Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For people blaiming Pederson, you should look at the QB first.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 02:01 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

I for one have no issues with the play calling.  In fact, if the QB can execute at a regular basis I think this is a top 10 offense. The main issues are the QB is failing to execute.  We have a QB that is missing open receivers at an Alarming rate, throwing to receivers in double/triple coverage, not seeing receivers running open, and staring down receivers.  I honestly believe we would be 5-3 or even 6-2 if we had Minshew right now.  Lawrence has more talent than Minshew but is not executing on a good enough basis.  It comes down to situational football.  If the team is 1st and 10, Lawerence hits a standard pass and gets us 8 yards that leaves us at 2nd and 2.  Too often Lawrence is just missing open receivers and putting us behind the chains.  The playcalling is not the issue, it's the QB who if failing to do his job good enough.  Lets be honest about this and not wear the teal glasses on.

The alarming other issue is this far in we cannot honestly say if Lawrence is the franchise. After a season and a half there are real concerns about his future. He is missing easy throws that your average NFL Qb's can make let alone a "generational talent."  The main struggles with this offense is the QB. The head coach cant trust the QB. Lawrence is a current choke artist.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

PFF confirms the stank

[Image: l3mt4ydtr5x91.png?width=960&crop=smart&a...12b9b9cdaa]

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 02:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-31-2022, 01:43 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I for one have no issues with the play calling.  

You have no issues with the play calling?  You have no issues with passing the ball when we had 1st and goal from the 1 yard line when you team has been effective running the ball ?

You must be Darrell Bevell 

Just like Seattle in the Super Bowl, the Jags are trying to pump up Trevor's stats by having him pass when most every other team would be pounding it up the middle, especially when the NFL is allowing players to push the ball carrier in a rugby style scrum ...

Don't get me wrong, Trevor has made boneheaded plays but that play call was terrible.

(10-31-2022, 02:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 01:43 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I for one have no issues with the play calling.  

You have no issues with the play calling?  You have no issues with passing the ball when we had 1st and goal from the 1 yard line when you team has been effective running the ball ?

Just like Seattle in the Super Bowl, the Jags are trying to pump up Trevor's stats by having him pass when most every other team would be pounding it up the middle, especially when the NFL is allowing players to push the ball carrier in a rugby style scrum ...

Don't get me wrong, Trevor has made boneheaded plays but that play call was terrible.

No I do not have an issue with that.  The line of thinking is the defense knows the Jags have ran the ball effectively so they are stacking against the run. Pederson is thinking the pass will be open.  Worse case the QB throws the ball away and the team has 3 more chances to run in for the score. What you don't account for is the QB throw a bad pass into heavy coverage for the INT!

what are the PFF grades like on a team like Buff or KC? to compare how we look to them. im curious but don't pay for PFF.

If we can't trust the number one overall pick, 2nd coming of Andrew Luck, Generational QB with the football in his hands. Whether its 1st and Goal or 4th and 1 with less than a minute of time left in the game to win it?

Why is here then? It's a QB driven era of football. Why is he not able to overcome and learn from his last mistake? The same exact mistake.

We need to know if he's the guy or not sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yep, horrible play by Trevor, but very avoidable w good coaching. Pound the rock from the 1 and go up 14. Don’t get cute and look to pad stats. There was a dropped td on that drive and I think the coaches were trying to get it back for Trevor rather than just taking a 14 point lead.

(10-31-2022, 02:54 PM)icey14 Wrote: what are the PFF grades like on a team like Buff or KC? to compare how we look to them.  im curious but don't pay for PFF.

Me either, I just find links on other forums.

Playcalling like that keeps defenses on their toes. The problem is Trevor doesn't throw away the ball when its OBVIOUS that keeping the ball in play will result in an interception. There probably isn't another starting QB in the league who would have attempted that throw.

Both are to blame. A lot of those plays (that people like to complain about) would have worked with a good QB. Pederson has to realize he doesn't have a good one and he should run the ball much more.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-31-2022, 03:04 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 02:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You have no issues with the play calling?  You have no issues with passing the ball when we had 1st and goal from the 1 yard line when you team has been effective running the ball ?

Playcalling like that keeps defenses on their toes. The problem is Trevor doesn't throw away the ball when its OBVIOUS that keeping the ball in play will result in an interception. There probably isn't another starting QB in the league who would have attempted that throw.

Mahomes threw the same pass with the same results just two weeks ago. Allen threw one that was similar but not in the end zone against the Pack. So yeah, a few other QBs attempt that kind of throw.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

stafford has the same play as well but he threw it away. trevor needs to learn on 1st down live for another down.

(10-31-2022, 03:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 03:04 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Playcalling like that keeps defenses on their toes. The problem is Trevor doesn't throw away the ball when its OBVIOUS that keeping the ball in play will result in an interception. There probably isn't another starting QB in the league who would have attempted that throw.

Mahomes threw the same pass with the same results just two weeks ago. Allen threw one that was similar but not in the end zone against the Pack. So yeah, a few other QBs attempt that kind of throw.
Lamar Jackson as well. Again, not every QB is perfect. [BLEEP] happens. You just have to be able to overcome said [BLEEP] and make up for it in the game. We're not there yet. Next year though. I think we will be.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-31-2022, 03:30 PM)icey14 Wrote: stafford has the same play as well but he threw it away.  trevor needs to learn on 1st down live for another down.

You're absolutely right, but Stafford is also in the 14th year of his NFL career. Trevor has played 25 games. He can't be doing that bone headed stuff, but we have to remember the dude just turned 23 years old 2 weeks ago.

(10-31-2022, 05:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 03:30 PM)icey14 Wrote: stafford has the same play as well but he threw it away.  trevor needs to learn on 1st down live for another down.

You're absolutely right, but Stafford is also in the 14th year of his NFL career. Trevor has played 25 games. He can't be doing that bone headed stuff, but we have to remember the dude just turned 23 years old 2 weeks ago.
And no I’m not saying Trevor is at Stafford’s level but they have eerily similar stats this year and Stafford has waaaay better receivers.

(10-31-2022, 05:30 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 05:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You're absolutely right, but Stafford is also in the 14th year of his NFL career. Trevor has played 25 games. He can't be doing that bone headed stuff, but we have to remember the dude just turned 23 years old 2 weeks ago.
And no I’m not saying Trevor is at Stafford’s level but they have eerily similar stats this year and Stafford has waaaay better receivers.

Yup, Stafford has a higher comp % 70.5, less passing yards 1,763, higher average 6.8, less passing TDs 7 and more INTs 8 than Lawrence does right now.

Aaron Rodgers' numbers are similar to Lawrence's as well. Rodgers has a higher comp % 66.4, less passing yards 1,800, same average 6.6, more passing TDs 13, and less INTs 4.

Lawrence's numbers as of now are 62.5% comp, 1,840 pass yards, 6.6 average, 10 passing TDs and 6 INTs.

Also I'm not saying Lawrence is at their level right now, so don't get it twisted, but that's a really good, Super Bowl winning QB (with weapons) and another Super Bowl winning QB who happens to be one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Granted they're getting towards the tail ends of their careers (14th and 18th year), but again it points to the fact that we have to remember Trevor is only 23 years old guys.

It's only been 25 games and 17 of them were all but wasted with the worst Head Coach in NFL history.

(10-31-2022, 01:43 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: I for one have no issues with the play calling.  In fact, if the QB can execute at a regular basis I think this is a top 10 offense. The main issues are the QB is failing to execute.  We have a QB that is missing open receivers at an Alarming rate, throwing to receivers in double/triple coverage, not seeing receivers running open, and staring down receivers.  I honestly believe we would be 5-3 or even 6-2 if we had Minshew right now.  Lawrence has more talent than Minshew but is not executing on a good enough basis.  It comes down to situational football.  If the team is 1st and 10, Lawerence hits a standard pass and gets us 8 yards that leaves us at 2nd and 2.  Too often Lawrence is just missing open receivers and putting us behind the chains.  The playcalling is not the issue, it's the QB who if failing to do his job good enough.  Lets be honest about this and not wear the teal glasses on.

The alarming other issue is this far in we cannot honestly say if Lawrence is the franchise. After a season and a half there are real concerns about his future. He is missing easy throws that your average NFL Qb's can make let alone a "generational talent."  The main struggles with this offense is the QB.  The head coach cant trust the QB. Lawrence is a current choke artist.

Lot of truth in that.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 06:44 PM by nejagsfan.)

(10-31-2022, 02:57 PM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 02:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You have no issues with the play calling?  You have no issues with passing the ball when we had 1st and goal from the 1 yard line when you team has been effective running the ball ?

Yep, horrible play by Trevor, but very avoidable w good coaching. Pound the rock from the 1 and go up 14. Don’t get cute and look to pad stats. There was a dropped td on that drive and I think the coaches were trying to get it back for Trevor rather than just taking a 14 point lead.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.... Yeah they were trying the pad Trevor's stats instead of getting a touchdown... bawaaaha omg

(10-31-2022, 03:04 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

Really I've seen actual multiple quarterbacks good quarterbacks this year do the same exact thing and throw an interception in the end zone.... I saw mahones do it this year I saw Russell Wilson do it this year... I've seen Lamar Jackson do it this year... You don't watch a lot of football do you

(10-31-2022, 05:04 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Exactly and I'm seeing quarterbacks that have been in the league for 8 years doing that same throw this year It happens but we also have to remember how young Trevor is and how many games he's actually played in

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 08:45 AM by Mikey.)

(10-31-2022, 02:53 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:

No I do not have an issue with that.  The line of thinking is the defense knows the Jags have ran the ball effectively so they are stacking against the run. Pederson is thinking the pass will be open.  Worse case the QB throws the ball away and the team has 3 more chances to run in for the score. What you don't account for is the QB throw a bad pass into heavy coverage for the INT!

That's textbook overcoaching.

Do what you do well. Hand it to Etienne and take your yard, OL. Don't try to fancy-fy the offense. Punch that defense in the mouth.

(10-31-2022, 02:54 PM)icey14 Wrote: what are the PFF grades like on a team like Buff or KC? to compare how we look to them.  im curious but don't pay for PFF.

....or Joey B last night?  Wonder how OLM's doing, jumping ship to an equally faceplanting team LOL

Did we really need another Trevor thread?