote:It does not sound like that at all. Jordy Nelson mentioned the weather, which sounds like he is not taking a trip to Jacksonville lightly. He knows a player who might be covering him (Davon House) and must be excited about that.

He discussed the weather? Yet you said this?

"You are crazy if you think just because Green Bay does not get up to 90 degrees in September we are going to win. Jordy Nelson is not rusty. If Aaron Rodgers and Nelson are on the field, the Packers can win anywhere."
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;">Jordy Nelson confirmed he's talked with the Packers' coaches about being on a potential snap count for Week 1 against the Jaguars.
"We're not going to put a number on it," Nelson said. "We've discussed it. I think the situation of being in Jacksonville, we'll play it by snap-by-snap to be honest with you. But seeing how the possessions are taken, seeing what the weather is like, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of guys are rotating to stay fresh." Even if Nelson is only in on 60-70 percent of the snaps, he's still a must-start this week in a game with shootout potential and a 48.5-point total. Sep 7 - 9:43 AM
</div>

Obviously he did discuss the weather.

What I posted in the past is irrelevant.

Im still playing him in fantasy for that big play TD, but I hope he doesnt play too much. Im really scared about Cook tho. Hope we can finally stop some TEs

I am surprised people are more worried about Jared Cook than anyone else right now. Jordy Nelson is a big threat even at less than 100% and Cook can't do much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. There also will be stiff challenges in the slot with Randall Cobb. We need the entire defense to make plays all four quarters.

Cook is gonna go nuts. People will think he has finally figured it out, only for him to fade back into obscurity the rest of the season like he always does.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Cook is gonna go nuts. People will think he has finally figured it out, only for him to fade back into obscurity the rest of the season like he always does.

Finally figured out what?

Jags have elected to go with the white on white jerseys on Sunday.

This means GB has to wear the dark green jerseys.

This will be only the 3rd time the packers have worn their Green jerseys in 90+ degree weather. 

Quote:I am surprised people are more worried about Jared Cook than anyone else right now. Jordy Nelson is a big threat even at less than 100% and Cook can't do much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. There also will be stiff challenges in the slot with Randall Cobb. We need the entire defense to make plays all four quarters.
You can say that for Nelson as well. Specially is Nelson isnt on the field, since thats illegal and all. But Jags have had a HORRIBLE track record vs all TE's it seems, so now add a TE with potential with a stud QB like Rodgers against this Jags D? Scary.

Quote:You can say that for Nelson as well. Specially is Nelson isnt on the field, since thats illegal and all. But Jags have had a HORRIBLE track record vs all TE's it seems, so now add a TE with potential with a stud QB like Rodgers against this Jags D? Scary.
Hopefully Jack can help with loooong standing issue.