Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5

(10-06-2022, 11:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I predicted at the beginning of the season that Russell Wilson was the best signing of the year. 4 weeks in, it's not looking so good. I stand by it, though.

I had a hard time believing Wilson would be able to keep up with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr in this division. 

McDaniels is having a rough outing with his second stint as a headcoach as well. It's just puzzling though. He's got a veteran QB with a decent track record, he has DaVante Adams at WR, Darren Waller at TE and Josh Jacobs at RB. 

They should be a lot better than 1 - 3 and I really believe they're better than the Broncos. Hackett is clearly in over his head out there in Denver though. If they don't hit at least .500 this year I could see him being fired already by the end of December. 

Also, if I am the Waltons? When they fire Hackett I am calling Brian Flores up first for an interview. That guy is a good football coach. Miami clearly has it's issues internally. It's continued to show just this year alone with the handling of Tua and his back-to-back concussions. I think Flores got a really, really raw deal.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 08:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-07-2022, 08:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 11:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I predicted at the beginning of the season that Russell Wilson was the best signing of the year. 4 weeks in, it's not looking so good. I stand by it, though.

I had a hard time believing Wilson would be able to keep up with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr in this division. 

McDaniels is having a rough outing with his second stint as a headcoach as well. It's just puzzling though. He's got a veteran QB with a decent track record, he has DaVante Adams at WR, Darren Waller at TE and Josh Jacobs at RB. 

They should be a lot better than 1 - 3 and I really believe they're better than the Broncos. Hackett is clearly in over his head out there in Denver though. If they don't hit at least .500 this year I could see him being fired already by the end of December. 

Also, if I am the Waltons? When they fire Hackett I am calling Brian Flores up first for an interview. That guy is a good football coach. Miami clearly has it's issues internally. It's continued to show just this year alone with the handling of Tua and his back-to-back concussions. I think Flores got a really, really raw deal.
Raiders I think are a much better team than their record.  The games they lost they barely lost.  I hope they upset the Chiefs Mon

(10-07-2022, 08:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Raiders I think are a much better team than their record.  The games they lost they barely lost.  I hope they upset the Chiefs Mon

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 08:36 AM by Mikey.)

(10-06-2022, 09:13 PM)enigma Wrote: Both teams are utterly atrocious.

Very surprised with how bad Wilson has regressed so far through 5 weeks. The ROI on that contract is not looking too promising as of yet for Denver.

This game was an insult to football.

I was early on the "Russ is fading/not worth the megadeal", but there's a lot more wrong with the team than just an albatross of a contract for an aging QB.

I just wonder if they blow it up before seasons' end.

(10-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: These two teams absolutely stink and we play both of them within the next 4 weeks.

That was the most uplifting thing about watching that miserable game!

Denver's D is legit, but man, if Doug can't coach circles around Hackett, I dunno what mind-altering medications he'd be on at gametime.

Cripes, with Indy, Rush 4, sit back in zone, and don't worry one iota about Ryan leaving the pocket. There were a few plays late that Den seemed to leave some HUGE gaps for him to run even for 3 yards or so, and he instead opted for a shaky pass took a sack waiting for something to open up.

I think the Raiders are a team that gets hot later in the season. They need Renfrow back, if he plays Mon I think they upset the Chiefs

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 08:43 AM by Mikey.)

(10-06-2022, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: what an absolute mess these refs are

holy moly truth!

at the end of the game they were screwing up the yards, down and distance, and even the clock.

Betcha Amazon is loving the turdfest games they're getting...next week don't look any better (Redacteds at Burrs) - wonder if they get the same zebra crew?

(10-06-2022, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, donks fans bailing at the end of regulation with OT on the way.

"SCREW THIS YA'LL, I GOTTA WORK TOMORROW!"

"I've seen enough."

(I bet they were the happiest ones leaving the stadium last night)

(10-07-2022, 08:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Raiders are a team that gets hot later in the season.  They need Renfrow back, if he plays Mon I think they upset the Chiefs
Mahomes absolutely DOMINATES the Raiders and he hasn't lost a step since Hill left.

https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1...kyUEyrlinA

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 09:01 AM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-06-2022, 11:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That McLaughlin kid is pretty good. Made from. 62 and then 66 in OT. Shame we didn't keep him.

And the announcers didn't even seem to make any deal about a 66-yarder. That's amazing! It's what, a yard shy of the record?
I guess they were numb from the rest of the aberration they were subjected to.

EDIT: n/m, Amazon broadcast is dumb and should feel bad.

(10-07-2022, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 08:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Raiders are a team that gets hot later in the season.  They need Renfrow back, if he plays Mon I think they upset the Chiefs
Mahomes absolutely DOMINATES the Raiders and he hasn't lost a step since Hill left.

https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1...kyUEyrlinA
I think you missed the word *upset lol

(10-07-2022, 12:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 11:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That McLaughlin kid is pretty good. Made from. 62 and then 66 in OT. Shame we didn't keep him.

He did not make a 62 or 66 yard FG. The next gen stats claim it would have been good from those numbers but those weren't the kicks he made.

He made (in order) a 52, 51, 31 and 48 yarder.

seriously?

ok, screw off, Amazon. This is the kind of crap that will alienate prospective viewers.

(10-07-2022, 12:43 AM)mal234 Wrote: I think that was a pretty rough football game. It's bad when the fans are leaving before OT begins. And once again Nathaniel Hackett makes poor coaching decisions by throwing the ball instead of running it on 4 and 1.

I have a co-worker who is a big Jags fan. On Sunday he was bragging about the Jags to a couple of other coworkers who are steelers/Giants fans. He was trying to make a bet with the Steelers fan regarding which team would be more likely to make the playoffs, the Jags or Steelers. They were talking about betting a case of Courvoisier lol. I didn't try to get in on the betting, but I did back up the fellow Jags fan by talking about how well the Jags were performing so far this year. This was right when the Jags/Eagles game had first started. Flash forward to today where the Jags co-worker was a little down regarding the Jags. We were talking this morning and I tell him that Philly was a good team and that the Jags have a good chance to bounce back in this next stretch of games.

We talked this morning about how the Jags, and I mentioned how they could beat teams like the Texans and Broncos. I told him that the Broncos were a bad team and he agreed. Their 2-2 record going into tonight wasn't really fooling anybody. They are currently bad, and tonight's play and loss further solidified that. I think that Nathaniel Hackett may be the worst coach in the league. I believe he is.

Hopefully the Jags will beat the Broncos soundly along with the Texans and possibly the Colts again and the Giants as well. (Though I think that the Giants have a good coach). They could and quite frankly should be favored in at least some of these upcoming matchups. (They could be favored in all of the next four). Especially against a team like the Broncos.

Hackett channeled his inner Darrell Bevell! You could see a number of players were ticked off after the game, I gotta wonder if his ineptitude starts losing the locker room.

They were cruising downfield with the run that entire series, and abandoned what was working on the biggest play of the game. I get that Russ makes the big bucks, but he was not playing well. It's only a matter of time before the implosion begins, and I wonder how patient the FO will be, knowing that not only are they flushing money on Russ' deal, but they are also the butt of every joke around the league.

I don't even think it's a matter of adjusting to new responsiblity, Hackett is way in over his head. You could probably even argue about his ability as OC, one good season with Bort, and then a few years under A. A. Ron (yes, that's the hierarchy). But hey, as long it makes Elway squirm, I am here for the show!

Sorry about the weird start to this thread, guys. I was interrupted and when I came back to finish I somehow hit the "post" button. Got interrupted again so never got back to it. 

That was a crapfest of a game though. I turned it off and went to bed in the 3rd quarter when Denver was still up by 3. I still can't believe Indy pulled something out of their [BLEEP] and beat Denver. 

I hope Hines is okay. Dude did not look good after that play. Seriously. Someone on Instagram was wondering why all of a sudden, after Tua's debacle, concussions are being highlighted when they've been happening for decades. There were a lot of opinions. 

I don't know much about concussions but I know they're a form of TBI similar to what our troops sustain in combat, or folks in car accidents. They're not to be treated lightly, as evident by the Tua situation, and more time needs to be taken for recovery. It's the same as recovery for anything else. Just because you can't see the injury like a brace or cast on a leg, it doesn't mean it's not there. 

Anyway, I agree with another poster who said if we can't beat these dysfunctional teams like red-headed stepchildren then we're not as good as we think we are, or look like we are.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 10:32 AM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-07-2022, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 12:43 AM)mal234 Wrote: I think that was a pretty rough football game. It's bad when the fans are leaving before OT begins. And once again Nathaniel Hackett makes poor coaching decisions by throwing the ball instead of running it on 4 and 1.

I have a co-worker who is a big Jags fan. On Sunday he was bragging about the Jags to a couple of other coworkers who are steelers/Giants fans. He was trying to make a bet with the Steelers fan regarding which team would be more likely to make the playoffs, the Jags or Steelers. They were talking about betting a case of Courvoisier lol. I didn't try to get in on the betting, but I did back up the fellow Jags fan by talking about how well the Jags were performing so far this year. This was right when the Jags/Eagles game had first started. Flash forward to today where the Jags co-worker was a little down regarding the Jags. We were talking this morning and I tell him that Philly was a good team and that the Jags have a good chance to bounce back in this next stretch of games.

We talked this morning about how the Jags, and I mentioned how they could beat teams like the Texans and Broncos. I told him that the Broncos were a bad team and he agreed. Their 2-2 record going into tonight wasn't really fooling anybody. They are currently bad, and tonight's play and loss further solidified that. I think that Nathaniel Hackett may be the worst coach in the league. I believe he is.

Hopefully the Jags will beat the Broncos soundly along with the Texans and possibly the Colts again and the Giants as well. (Though I think that the Giants have a good coach). They could and quite frankly should be favored in at least some of these upcoming matchups. (They could be favored in all of the next four). Especially against a team like the Broncos.

Hackett channeled his inner Darrell Bevell! You could see a number of players were ticked off after the game, I gotta wonder if his ineptitude starts losing the locker room.

They were cruising downfield with the run that entire series, and abandoned what was working on the biggest play of the game. I get that Russ makes the big bucks, but he was not playing well. It's only a matter of time before the implosion begins, and I wonder how patient the FO will be, knowing that not only are they flushing money on Russ' deal, but they are also the butt of every joke around the league.

I don't even think it's a matter of adjusting to new responsiblity, Hackett is way in over his head. You could probably even argue about his ability as OC, one good season with Bort, and then a few years under A. A. Ron (yes, that's the hierarchy). But hey, as long it makes Elway squirm, I am here for the show!

I agree. I could see Hackett getting fired after one year, if things don't improve. Maybe they might be a little patience and give him an extra year. But I don't see him lasting very long if he doesn't start to turn things around. Hopefully the Jags beat the Broncos in a very dominant manner.

(10-07-2022, 08:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 12:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote: He did not make a 62 or 66 yard FG. The next gen stats claim it would have been good from those numbers but those weren't the kicks he made.

seriously?

ok, screw off, Amazon. This is the kind of crap that will alienate prospective viewers.

They've been doing the "good from" next gen stats stuff for field goals for a little while now, maybe the past couple seasons.  I know it's been on SNF, but I honestly don't remember if/how often they show it on afternoon games or MNF.

(10-07-2022, 09:59 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sorry about the weird start to this thread, guys. I was interrupted and when I came back to finish I somehow hit the "post" button. Got interrupted again so never got back to it. 

That was a crapfest of a game though. I turned it off and went to bed in the 3rd quarter when Denver was still up by 3. I still can't believe Indy pulled something out of their [BLEEP] and beat Denver. 

I hope Hines is okay. Dude did not look good after that play. Seriously. Someone on Instagram was wondering why all of a sudden, after Tua's debacle, concussions are being highlighted when they've been happening for decades. There were a lot of opinions. 

I don't know much about concussions but I know they're a form of TBI similar to what our troops sustain in combat, or folks in car accidents. They're not to be treated lightly, as evident by the Tua situation, and more time needs to be taken for recovery. It's the same as recovery for anything else. Just because you can't see the injury like a brace or cast on a leg, it doesn't mean it's not there. 

Anyway, I agree with another poster who said if we can't beat these dysfunctional teams like red-headed stepchildren then we're not as good as we think we are, or look like we are.

Spoiler: this was more a case of Denver snatching defeat from the jaws of victory than Indy doing anything special.

I honestly expected Denver to play the "try to get them to jump" card late, call TO, and then line up to tie in OT. I was genuinely hopeful that we'd have the first 2-tie team in like 30-40 odd years.

I hated every minute of the game that I watched (tuned in about when you left), but at the same time the ending was the absolute best payoff imaginable.

Jags keep playing the way they have, and these "bigger market" teams continue to lay eggs, might just be lookin at some flex games, I'm thinkin..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(10-07-2022, 09:59 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sorry about the weird start to this thread, guys. I was interrupted and when I came back to finish I somehow hit the "post" button. Got interrupted again so never got back to it. 

I agree with that guy too...  Smile
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 03:21 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(10-07-2022, 08:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 12:10 AM)Eric1 Wrote: He did not make a 62 or 66 yard FG. The next gen stats claim it would have been good from those numbers but those weren't the kicks he made.

seriously?

LOL. I hope they get 10 more games just like that snoozefest last nite.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-07-2022, 03:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 08:50 AM)Mikey Wrote: seriously?

LOL. I hope they get 10 more games just like that snoozefest last nite.

Well you then are in luck, at least for the next 7 days at minimum. Big Grin

(10-07-2022, 06:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Really? That's what I get for watching with the sound off then.

Yup, I had to do a double check even after I saw it. Thought no way that was a 66 yarder. Justin Tucker holds the record for the longest FG at 66 yards and he kicked it from like his own 45 yard line or around there. He was on the other side of the mid field logo when he made that 66 yarder.

(10-07-2022, 10:31 AM)mal234 Wrote: I agree. I could see Hackett getting fired after one year, if things don't improve. Maybe they might be a little patience and give him an extra year. But I don't see him lasting very long if he doesn't start to turn things around. Hopefully the Jags beat the Broncos in a very dominant manner.

It will depend on what they decide to do with the roster. They can't stick with him and blow the roster up. I'm shocked they thought they could bring in a first time head coach and go out and sign players to win now.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk