Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Draft Needs (merged threads)

Here are some post-first-round Nickel Back prospects if they leave Williams outside next year:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/...7bc3bad58/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/...b31b7000e/

Any others you guys are eyeballing if the Jags look to draft a slot defender?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2023, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here are some post-first-round Nickel Back prospects if they leave Williams outside next year:

Had my eyes on Garrett Williams already. Syracuse defense overall was one of the better squads across the country. The few games I saw him play in I enjoyed his reaction and willingness to come up and hit a runner or two. 

The other prospect I really like is Riley Moss out of Iowa. He has slot defender written all over him. Very instinctive. Again, another willing and able run defender but he's got some really good quickness and fluidness to him in coverage. Has a knack for finding the end zone when the football is in his hands as well.

Would be ecstatic if he's staring at us in RD4 in April. Would be a nice player to have in that role + special teams capabilities for sure. I don't know if they'll keep Williams on the outside in 2023 but if they decide not to I really like Emmaunel Forbes as well to play opposite of Campbell. He's a gambler. Plays the ball braver than most and it's paid off A TON for him. Has a Diggs vibe to him. 

He would fit in great here. Probably a guy worth taking in RD2.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 05:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-04-2023, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here are some post-first-round Nickel Back prospects if they leave Williams outside next year:

Witherspoon could easily go in the first but it would be nice if he fell to the 2nd.  Clark Phillips is like Witherspoon who could go in the 1st or 2nd who i really like.   When you start to look at 2nd or 3rd my top to guys are Toledos Quinyon Mitchell who I think could play inside or outside along with TCUs Tre'vius Hodges Tomlinson

We r sorted for a punter with cook

However if things don't workout , hearing alot of hype around another Aussie punter, Adam Korsak

He has the most punting yards in NCAA history

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 10:24 AM by Mikey.)

(01-04-2023, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Had my eyes on Garrett Williams already. Syracuse defense overall was one of the better squads across the country. The few games I saw him play in I enjoyed his reaction and willingness to come up and hit a runner or two. 

The other prospect I really like is Riley Moss out of Iowa. He has slot defender written all over him. Very instinctive. Again, another willing and able run defender but he's got some really good quickness and fluidness to him in coverage. Has a knack for finding the end zone when the football is in his hands as well.

Would be ecstatic if he's staring at us in RD4 in April. Would be a nice player to have in that role + special teams capabilities for sure. I don't know if they'll keep Williams on the outside in 2023 but if they decide not to I really like Emmaunel Forbes as well to play opposite of Campbell. He's a gambler. Plays the ball braver than most and it's paid off A TON for him. Has a Diggs vibe to him. 

He would fit in great here. Probably a guy worth taking in RD2.

Beat me to it, Moss is the one I've wanted, as he'll fall in that 3-4 range where you expect to find the slot guys.

(01-05-2023, 12:21 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: We r sorted for a punter with cook

However if things don't workout , hearing alot of hype around another Aussie punter, Adam Korsak

if we darft a punter so help me

Somewhere, Gene Smith salivates

(01-05-2023, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Somewhere, Gene Smith salivates

I have zero problem with Cook, FTR.

We certainly should NOT draft one in the 3rd round.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We have arguably the best punter in the league under contract for the next 3 years. A punter shouldnt even be our our bigboard nor should we even be talkng about getting another punter.

(01-05-2023, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have arguably the best punter in the league under contract for the next 3 years.  A punter shouldnt even be our our bigboard nor should we even be talkng about getting another punter.
Always BAP though…..

(01-05-2023, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have arguably the best punter in the league under contract for the next 3 years.  A punter shouldnt even be our our bigboard nor should we even be talkng about getting another punter.
Always BAP though…..

I wouldnt have a punter as BAP on my board lol.  You will never get or understand BAP vs Need

(01-05-2023, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Always BAP though…..

Laughing

His BAP arguments are like 

[Image: Goalpost.gif]

(01-06-2023, 01:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Always BAP though…..

Laughing

It's not moving a goal post when you dont even have a Punter on your board lol.  If there is a punter that great you trade back and let someone trade up for him.

(01-06-2023, 07:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 01:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Laughing

It's not moving a goal post when you dont even have a Punter on your board lol.  If there is a punter that great you trade back and let someone trade up for him.
It's almost like.... Teams factor in needs... when creating their draft board....

Do your due diligence.

Never know, what if a team offers you a 2nd rd pick for Cooke? What if Cooke decides he's made enough money, and wants to retire to a life of golf and tequila?

Never hurts to scout em, even if you aren't planning to pick em. Might need to know where they fit, might be able to net a few picks to let a team jump up and grab em.

(01-06-2023, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Do your due diligence.

Never know, what if a team offers you a 2nd rd pick for Cooke? What if Cooke decides he's made enough money, and wants to retire to a life of golf and tequila?

Never hurts to scout em, even if you aren't planning to pick em. Might need to know where they fit, might be able to net a few picks to let a team jump up and grab em.
That’s what I said, if there is a punter that good I would let a team trade up for him and trade back

(01-06-2023, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 07:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's not moving a goal post when you dont even have a Punter on your board lol.  If there is a punter that great you trade back and let someone trade up for him.
It's almost like.... Teams factor in needs... when creating their draft board....
You shouldn’t factor in need when making a big board.  You will be fired in short order

We don't need a Punter....

Cooke was masterful this evening. Biggest Pro Bowl snub on the team.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 07:52 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2023, 02:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We don't need a Punter....

Cooke was masterful this evening. Biggest Pro Bowl snub on the team.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Give me a good LG,
another edge rusher
another RT
and maybe a TE or S

I'll be just fine.

Based upon the position value, getting all four in the draft is quite possible.

The only premium position in that group is edge rusher, and as I've proven, you can find quality edge rushers as late as the 4th round.
Guards, TEs, and RTs can also be found in the 3rd round, though many are drafted in higher rounds.

If we draft proper;y, there's no reason we can't be a better team than we are now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We r picking 21st atm

Going for 32
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]