Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
O'Reilly out at Fox

Justified? Scapegoat?

Set up? Or arrogant misogynist?

Ailes. Greta. Kelly....whose decision allegedly had to do something with Bill.

Coincidences?

New book.

Killing Bill O'Reilly

By...Bill O'Reilly.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares?  Other than his millions of viewers and fans...

Dirtball in an organization of dirtballs.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Maybe it's fake news?
Blakes Life Matters

I like Tucker better anyway, and he gets his timeslot.

Quote:I like Tucker better anyway, and he gets his timeslot.

Spin Zone alive and well
Blakes Life Matters

Bah, he was doomed when they had both their big female leads come out against him. I think its talk radio time.
Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

It's a shame, I like watching O'Reilly. However, if he's being a dirty old cretin then he needs to go. A person doesn't pay out 13 million in settlement money as a proclamation of innocence.

I have to admit, the Killing Bill O'Reilly line is pretty funny.

Like him or hate him (the broadcaster not commenting on the allegations) he had a big audience.  Tucker Carlson has some pretty big shoes to fill in the 8 oclock time slot.  Also, O'rielly was one of the few fox Anchors who would routinely get an interview with Obama/Clinton.  I don't know if Carlson will be seen as near to the center and have the ability to interview as many top democrats. 

Quote:It's a shame, I like watching O'Reilly. However, if he's being a dirty old cretin then he needs to go. A person doesn't pay out 13 million in settlement money as a proclamation of innocence.

I have to admit, the Killing Bill O'Reilly line is pretty funny.

Quote:Like him or hate him (the broadcaster not commenting on the allegations) he had a big audience.  Tucker Carlson has some pretty big shoes to fill in the 8 oclock time slot.  Also, O'rielly was one of the few fox Anchors who would routinely get an interview with Obama/Clinton.  I don't know if Carlson will be seen as near to the center and have the ability to interview as many top democrats.

No doubt Fox will miss him. As a person , I couldn't stand him most of the time. But he was good at what he did, but his arrogance was evident. The last type of person I'd pound a few cold ones with.

Fox itself puts long legged, short skirt , blonde babes on continuously. Think this stuff isn't bound to happen? Not condoning it, but it's a perfect set up for a troll schweinhund like O'Reilly. His no spin zone spun outta control.

Oh well. I don't think his lifestyle changes much.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 10:08 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Like him or hate him (the broadcaster not commenting on the allegations) he had a big audience.  Tucker Carlson has some pretty big shoes to fill in the 8 oclock time slot.  Also, O'rielly was one of the few fox Anchors who would routinely get an interview with Obama/Clinton.  I don't know if Carlson will be seen as near to the center and have the ability to interview as many top democrats. 

Agree they are big shoes to fill, but Tucker has already interviewed Trump since he became president, so time will tell if he can interview the next democratic president, so I think he will be able to fill his shoes. On a side note, O'Reilly started to become unwatchable to me because it became a 45 minute plug for his latest book.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 02:29 PM by rollerjag.)

O'Reilly's only contribution to society was as inspiration for The Colbert Report.

The sad thing is most of his sycophants will only view these latest developments as reason to be even more loyal to him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Oh I'm sure he's not going anywhere. Just going to shift to the online platform now and be more uncensored. But glad to see he's off TV. 

Quote:  

No doubt Fox will miss him. As a person , I couldn't stand him most of the time. But he was good at what he did, but his arrogance was evident. The last type of person I'd pound a few cold ones with.

Fox itself puts long legged, short skirt , blonde babes on continuously. Think this stuff isn't bound to happen? Not condoning it, but it's a perfect set up for a troll schweinhund like O'Reilly. His no spin zone spun outta control.

Oh well. I don't think his lifestyle changes much.
Just curious what you found on line that I missed.  The specifics about what happened have been vague as far as I can tell.  The payout is disturbing to be sure but the specifics seem to be lacking.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Just curious what you found on line that I missed.  The specifics about what happened have been vague as far as I can tell.  The payout is disturbing to be sure but the specifics seem to be lacking.

Paid out millions in settlements ( hush money ). A big factor why Meghan Kelly left. His lawyers tried in vain to work things out and keep him at Fox. Many have non disclosure contracts and/or part of settlement.

He got a $25 million parting gift.

Now Tucker takes his spot. A real conservative, now that he doesn't work for NBC, MSNBC anymore. He switched his views according to employer. It's not news. It's entertainment with agendas. Like most.

The more inflammatory one is, the bigger the audience. Says a lot of our country, its viewers and priorities.
Blakes Life Matters

Dang.

Half his audience will have to figure out how to use the remote, now.

And that ain't easy after your 70th birthday.

The man is actually an admirable scholar of American history, and if you've ever seen him on the Daily Show (Stewart) or listened to him in NPR interviews, you quickly gain the impression that he's not too far from center, and "Bill O'Reilly" is no less a cartoon character than "Stephen Colbert" was.

I am TJBender. TJBender is me.

Don't care.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I actually thought Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly were very reasonable (Right-Center) ---- I can't watch TV personalities that are loaded too far to the Right or Left.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Never liked O'Reilly.  Glad to see he's going. 

Can't really think of many Pundits that I actually like.  Would be nice to see them ALL go, and get back to the days where we just hear the news. 

Now I'm sounding like an old man.  I blame the old reverse regeneration process.