Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 5

(10-07-2022, 08:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 11:09 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I predicted at the beginning of the season that Russell Wilson was the best signing of the year. 4 weeks in, it's not looking so good. I stand by it, though.

I had a hard time believing Wilson would be able to keep up with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr in this division. 

McDaniels is having a rough outing with his second stint as a headcoach as well. It's just puzzling though. He's got a veteran QB with a decent track record, he has DaVante Adams at WR, Darren Waller at TE and Josh Jacobs at RB. 

They should be a lot better than 1 - 3 and I really believe they're better than the Broncos. Hackett is clearly in over his head out there in Denver though. If they don't hit at least .500 this year I could see him being fired already by the end of December. 

Also, if I am the Waltons? When they fire Hackett I am calling Brian Flores up first for an interview. That guy is a good football coach. Miami clearly has it's issues internally. It's continued to show just this year alone with the handling of Tua and his back-to-back concussions. I think Flores got a really, really raw deal.

I'm gonna be honest, and you're a guy I usually agree with most of the time.

I completely disagree with Hackett being in "over his head". It's early. I just don't think the offense has gelled. I think he's an excellent play caller, and Russel is an excellent QB. I'm willing to give it a little time.

I also disagree with your criticism of Miami. I do agree that Brian Flores is a good coach, but through the first stretch of the season, McDaniels has looked brilliant. He got extremely unlucky with the Tua situation. In fact, he did what I'm willing to bet 75%+ of the head coaches in the league would have done (and always have done) by taking a risk to start their franchise QB. And if we're being honest, most of the time, stuff like that never happens, and the QB is rewarded for being "tough". If you're alluding to the tanking allegations, sure you'd be right. I do agree that Flores got a raw deal, but that's business. Particularly at the highest level of football competition. If you've got a solid guy, but you've got a shot at an unproven guy with limitless potential, there's a decision to be made. Miami made theirs, and honestly, thus far I'd say they made the right one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-07-2022, 03:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Jags keep playing the way they have, and these "bigger market" teams continue to lay eggs, might just be lookin at some flex games, I'm thinkin..

That would be nice!

Mercedes looooves London.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 10:31 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Mercedes Leeis TD

Lewis should still be on this team

I am very impressed with Brian Daboll. He is showing so far that he is a pretty good coach. That was a very good win for the Giants, a bit of a statement win. He's got that team playing hard and believing in themselves. Even Daniel Jones, who has had a lot of ups and downs. But he also plays hard for this coach, and I think it's because Daboll holds him accountable while continuing to encourage him to play better. Really good stuff from Daboll and the Giants right now.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 12:46 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-06-2022, 09:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 09:40 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The games against them will show if the Jaguars are the same old Jags or if a new era is truly starting.

These next 4 weeks will really show some things about this team. We play the tinhorns, clots, Giants and then the Broncos in England. Honestly we have no business losing to any of them. They all stink.

The Giants are currently 4-1 with their only loss being a one score game to the Cowboys.

(10-09-2022, 12:44 PM)mal234 Wrote: I am very impressed with Brian Daboll. He is showing so far that he is a pretty good coach. That was a very good win for the Giants, a bit of a statement win. He's got that team playing hard and believing in themselves. Even Daniel Jones, who has had a lot of ups and downs. But he also plays hard for this coach, and I think it's because Daboll holds him accountable while continuing to encourage him to play better. Really good stuff from Daboll and the Giants right now.

Daboll and Pederson were my top 2 coaches that I wanted.  I'm glad we got one of them

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 11:21 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PointsBetUSA/...6282260480

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 06:03 PM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll try posting that again. One of the worst calls you'll ever see

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=34762888

Matthew Wright missed the kick

Good game in KC

What an absolute horrendous call by the refs. Now they'll compound the situation by making a cheap makeup call.

(10-10-2022, 09:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What an absolute horrendous call by the refs. Now they'll compound the situation by making a cheap makeup call.
Between this and the awful Brady call yesterday, no idea which is worse.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 09:44 PM by jessepeck1213.)

Andy Reid has ro know Matthew Wright can't hit from 60

Lmao

Wright just nailed one from 59

Shoulda kept that guy

What a bs call that was before as well

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 09:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Wright with a 59 yarder

(10-10-2022, 09:45 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Shoulda kept that guy

He missed 1 from 41 before that.  I'm happy with our kicker, his first kick is the only one he's missed and it hit the goal post.

(10-10-2022, 09:44 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Wright just nailed one from 59

After missing one from 41. His consistency isn't ideal.