Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5

Well dang. That Indy player didn't look good at all.

Colts at Denver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Both teams are utterly atrocious.

Very surprised with how bad Wilson has regressed so far through 5 weeks. The ROI on that contract is not looking too promising as of yet for Denver.

Surprised Irsay hasn't fired Reich yet. They blamed it all on Wentz last year during the final two weeks only to replace him with an over the hill, former shell of himself, put him on ice, Matt Ryan.

Horrible decision.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

These two teams absolutely stink and we play both of them within the next 4 weeks.

3rd and 38. Damn.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: These two teams absolutely stink and we play both of them within the next 4 weeks.

The games against them will show if the Jaguars are the same old Jags or if a new era is truly starting.

(10-06-2022, 09:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: These two teams absolutely stink and we play both of them within the next 4 weeks.

The games against them will show if the Jaguars are the same old Jags or if a new era is truly starting.

These next 4 weeks will really show some things about this team. We play the tinhorns, clots, Giants and then the Broncos in England. Honestly we have no business losing to any of them. They all stink.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 09:48 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we don't beat both of these offensively dysfunctional teams like red headed step kids, then its safe to say that in spite of being 2-2, we still suck.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 09:52 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pretty crummy halftime roundtable, except for Fitzpatrick and Sherman.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-06-2022, 09:47 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If we don't beat both of these offensively dysfunctional teams like red headed step kids, then its safe to say that in spite of being 2-2, we still suck.

I agree, BUT it is a week to week league.  Bad teams do get up for games and good teams do have off days.  Also, I think the Broncos will get better offensively, hopefully not before we play them.

The Jaguars had a long-time knack of playing down to their opponent's level. We struggled, or lost, in games that we should have run away with. It's been a while since we've been able to do that, but it seemed to be a trend with JDR and Marrone. I just hope we don't return to that bad tendency.

I predicted at the beginning of the season that Russell Wilson was the best signing of the year. 4 weeks in, it's not looking so good. I stand by it, though.

what an absolute mess these refs are

Lol, donks fans bailing at the end of regulation with OT on the way.

"SCREW THIS YA'LL, I GOTTA WORK TOMORROW!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That McLaughlin kid is pretty good. Made from. 62 and then 66 in OT. Shame we didn't keep him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That was a terrible game.

(10-06-2022, 11:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That McLaughlin kid is pretty good. Made from. 62 and then 66 in OT. Shame we didn't keep him.

He did not make a 62 or 66 yard FG. The next gen stats claim it would have been good from those numbers but those weren't the kicks he made.

He made (in order) a 52, 51, 31 and 48 yarder.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 12:51 AM by mal234. Edited 7 times in total.)

I think that was a pretty rough football game. It's bad when the fans are leaving before OT begins. And once again Nathaniel Hackett makes poor coaching decisions by throwing the ball instead of running it on 4 and 1.

I have a co-worker who is a big Jags fan. On Sunday he was bragging about the Jags to a couple of other coworkers who are steelers/Giants fans. He was trying to make a bet with the Steelers fan regarding which team would be more likely to make the playoffs, the Jags or Steelers. They were talking about betting a case of Courvoisier lol. I didn't try to get in on the betting, but I did back up the fellow Jags fan by talking about how well the Jags were performing so far this year. This was right when the Jags/Eagles game had first started. Flash forward to today where the Jags co-worker was a little down regarding the Jags. We were talking this morning and I tell him that Philly was a good team and that the Jags have a good chance to bounce back in this next stretch of games.

We talked this morning about how the Jags, and I mentioned how they could beat teams like the Texans and Broncos. I told him that the Broncos were a bad team and he agreed. Their 2-2 record going into tonight wasn't really fooling anybody. They are currently bad, and tonight's play and loss further solidified that. I think that Nathaniel Hackett may be the worst coach in the league. I believe he is.

Hopefully the Jags will beat the Broncos soundly along with the Texans and possibly the Colts again and the Giants as well. (Though I think that the Giants have a good coach). They could and quite frankly should be favored in at least some of these upcoming matchups. (They could be favored in all of the next four). Especially against a team like the Broncos.

(10-07-2022, 12:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 11:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That McLaughlin kid is pretty good. Made from. 62 and then 66 in OT. Shame we didn't keep him.

He did not make a 62 or 66 yard FG. The next gen stats claim it would have been good from those numbers but those weren't the kicks he made.

He made (in order) a 52, 51, 31 and 48 yarder.

Really? That's what I get for watching with the sound off then.