Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 02:33 PM by Mikey.)

(10-10-2022, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unknown.  I have no idea at this point.

...this is why every good poll includes "corn" as an option.

(10-10-2022, 09:04 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Things are much better but we aren't there yet. People are acting like Rome was built in 5 weeks.

Trevor needs to play better no doubt, there's stuff to fix but we've come a long way from last year in just a few weeks' time.

That's the part that worries me. Rome wasn't built overnight but some reason our coach is acting like Trevor is Tom Brady. Certain times we do need Trevor to stand up and put this team on his back. The last 2 weeks wasn't that time with a 14-0 lead in a rain storm or against one of the worst run defenses. 

My personal opinion is Pederson is putting too much on Trevors plate. I don't see Trevor becoming what the majority expected him to be, but that's not to say he won't be a good qb. Unless Pederson changes his philosophy, I just don't see Trevor improving much more than an average qb. I've seen Trevor make some absolutely amazing throws, but I've seen just as many errant throws that an NFL qb should be able to make, let alone someone of his "caliber". I hope all goes well, just having a hard time putting faith into it.

very well said. enjoy your (first!?!?!?) rec.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I said yes, but because it’s what I want to see happen, not what I think will happen.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 02:55 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 2 times in total.)

All we can hope is that he has a Josh Allen like turn around.    I think (seriously hope) he will.

He's a talented QB.  He just needs to make better decisions.

Lest we quickly forget...Josh Allen just ripped my Steelers a new one, yet the game prior to that...against the Ratbirds (who's pass defense is average at best) he had a pass completion percentage of 52.8, 1 TD, 1 INT for 214 yards.

IMO Trevor has until the middle of next season before I start thinking the Jags need to look elsewhere.   I'll complain when he has bad games, but I'll keep his performances in perspective.

Continue to build the team around him.   I like the receiving corps once Z is completely healthy, but I still see a bunch of #2s and not a lights out, they can't cover me #1 receiver. Trevor needs to have a consistent outlet that the best opposing DB can't single cover stop.  From these 5 games I don't think the Jags have that player yet.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

I said yes. Partly because I am optimist enough to figure the glass is half full until it is empty, but also because I have a feeling once he and Doug figure things out he will be decent, but maybe not as all-world as the media hype predicted in March of 2020. I just have this eerie feeling that if we keep resorting to hitting the reset button, we'll never end the cycle of resetting. If we're talking second contract, that's at least two years from now, a whole heap can happen between now and then.

If he's Derek Carr, is that enough? What if he's a Kirk Cousins? I'm ok with keeping someone around at that level of play.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 03:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: I said yes. Partly because I am optimist enough to figure the glass is half full until it is empty, but also because I have a feeling once he and Doug figure things out he will be decent, but maybe not as all-world as the media hype predicted in March of 2020. I just have this eerie feeling that if we keep resorting to hitting the reset button, we'll never end the cycle of resetting. If we're talking second contract, that's at least two years from now, a whole heap can happen between now and then.

If he's Derek Carr, is that enough? What if he's a Kirk Cousins? I'm ok with keeping someone around at that level of play.

I'd absolutely take these numbers after 8 years

199. TD
89. INT

(10-10-2022, 02:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: I said yes. Partly because I am optimist enough to figure the glass is half full until it is empty, but also because I have a feeling once he and Doug figure things out he will be decent, but maybe not as all-world as the media hype predicted in March of 2020. I just have this eerie feeling that if we keep resorting to hitting the reset button, we'll never end the cycle of resetting. If we're talking second contract, that's at least two years from now, a whole heap can happen between now and then.

I'd absolutely take these numbers after 8 years

199. TD
89. INT

Or these numbers

230. TDs
96. Ints

I'd day yes. But feel like we should have an I don't know option

(10-10-2022, 11:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 11:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: While Doug is light years ahead of the last guy regarding putting Lawrence in a good situation and utilizing our backs - it still comes down to his pass/run philosophy. 

He firmly believes that success with the pass is what is making our effective run game so effective. So he's going to keep throwing it in situations where more traditionally thinking fans would run it.
 Instead of going back to the well with run after run, he believes he needs to get back to a few completions in order to sustain the run game's effectiveness. 

There's definitely some real logic in there, but I would rather stick with what is working on the ground until it actually stops working - ESPECIALLY the the young QB is clearly having a bad day.
The Jags were moving the ball yesterday. It's the Redzone that's the issue at the moment.

20 to 20. Jags are money.
Redzone. Game blown.

Next time they get inside the 20 they should take a few delay of game penalties so they can properly run their offense.

(10-10-2022, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unknown.  I have no idea at this point.

real answer

I havn't seen the Lawrence all plays from yesterday yet, but I have watched all the replys I could get my hands on. I think he had an okay day. The team is plagued with drops. Even Etienne, who had some great plays, had even bigger drops. Besides forcing that endzone throw throw that got intercepted, Trevor still looks legit. I suspect he had an issue with grip and positioning on that hail mary, cause it looked nothing like his normal ball and as a last ditch play, cant say I care at that point. Anyway I think he is getting it and greatly improved. Lawrence looks so much better than Bortles, who looked much better than Gabbart. I think hes the real deal.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-10-2022, 10:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought Byron Leftwich would become our franchise QB.  I defended Blaine Gabbert.  I defended Blake Bortles. 

Trevor?  He sure looked like he was turning the corner in the first 3 games.  Now, two really bad games in a row.  I don't know.  I appreciate people's continued faith in the guy, but...

I didnt defend those two. Unless you mean that I argued that Bortles was much better than Gabbert. Those guys arent in Trevors league. He is the real deal. I havent drank the koolaid for the others. I know bad QB play. Heck I wanted us to sign Cousins and or trade for Tannehill during the end of Bortles cause I knew both were better than him. But Trevor? I think Trevor is legit. If he doesnt get injured hes the real deal. And the funny thing is people can't tell. He drives the ball well, js a 'natural thrower', completes the intermediate routes that no one has done onthe Jags since Garrard. Hes good man.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Its really 50/50. It depends how bad he wants it and how hard be works on his issues. Like ive been saying, he has the physical tools… its all about that thing between his ears. The one thing tbat gives me tbe most concern is that ive seen almost 0 improvement in the areas i saw him struggle with at Clemson and i dont think you need 2 years to fix it

(10-10-2022, 03:53 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I havn't seen the Lawrence all plays from yesterday yet, but I have watched all the replys I could get my hands on. I think he had an okay day. The team is plagued with drops. Even Etienne, who had some great plays, had even bigger drops. Besides forcing that endzone throw throw that got intercepted, Trevor still looks legit. I suspect he had an issue with grip and positioning on that hail mary, cause it looked nothing like his normal ball and as a last ditch play, cant say I care at that point.  Anyway I think he is getting it and greatly improved. Lawrence looks so much better than Bortles, who looked much better than Gabbart. I think hes the real deal.

6 drops officially yesterday. That makes his adjusted comp % yesterday at 66%

Drops are destroying us.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 04:15 PM by Big Dougy P.)

(10-10-2022, 03:53 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I havn't seen the Lawrence all plays from yesterday yet, but I have watched all the replys I could get my hands on. I think he had an okay day. The team is plagued with drops. Even Etienne, who had some great plays, had even bigger drops. Besides forcing that endzone throw throw that got intercepted, Trevor still looks legit. I suspect he had an issue with grip and positioning on that hail mary, cause it looked nothing like his normal ball and as a last ditch play, cant say I care at that point.  Anyway I think he is getting it and greatly improved. Lawrence looks so much better than Bortles, who looked much better than Gabbart. I think hes the real deal.

It was more depressing than the Eagles game. I think the Eagles game minus the fumbles was an OKAY/Good game. But yesterday he missed a lot of throws, and threw perhaps the dumbest interception i've ever seen. He could have probably ran it in for a TD but he definitely could have picked up the first. It almost felt like he's dead set on improving his passing TD number. Very much like the kirk TD a few weeks ago where he threw it like 2 yards infront of him but could have easily ran in.

(10-10-2022, 04:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

6 drops officially yesterday. That makes his adjusted comp % yesterday at 66%

Drops are destroying us.

I agree the drops have been bad, but he's also just flat out missing open wrs.

(10-10-2022, 04:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Its really 50/50. It depends how bad he wants it and how hard be works on his issues. Like ive been saying, he has the physical tools… its all about that thing between his ears. The one thing tbat gives me tbe most concern is that ive seen almost 0 improvement in the areas i saw him struggle with at Clemson and i dont think you need 2 years to fix it
Let me rephrase that last part before its misconstrued. I dont think it takes 2 years to show some improvement, perhaps not completely fix.

I’m not trying to throw gas on the fire, but if he doesn’t get it figured out then we will have a Baker Mayfield/Browns type of situation.

#1 overall pick is supposed to be a sure fire pro bowl/all pro type of player going into year 2 or 3. The honeymoon phase is over with.

On a side note, is he really afraid of getting hit? Maybe it’s just me..

(10-10-2022, 04:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 04:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Its really 50/50. It depends how bad he wants it and how hard be works on his issues. Like ive been saying, he has the physical tools… its all about that thing between his ears. The one thing tbat gives me tbe most concern is that ive seen almost 0 improvement in the areas i saw him struggle with at Clemson and i dont think you need 2 years to fix it
Let me rephrase that last part before its misconstrued. I dont think it takes 2 years to show some improvement, perhaps not completely fix.

The problem is he spent the first of those 2 years getting worse with no one to coach him out of it. Even the best need proper coaching/fine tuning

(10-10-2022, 04:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not trying to throw gas on the fire, but if he doesn’t get it figured out then we will have a Baker Mayfield/Browns type of situation.

#1 overall pick is supposed to be a sure fire pro bowl/all pro type of player going into year 2 or 3. The honeymoon phase is over with.

On a side note, is he really afraid of getting hit? Maybe it’s just me..

I can't tell. That's a fair question. I want to know why he hesitates to take off with the football though. He has just enough athleticism to where he can get past a front seven. I felt like they were going in that direction in the Eagles loss and maybe those fumbles really scared him off from doing it in yesterday's game. 

That INT in the end zone just aggravates the hell out of me though. Those are plays that Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers & Jackson make routinely with their legs. Was no [BLEEP] reason to throw that football there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I believe he wants to be the best, he gets too amped up, and like a lot of young players, that leads to a lot of overthrows.When he completely masters this offense, learns how to manipulate the defense, he will start relaxing more and just play football. It will just take more playing time. He looks like the real deal to me.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 05:20 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 1 time in total.)

So after reviewing the all plays: tons of drops early, we should have never been down with the way we were moving the ball. I think Lawrence just got tired at the end, he started just missing more in the 4th, he started sailing everything deep when he was much better in earlier quarters. Makes me wonder if he had a sprain/strain/injury as well. I think this game wasnt primarily on Lawrence but that decision that lead to the goalline interception was real bad, I dont think he will try to force it like that again. Dont know what he was thinking there seeing it from another angle behind lawrence just makes it look like an even worse decsion. Anyway, I still think hes legit. I am concerned that there might be an injury tho, cause all the deep throws in the last like 6 minutes just dont look right.