Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Free Agents

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 08:27 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think we make a few cuts next year and go after Fletchet Cox.  If we make the cap space I think Cox would love to play for Doug again.  He's always played in a 4-3 but Cox could be a monster 3-4 end.  He still has a few good years left and could be the missing piece on this defense for a year or 2.  I think he should be the one player we should go after and he won't break the bank being his age.

Cox-Hamilton-Fatukasi

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 08:55 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Talk is that Panthers are now in full scale fire sale mode. Anyone on there we might covet? DJ Moore comes to mind.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-12-2022, 08:55 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Talk is that Panthers are now in full scale fire sale mode.  Anyone on there we might covet?  DJ Moore comes to mind.

Moore and Derrick Brown

(10-12-2022, 08:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we make a few cuts next year and go after Fletchet Cox.  If we make the cap space I think Cox would love to play for Doug again.  He's always played in a 4-3 but Cox could be a monster 3-4 end.  He still has a few good years left and could be the missing piece on this defense for a year or 2.  I think he should be the one player we should go after and he won't break the bank being his age.

Cox-Hamilton-Fatukasi

What kind of deal are you giving a 32 year old defensive tackle? 
Fatukasi is already getting about 10 mil per year and Cox is making 14 mil per year now. 

Remember you have to also pay or draft immediate starters for TE, TE2, DE3, RT, LG, QB2, WR, and JR25 needs a new deal
 - and Jags are projected to be just over or right at the cap next year.

(10-12-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 08:26 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we make a few cuts next year and go after Fletchet Cox.  If we make the cap space I think Cox would love to play for Doug again.  He's always played in a 4-3 but Cox could be a monster 3-4 end.  He still has a few good years left and could be the missing piece on this defense for a year or 2.  I think he should be the one player we should go after and he won't break the bank being his age.

Cox-Hamilton-Fatukasi

Fatukasi is already getting about 10 mil per year and Cox is making 14 mil per year now. 

Remember you have to also pay or draft immediate starters for TE, TE2, DE3, RT, LG, QB2, WR, and JR25 needs a new deal

Probably right at what he is making this year.  I'd love to resign JRob but I don't know if we will.  I think Walker Little is being groomed to be our RT next year.  There is always ways to make cap space, just look at the Rams.  The cap usually goes up as well and TE, and WR are 2 positions I think we draft early

(10-12-2022, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What kind of deal are you giving a 32 year old defensive tackle? 

Probably right at what he is making this year.  I'd love to resign JRob but I don't know if we will.  I think Walker Little is being groomed to be our RT next year.  There is always ways to make cap space, just look at the Rams.  The cap usually goes up as well and TE, and WR are 2 positions I think we draft early

And what is the Rams record?  They built for one year and it’s biting them in the [BLEEP] now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 02:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-12-2022, 11:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably right at what he is making this year.  I'd love to resign JRob but I don't know if we will.  I think Walker Little is being groomed to be our RT next year.  There is always ways to make cap space, just look at the Rams.  The cap usually goes up as well and TE, and WR are 2 positions I think we draft early

And what is the Rams record?  They built for one year and it’s biting them in the [BLEEP] now.

No Von Miller and losing Andrew Whitworth is killing them.  The following year we will have more contracts off the books.  Their contracts are much higher and longer than ours.  Signing Cox next offseason won't be the make or break of our salary cap lol.  Hell if we cut RRH and Griffin that would be about the money to sign Cox, you can add Chaisson as well if you want a couple more mil.  Jordan Smith can take Chaissons place next year.

I'd trade those 3 for Cox

(10-12-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Cox-Hamilton-Fatukasi

Don't forget Josh Allen. He should be our top priority re-signing this off season.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 05:12 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Defense Wish List:
Bradley Chubb - DE - Denver
Dalvin Tomlinson - DT - Minnesota
Mike Edwards - S - Tampa Bay
James Bradberry - CB - Philadelphia

Offense Wish List:
Tony Pollard - RB - Dallas
Damien Harris - RB - New England
Mike Geisicki - TE - Miami
Dalton Schultz - TE - Dallas
Robert Tonyan - TE - Green Bay
Jakobi Meyers - WR - New England
Mike McGlinchey - OT - San Francisco
Nate Davis - G - tacks
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Man I hope we get Mike Geisicki at TE next season. Bradberry at CB is better than what we have right now.

Unless we renegotiate a few of the high dollar deals on our books, I don't see us making big splashes next offseason.

All I could think going through this list was "nowhere near enough cap for this guy, how we gonna afford this guy" etc.

(10-25-2022, 10:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: Unless we renegotiate a few of the high dollar deals on our books, I don't see us making big splashes next offseason.

All I could think going through  this list was "nowhere near enough cap for this guy, how we gonna afford this guy" etc.

Cutting Griffin frees up 13 mil
Cutting Jenkins would free up 6.25 mil
Of course, they have to pay a TE , find a LG, pay Taylor or another RT

Hard to imagine they'll be able to land more than 3 immediate starters from the draft - so they will need to spend some money in FA to cover all the bases.

(10-12-2022, 08:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What kind of deal are you giving a 32 year old defensive tackle? 

Don't forget Josh Allen. He should be our top priority re-signing this off season.

I don’t know if I agree with making Allen a top priority. You’re getting more production out of Smoot as of week 9.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 10:27 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Still hope Doug goes hard after Fletcher Cox

Brandon Graham as well, I don't care if they are in there 30s, both still really good

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 07:00 PM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-07-2022, 12:06 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 08:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't forget Josh Allen. He should be our top priority re-signing this off season.

I don’t know if I agree with making Allen a top priority. You’re getting more production out of Smoot as of week 9.
Josh Allrn currently has THREE(3)sacks in TWELVE *12) games.  I'm no math major, but by my count that's ONE (1) sack everyFOUR (4) games.

FLgatorjags, still think he's better than Ngakoue?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...t/2022.htm

Same number of games, over twice the #of sacks.

We don't have amu CBs to run the defense.  Maybe one-Campbell.

We can't rush the passer.  We can't cover.

We traded away the two best guys n that area.

Maybe ww'll stop justing a player's worth on their mouth and start on their production?

Naaahhhh.

We don't need productive pass rushers or cover corners.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-21-2022, 05:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Defense Wish List:

Offense Wish List:
Nate Davis - G - tacks
I'm no capologist, but it's my understanding we are too far up against the cap to hope to splurge on any of these guys.`I readily defer to those more astutte in these matters.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Cash over cap. I believe Shad has deep enough pockets to sign whoever he wants. The cap can be worked around pretty easily with signing bonuses and such.

(10-21-2022, 05:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Defense Wish List:

Offense Wish List:
Nate Davis - G - tacks

Elgton Jenkins

Fletcher Cox

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2022, 08:46 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2022, 09:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fletcher Cox

Straight beast mode

Anyways, we need a cb. Need to sure up the pass coverage.