Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles retires

The Boat retires

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/10...d-jaguars/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Noooooooooooooo…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Boat has set sail for the last time.

[Image: 2-B267752-03-B2-4351-87847-DFC880-EDFAD-source.jpg]

....can retirement filings get intercepted?

He's probably been submitting paperwork since the start of the season, they finally landed at the league office's desk 4 weeks later.

(10-05-2022, 08:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Boat retires

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/10...d-jaguars/

Let’s be real.  He retired as soon as he signed his extension here.

$50 million career earnings and a big hug from Gus at his Pro Day.

(10-05-2022, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....can retirement filings get intercepted?

He's probably been submitting paperwork since the start of the season, they finally landed at the league office's desk 4 weeks later.

Maybe he kept missing the wide open Inbox.

Ok so whats next?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

At least we had 2017. Sail on BOAT... sail on.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

What do you do at age 30 with a chunk of money in the bank and a set of skills which are no longer marketable? Tulsa Welding School?

(10-05-2022, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What do you do at age 30 with a chunk of money in the bank and a set of skills which are no longer marketable? Tulsa Welding School?

You do what any other recently retired pro athlete does.. You open up an already failing business and go broke in 5 years..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-05-2022, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What do you do at age 30 with a chunk of money in the bank and a set of skills which are no longer marketable? Tulsa Welding School?

Go to Dubai and helicopter spin his pecker around? Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 12:26 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

It's a pretty dangerous situation to be in, actually.  30 years old, no job, and 10-20 million in the bank.  If I had been in that situation at age 30, I'd probably be dead within a few years.  

I'd have had a good time while it lasted, though.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:46 PM by Mikey.)

(10-05-2022, 10:48 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Ok so whats next?

2023 Jags hire him as assistant passing game coordinator?

do color commentary for F-list NFL matchups?
When that falls through, apply to do the same for ESPNU broadcasts

(10-05-2022, 12:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

well that was an image I didn't realize I had to shield my mind from.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:48 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

I appreciate every game we got to watch with Bortles, even the ones where he was lost. Because physically he was trying. He could read a defense faster than I could, but not fast enough for the NFL. And he had very little sense of timing. But physically he would put his butt on the line and try to run and extend plays and lower his shoulder. Total opposite of Leftwich and Gabbert.

Hoping we finally have a guy who can put the brain part and the muscle part together.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-05-2022, 12:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Besides the obvious.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 02:49 PM by Big Dougy P. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gotta say, he may have been terrible. But you always could tell the man was giving it all he had. Also seemed like one of the most regular people in the NFL. Forever a fan of the Boat BB5

I guess I can't even say he's terrible since he holds damn near every passing record for our franchise lmao.

(10-05-2022, 02:47 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: Gotta say, he may have been terrible. But you always could tell the man was giving it all he had. Also seemed like one of the most regular people in the NFL. Forever a fan of the Boat BB5

I guess I can't even say he's terrible since he holds damn near every passing record for our franchise lmao.

...when did Mark Brunell change his name to Blake Bortles?

(10-05-2022, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: $50 million career earnings and a big hug from Gus at his Pro Day.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHsDZyBsQFe294YdPxrHJ...k&usqp=CAU]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 06:30 PM by mikesez.)

(10-05-2022, 02:47 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: Gotta say, he may have been terrible. But you always could tell the man was giving it all he had. Also seemed like one of the most regular people in the NFL. Forever a fan of the Boat BB5

I guess I can't even say he's terrible since he holds damn near every single season passing record for our franchise lmao.

FTFY
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.