Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way Too Early - Way Too Bored - 2023 Mock Draft

(12-29-2022, 05:45 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 05:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Would be thrilled with these first two picks.

Cam Smith follows in a long line of quality So. Caro. CBs dating back to Dunta Robinson.  He's very scrappy when it comes to the ball and constantly fights to prevent the catch.  Isn't afraid to run support.

I see Washington as similar in build and athleticism to Jelani Woods.  He could be the true Y and give us more formation flexibility and better run blocking at that spot.  I don't think Arnold offers the blocking/bulk that Washington offers, and Manhertz does not provide the receiving threat that  Washington does.  I would strongly urge we still keep Engram even if we were to draft Washington or any other TE.

I'm a bit higher on Joey Porter Jr. and his tools at CB tbh and that is who I would take if we take a CB in the first round. But Smith is very good in his own right, so would be good with him also. Think at least one of them will fall to us(Though would not be stunned if Porter goes in the top 15 or even top 10 for that matter).

Make no mistake, I like Joey Porter Jr.  Even though Penn State historically has produced lousy DBs, Porter is the best CB to ever come out of Penn State.  Big, physical, has good length and bloodlines.  Had my eye on him just about all season long.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Way Too Early - Way Too Bored - 2023 Mock Draft - by Bullseye - 12-29-2022, 06:48 PM