Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way Too Early - Way Too Bored - 2023 Mock Draft

(01-17-2023, 04:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 04:02 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Nice draft class. I like doing these simulations since we learn more about prospects like Diaby and Brooks. We have just moved back to spot 24 on FanSpeak due to the victory over the Chargers. I drafted the following group beginning with pick 24:

Round 1: Broderick Jones

Round 2: O'Cyrus Torrence

Round 3: Derrick Hall

Round 4: Sam LaPorta and Tre'devious Hodges-Tomlinson

Round 5: Parker Washington

Round 6: D.J. Johnson and DeWayne McBride

Overall, I'd love to end up with this group. The strength is significantly upgrading the offensive line, although I doubt Jones will be there at pick 24. I would have preferred to take an Edge rusher earlier than round 3 since this will be the number 1 or 2 greatest need following the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Board did not allow me to do this as my philosophy is to take the BAP at positions of need each round.

Would be thrilled walking out of this draft with Jones and Torrence to shore up the offensive line. That's a lot of beef up front man. I like it. LaPorta in RD4 out of Iowa seems like a steal to me. Wasn't overly impressed with LT's nephew against the Bulldogs but his overall year was solid for TCU. Parker Washington is a solid WR prospect as well. Good picks!

Thanks. Our line has been good with pass protection lately, but they leave a lot to be desired in the run game. That's why I couldn't pass on Torrence in round 2. I agree with you about LaPorta and Washington. LaPorta seems to possess similar traits to Evan Engram in that he seems to always get open and is very good after the catch. Having both he and Engram on the field on passing downs would be tough for defenses to deal with. I was surprised Washington decided to enter the draft since he had another year of eligibility. As a Penn State fan I saw a lot of him and he is a very reliable receiver who could replace Marvin Jones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Way Too Early - Way Too Bored - 2023 Mock Draft - by jaglou53 - 01-17-2023, 05:50 PM