Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robinson to the Jets

Tells me they already know this season

Hope Jrob gets a decent 2nd contract hard life for RB even harder for udfa RB. His prime years he's playing for pennies
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 08:05 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-25-2022, 07:53 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Tells me they already know this season

Hope Jrob gets a decent 2nd contract hard life for RB even harder for udfa RB. His prime years he's playing for pennies

Yeah I don’t often pull for our guys once they put on another jersey, but I’m hoping he does well and gets his pay day.

So what happened to all the people that said Pederson was the right choice? LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-24-2022, 07:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What did you guys expect to get back? It’s a running back coming off a torn Achilles and he’s set to his RFA. Jags are lucky to get a 6th.

I kind of agree here...torn Achilles Now he has knee injury... Or knee issues... He hasn't been producing so yeah we're lucky to get anything

(10-25-2022, 08:18 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 07:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What did you guys expect to get back? It’s a running back coming off a torn Achilles and he’s set to his RFA. Jags are lucky to get a 6th.

I kind of agree here...torn Achilles Now he has knee injury... Or knee issues... He hasn't been producing so yeah we're lucky to get anything

That's debatable. They just put Breece Hall on IR and they're relying almost exclusively on the running game to win. They had more leverage here. There was really no reason to rush this. You just gave him away for essentially a draft pick that could end up in the bottom of RD5 or RD6 if the Jets continue to win football games.

You could have played out the rest of the year, let him rack up more yardage and stats and then did something with him as a restricted free agent in next year's off season. You would have had more leverage there with him IMHO. We're not lucky to get a 5th or a 6th. 

What has this team done with any of those picks under Baalke over the last two/three years? Nadda damn thing. So, there's that. I just hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the [BLEEP] if something happens to the RB group personnel wise. I like Etienne but the dude gets absolutely SMACKED at times by defenders.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-24-2022, 07:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 07:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I posted in another thread but since there is now a dedicated thread:

Makes sense, really. He has an Achilles injury and now a knee injury. He’s already showing wear and tear with his contract coming up next year. RBs can be found everywhere plus ETN and Hasty are performing. I like JRob but you have to look at this through the lens of a team which just spent record amounts of free agent money. It’s business.
Careful with logic. You’ll be labeled a JRob hater.

(10-24-2022, 08:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If anything is confirmed by this trade,  it’s definitely that Doug wants a pass first team, which I do not understand because in our two wins this year, Robinson had his most carries. I mean just why?

Why because he had an achilles tear and now he's suffering from knee injuries or problems....his contract is up at the end of the season and he's not producing... He's number 1 in the league for being stuffed at the line of scrimmage and loss of yardage.... I like j Rob but he's just not getting it done I think the injuries have affected him more than anybody wants to admit.... We're probably lucky we got anything for him because if we waited till his contract was up we would have gotten nothing

(10-25-2022, 07:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 07:37 AM)NH3 Wrote: Why are some of Y'all So Butt Hurt about this decision?

NH3...

I am not. It's a business decision. I think the main issues and concerns that I have as well as a few others have pointed out though:

1. A 6th round pick / conditional 5th RD pick seems pretty low in this trade scenario. Especially when you consider you're giving up a guy that was proven to be productive, and, in the Jets case? You would think we would actually have the leverage. 

They just lost Breece Hall with an injury and they clearly rely on the running game to succeed. Baalke seems to have been fleeced in this situation. Also, you just gave them a strength to build upon it's already established strength. Thus, potentially devaluing the 5th or 6th RD pick in the grand scheme of things. 

2. There's no viable back up plan if Etienne goes down with an injury. Hasty has flashed but we don't know what he can do. To further add insult, which, again, goes back to Baalke. They traded up to get Snoop Conner back in April and he's been active, maybe, what? Once this whole year? Didn't really showcase anything note worthy during the pre season as well to justify that trade up to get him.

3. Baalke's history with late round picks here over the last three years has been pretty lack luster. Is he going to trade up in next year's draft? Let's hope so I guess. 

Outside of those three points? When it rains it pours. It makes sense from a business perspective. You invested a first round pick in ETN. The carries were going his way over the last three weeks. He was clearly doing a lot more with the football even in 50/50 situations carry wise with Robinson. So, I get that. Pederson clearly favors the pass more than the run though. So, we'll see what they do for the rest of this year. 

I don't think they're done shopping players out though. This defense has been bad over the last four weeks. You could make a strong case that Josh Allen is more than likely next to be traded out of here. I would also add Dan Arnold into the mix.

Yes it is a business decision. Alot of Jaguar Fans are reacting off of Robinson's previous year's performances which was stellar. Not so much this year though. If the speculated knee injury issues are correct and he's not expected to be resigned next season then it was a good move by Pederson and Baalke.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Man. Some of you still think JRob is the same player he was before his injury.

"Jets got a steal!"

And what happens if the Jets Oline can't create holes for JRob and he is losing lots of touches to Michael Carter? He isn't close to the same back he was before his injury and he likely never will. He will bounce around the league because people don't pay running backs and they certainly don't pay running backs coming off torn achilles.

I wish him well but this won't make or break the Jags this season. It's time to see what Snooooooooop has.

Woke up this morning still thinking this trade is [BLEEP] stupid as [BLEEP]

(10-25-2022, 09:00 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Man. Some of you still think JRob is the same player he was before his injury.

"Jets got a steal!"

And what happens if the Jets Oline can't create holes for JRob and he is losing lots of touches to Michael Carter? He isn't close to the same back he was before his injury and he likely never will. He will bounce around the league because people don't pay running backs and they certainly don't pay running backs coming off torn achilles.

I wish him well but this won't make or break the Jags this season. It's time to see what Snooooooooop has.

Yep.  Great rookie year.  One great run this year.  Nothing other that an average running back the rest of the year.  You’d think we just traded Fred Taylor.  And this ‘only a 5th/6th for him’.  He obviously wasn’t in their plans and he would have been gone…for nothing…in the off season.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

For you guys saying JRob has knee issues, this trade isn't going through if he doesn't pass the physical. So, his knee issues can't be THAT bad.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 09:10 AM by Jagwired.)

Loved JRob, tailgated with his family that first year in lot P. WONDERFUL people. It was kinda magical with the success he was having. Its not referred to as Not For Long league for no reason. I wish him the best. Bring on the next. This is a two win team at this point.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 09:16 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2022, 07:59 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: PFT reporting a sixth that can go to fifth.

How much worse can this franchise get

They could rehire Urban, Gene Smith, Chris Doyle, Tim Tebow, and Blake Bortles.
They could sign the next Who Douglas for eleventy billion dollars.
They could relocate.

Cripes almighty, the dude was bringing literally nothing to the field. Do you really want to keep him this season for the 30-odd yards a game he'd get, let him hit FA at the end of the year, and end up with nothing in return?

Y'all take this way too serious sometimes.

(10-24-2022, 08:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If anything is confirmed by this trade,  it’s definitely that Doug wants a pass first team, which I do not understand because in our two wins this year, Robinson had his most carries. I mean just why?

Because we used a plodder to kill clock when we had a healthy lead?

How did he play in our 5 losses? We aren't a between-the-tackles rushing team. Our recent short yardage failures should have made that painfully obvious.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 09:55 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is there any chance we use that pick and another to try to trade for someone that can help this team before the deadline?

Probably not, I believe the team is planning to gear up for the run next season. Extra picks allow mobility in the darft, and we need to be cutting costs before we take on added expenses. Next year might be the 'all in' mindset, I don't see that level of recklessness to focus on this season, especially considering where we currently stand.

(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Possible silver lining here. Maybe the Australian guys player he was following was J Rob and we won't be here anymore.

Wrong.

Snap quiz:   Who is the RB for the Chiefs?  How many years there?  Bills?  Bucs?  GB?

This is a pass first game.  Adrian Peterson, the Purple Jesus, knows that only too well.  Barry Sanders.  Derrick Henry.  You want to win, you throw.

CEH, Devin Singletary (loved him comin out of college), Fournette, Aaron Jones.

That was easy.

(10-24-2022, 09:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 09:00 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: True. But as I said earlier I give it 3 snaps before someone calls him useless!
Oh likely less than 3 lol

....we had all preseason, he's already well above 3 snaps.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 10:00 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2022, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I look forward to Robinson rushing for 150+ yards against us on national tv

I think you misspelled Zach Wilson

(10-24-2022, 09:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 09:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ok.. the sacrifice is done. Let's see if the Football Gods are pleased..

That was a hell of a sacrifice though..
I’ll tell you exactly what will happen.

JRob will score a 3 yard TD this week. Everyone will lose their minds and say it was the biggest mistake ever to trade him. Then the rest of the season continues and he doesn’t play all that well. 

Jags get a 5th round pick and we all move on.

What is the phrase the trolls like to use?  In contrast, though, this is likely the true 'voice of reason'.

(10-24-2022, 10:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Everyone laughing at the Jags right now. 

Some comments when NFL and PFF posted it

"Jags doesn't deserve James "

" This is how bad organizations stay bad"

"[BLEEP]...jags never wanted this dude to succeed..unbelievable"

Damn.

not everyone.

And rule 1 is never, ever read the comments.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 10:04 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2022, 10:40 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 07:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A 6th lmao.  So we will draft a 6th round pick that likely won't even make the team.  Baalke and Pederson are [BLEEP] idiots.  Pederson is the biggest reason we are in the position we are in now.  We need to trade Etienne too because Pederson doesn't like to run the ball

I may be new to the Jags, but this doesn't seem like a good take.

And if I'm being honest, what I've seen of Robinson THIS season...his vision to hit the hole isn't that good (not as bad as ETN though) and he doesn't have any real burst.

I didn't have the opportunity to see Robinson when he may have been good, so I don't see how this is bad for the Jaguars.

this is the worst attempt at overreaction I've seen.
Learn from the others, they are seasoned veterans at this stage in their posting lives.

(10-24-2022, 10:51 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Dude's probably gonna get that in the next 2 games.  Still would have kept him over a 5th even if they were letting him walk at the end of the year.

Even if ETN gets injured, I don't see why you feel this way after watching the last 6 games.   Please explain what THIS version of Robinson gives you the feeling that he's valuable this season.

Plain and simple, as we've seen over the past few weeks, if ETN gets hurt, it's the Jamychal Hasty show. I don't understand how everyone else has been blind to this.

Team speed
Spread the offense

I know Jags fans aren't used to this because we loved the up the middle decade that we got accustomed to between 2010 and 2021 but this is a new era. This is a passing league although the Jags are ~ 10 years behind that philosophy as well.

Out with the old and in with the new but wish James Robinson the best !!!

(10-25-2022, 07:37 AM)NH3 Wrote: Why are some of Y'all So Butt Hurt about this decision?

NH3...

Because the butt hurt sustains them. They need drama, and emotional outburst.

Cheer for the laundry. Next man up.

I'm a staunch "don't spend draft capital or big money on the RB guy."

But I also don't see the point of scuttling a bird in hand for a 6th round pick.

The knee situation being worse than alluded to is the way this makes the most sense to me and if that's true, he won't pass a physical. So it must be scheme.
He has shown plenty of burst on the achilles repair. Seems obvious to me they relegated him to the "tough yards" plays the past 3 games or so and began featuring ETN in the stuff with space being created by motion/smoke &mirrors etc.
Early in the season they both got carries from that page of the rushing play book. Something changed.
Many are looking at stats and saying JR fell off of a cliff, when it looked to me much more about the way he was used and the situational usage.
Clearly he wasn't a scheme fit, and they don't value JR's page of the playbook very much.

I think he's got plenty left in the tank if the knee is something he gets past quickly.

He seemed worth waiting out offers in restricted free agency to me. The trade just feels wholly unnecessary with little return.

That said - Good RBs are found every offseason in late rounds and UDFA - and I like that method of acquisition. The thing is - we already had one and now we have to roll the dice again for one that Pederson likes better.

I think it's not really being butt hurt.. At this point at the early stage, it's just shock..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]