Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeVante Adams pushes guy down

Did anyone see that crap. He pushed a media guy down. The media guy looked like he was trying to get into position to do his job and Adams shoved him to the ground. 

Guy went to the hospital and filed charges. I hope the charges stick. What was he thinking?

Bush league and a thug move.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-11-2022, 12:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Did anyone see that crap. He pushed a media guy down. The media guy looked like he was trying to get into position to do his job and Adams shoved him to the ground. 

Guy went to the hospital and filed charges. I hope the charges stick. What was he thinking?

charges will end up a civil settlement, a couple of g's as an apology. League should sit him down for a week, but he'll likely just end up with a fine and maybe an appearance at a school or something.

He shoulda slapped his coach for that miserable call to go for 2 instead of tie.

(10-11-2022, 12:12 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Did anyone see that crap. He pushed a media guy down. The media guy looked like he was trying to get into position to do his job and Adams shoved him to the ground. 

Unacceptable but he did apologize.  Assuming the guy didn’t have major injury we should be quicker to forgive as a society when someone shows remorse and apologizes.  I didn’t see malice.  I saw frustration and “get out of my way”.  Still not acceptable to put your hands on someone, but worlds apart from going after someone to specifically harm them which if that’s what he were trying to do he wouldn’t have kept walking.

Football players are not above the law. But I do understand Adam's frustration.

(10-11-2022, 02:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Unacceptable but he did apologize.  Assuming the guy didn’t have major injury we should be quicker to forgive as a society when someone shows remorse and apologizes.  I didn’t see malice.  I saw frustration and “get out of my way”.  Still not acceptable to put your hands on someone, but worlds apart from going after someone to specifically harm them which if that’s what he were trying to do he wouldn’t have kept walking.

Apology once the footage started blasting his action.
Not like he immediately recognized his lapse and helped the dude up, or made sure he wasn't hurt.
Actions like these show a person's nature, and hoo boy that's not a good look.

He's got to learn to keep his anger, adrenaline or whatever under control.

(10-11-2022, 02:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

Eventually, a court will figure out a price for that 'forgiveness'.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-12-2022, 09:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Unacceptable but he did apologize.  Assuming the guy didn’t have major injury we should be quicker to forgive as a society when someone shows remorse and apologizes.  I didn’t see malice.  I saw frustration and “get out of my way”.  Still not acceptable to put your hands on someone, but worlds apart from going after someone to specifically harm them which if that’s what he were trying to do he wouldn’t have kept walking.

Eventually, a court will figure out a price for that 'forgiveness'.

Oh I’m sure.  And rightfully so.

Thug move? Give me a break...

Media Dude shouldn't have been pushed down, but pressing charges is gonna backfire on him. He didn't get punched, he got pushed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 10:52 AM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-13-2022, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Media Dude shouldn't have been pushed down, but pressing charges is gonna backfire on him. He didn't get punched, he got pushed.

Adams should be disciplined regardless of what it looks like. That behavior can't be ignored.

ETA: I just saw where he apologized. He needs to check himself. Frustration doesn't excuse his behavior. Plus, it's 2022 and this is a sue happy nation. Gotta keep that in mind.

(10-13-2022, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Media Dude shouldn't have been pushed down, but pressing charges is gonna backfire on him. He didn't get punched, he got pushed.

Don’t forget mental anguish…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-13-2022, 10:50 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Adams should be disciplined regardless of what it looks like. That behavior can't be ignored.

ETA: I just saw where he apologized. He needs to check himself. Frustration doesn't excuse his behavior. Plus, it's 2022 and this is a sue happy nation. Gotta keep that in mind.

Sure, disciplined is one thing; criminal charges for that is borderline silly. I saw worse at the pub last night and the guys weren't even thrown out, just separated.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 04:26 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

I dunno. I'm barely having a problem with Adams here... The first angle looks bad, but from another angle, the guy bounced right in front of him - His personal space was invaded, and his reaction seemed very reflexive. If he hadn't just blown that catch and was in a better mood, perhaps his reflexes say grab the guy instead of pushing him, but there was no way he wasn't making contact with the guy. I have a hard time finding a big problem with Adams for this, but it seems the court of public opinion has already decided.

Should've just helped the dude up after he realized he screwed up. You can kind of see the light bulb going off in his head, but then he just keeps walking.

The kid was looking at Adams the whole time. He could have easily avoided him. Dude did it on purpose hoping for this kind of reaction so he could milk it and get an easy pay check. I thought it looked like he did it on purpose live, but this angle just confirms it for me.
https://twitter.com/InfiniteRaiders/stat...6103333888

I’ve only seen two angles. Both just seem like the guy “crossed” his path. Ultimately, Adams should be the bigger guy, even if the cameraman was being a DB. But that isn’t what I am seeing. Uncalled for. And just because a star pushes you, doesn’t mean you should sue. Get the hell back up and go on. Both parties are wrong in my opinion.

not a lawyer this week, but I don't think that punches are a requirement for assault.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 01:27 PM by Mikey.)

(10-13-2022, 04:25 PM)scottyg Wrote: I dunno. I'm barely having a problem with Adams here...  The first angle looks bad, but from another angle, the guy bounced right in front of him - His personal space was invaded, and his reaction seemed very reflexive.  If he hadn't just blown that catch and was in a better mood, perhaps his reflexes say grab the guy instead of pushing him, but there was no way he wasn't making contact with the guy.  I have a hard time finding a big problem with Adams for this, but it seems the court of public opinion has already decided.

what's the harm in stopping for a second? The camera dude was doing his job, and has likely shuffled through countless queues of humanity making their way to the tunnel after a frustrating loss.

The only variable here is how Adams behaved vs. what every other human would do.

Adams needed to get his anger out, fine, go punch the pads on the goalpost. Slam your helmet. Chuck a gatorade bucket into midfield.

I get pissed too, but I ain't gonna take it out on the mailman if I'm trying to walk across the street and he's making his way to my mailbox. Especially if I am bigger, stronger, and much more financially stable than said mail carrier.

(10-13-2022, 04:33 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Should've just helped the dude up after he realized he screwed up.  You can kind of see the light bulb going off in his head, but then he just keeps walking.

If you 'immediately' (Adams' words) felt bad, you'd think that's the first thing you'd do, help em up or make sure they're ok.

His apology was empty words. He was angry, and took his anger out on the closest thing he could.

(10-14-2022, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote:

not a lawyer this week, but I don't think that punches are a requirement for assault.

The charge would be simple battery.

(10-14-2022, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote:

They aren't, but a guy who presses charges on the talent better win all he can in the lawsuit, because as the employer I don't put him back in that position.

(10-15-2022, 10:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 01:15 PM)Mikey Wrote: not a lawyer this week, but I don't think that punches are a requirement for assault.

The charge would be simple battery.

Yep, in Missouri that's Class C Misdemeanor at worst with time served and a $400 fine. In this case it looks like barely a Class D which comes with a $200 fine. Criminal charges for this offense are pretty absurd.