Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 8

(10-31-2022, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You can’t copy Nick Chubb

We can copy the run heavy packages.  Etieene is an elite back as well and actually has a higher average per carry than Chubb while Chubb has a much better oline.  They are 2 totally different runners but both elite backs.

lol.. Chubb had 126 carries going INTO tonight's game. ETN has 92 carries after including yesterday's game. That's 34 more carries with 1 less game played for Chubb. I'd like to hope ETN has a slightly higher average atm.

Chubb has proven he can carry the load for a full season, ETN I'm not so sure if he can. He isn't built like Chubb is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also the main take away from this game is the impact that an absolute DAWG like Ja'Marr Chase makes. Those type of dudes completely change an Offense. We have to get our DAWG at WR.

(10-31-2022, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We can copy the run heavy packages.  Etieene is an elite back as well and actually has a higher average per carry than Chubb while Chubb has a much better oline.  They are 2 totally different runners but both elite backs.

lol.. Chubb had 126 carries going INTO tonight's game. ETN has 92 carries after including yesterday's game. That's 34 more carries with 1 less game played for Chubb. I'd like to hope ETN has a slightly higher average atm.

Chubb has proven he can carry the load for a full season, ETN I'm not so sure if he can. He isn't built like Chubb is.
Lol, Why would you like to hope Etienne has a slightly higher average?  Because he hasn't carried it as much?  Lol.  Etienne is 6th right now in rushing and tied for the lead league in ypc.   He doesn't have to carry it as much as Chubb, that's what our backups are for but if we need him to carry the rock a certain amount of times in a game he won't have a problem doing it.  People act like he's a small back but he isn't and he done it in college as well.

(10-31-2022, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: lol.. Chubb had 126 carries going INTO tonight's game. ETN has 92 carries after including yesterday's game. That's 34 more carries with 1 less game played for Chubb. I'd like to hope ETN has a slightly higher average atm.

Lol, Why would you like to hope Etienne has a slightly higher average?  Because he hasn't carried it as much?  Lol.  Etienne is 6th right now in rushing and tied for the lead league in ypc.   He doesn't have to carry it as much as Chubb, that's what our backups are for but if we need him to carry the rock a certain amount of times in a game he won't have a problem doing it.  People act like he's a small back but he isn't and he done it in college as well.

And that's the question, exactly how much are the back ups going to touch the ball to spell him? How effective can they be? 

He isn't a small back, but he isn't a big back either. He's physical and runs reckless, isn't afraid of contact. I love that about him, but it opens him up to big hits and hes already taken some good ones. Can that hold up if they're consistently trying to give him 25 touches a game?

ETN had 27 touches yesterday. Hasty had 4 rushes for 13 yards and 3 catches for -3 yards.

(10-31-2022, 10:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Why would you like to hope Etienne has a slightly higher average?  Because he hasn't carried it as much?  Lol.  Etienne is 6th right now in rushing and tied for the lead league in ypc.   He doesn't have to carry it as much as Chubb, that's what our backups are for but if we need him to carry the rock a certain amount of times in a game he won't have a problem doing it.  People act like he's a small back but he isn't and he done it in college as well.

And that's the question, exactly how much are the back ups going to touch the ball to spell him? How effective can they be? 

He isn't a small back, but he isn't a big back either. He's physical and runs reckless, isn't afraid of contact. I love that about him, but it opens him up to big hits and hes already taken some good ones. Can that hold up if they're consistently trying to give him 25 touches a game?

ETN had 27 touches yesterday. Hasty had 4 rushes for 13 yards and 3 catches for -3 yards.

Very reckless. 

Makes him exciting and fun to watch, but he absolutely takes harder hits because of it. 

Dude is a weapon. Just can't help but wonder what his longevity is going to be with his style.

(10-31-2022, 11:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And that's the question, exactly how much are the back ups going to touch the ball to spell him? How effective can they be? 

Very reckless. 

Makes him exciting and fun to watch, but he absolutely takes harder hits because of it. 

Dude is a weapon. Just can't help but wonder what his longevity is going to be with his style.

Yup, it's almost a catch 22. Hes gotta get his touches because he can bust a big play at any moment, but you also don't want to run him into the dirt.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 12:16 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-31-2022, 10:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Why would you like to hope Etienne has a slightly higher average?  Because he hasn't carried it as much?  Lol.  Etienne is 6th right now in rushing and tied for the lead league in ypc.   He doesn't have to carry it as much as Chubb, that's what our backups are for but if we need him to carry the rock a certain amount of times in a game he won't have a problem doing it.  People act like he's a small back but he isn't and he done it in college as well.

I'm not to worried about that.  He's not going to get 25 touches a game lol.  It will very from game to game. He's 23 in his first season, Hasty is now starting to get his touches as well.  Even for the Browns, they have had Hunt and Johnson.  You act like Chubb gets all the carries, he's never even had 300 carries in a season

I'm not to worried about that.  He's not going to get 25 touches a game lol.  It will vary from game to game. He's 23 in his first season, Hasty is now starting to get his touches as well.  Even for the Browns, they have had Hunt and Johnson.  You act like Chubb gets all the carries

(10-31-2022, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nick Chubb is fun to watch in Cleveland. Has a throwback vibe to him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Doug needs to watch this game and copy their offensive game plan

....let Christian Kirk throw a bad pick?
Big Grin

(11-01-2022, 07:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 10:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And that's the question, exactly how much are the back ups going to touch the ball to spell him? How effective can they be? 

I'm not to worried about that.  He's not going to get 25 touches a game lol.  It will very from game to game. He's 23 in his first season, Hasty is now starting to get his touches as well.  Even for the Browns, they have had Hunt and Johnson.  You act like Chubb gets all the carries, he's never even had 300 carries in a season

He had 298 carries and 36 catches in 2019 lol... He's also on pace for over 300 carries this season. Hes at 149 already with 9 more games to go.

And there's a HUGE difference between the drop off from Hunt to Hasty as their back ups.

(11-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 07:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not to worried about that.  He's not going to get 25 touches a game lol.  It will very from game to game. He's 23 in his first season, Hasty is now starting to get his touches as well.  Even for the Browns, they have had Hunt and Johnson.  You act like Chubb gets all the carries, he's never even had 300 carries in a season

He had 298 carries and 36 catches in 2019 lol... He's also on pace for over 300 carries this season. Hes at 149 already with 9 more games to go.

And there's a HUGE difference between the drop off from Hunt to Hasty as their back ups.
Like I said, he's never even had 300 carries in a season.  Just because Hunt is better than Hasty doesn't mean we won't use him lol.  They obviously like Hasty or I doubt they would of traded JRob

(11-01-2022, 05:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 05:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He had 298 carries and 36 catches in 2019 lol... He's also on pace for over 300 carries this season. Hes at 149 already with 9 more games to go.

Like I said, he's never even had 300 carries in a season.  Just because Hunt is better than Hasty doesn't mean we won't use him lol.  They obviously like Hasty or I doubt they would of traded JRob

Oh he definitely had over 300 carries that season. He had carries that were called back due to penalties. They don't show up on the stat sheet but the hits still happened.