Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For people blaiming Pederson, you should look at the QB first.

(10-31-2022, 02:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If we can't trust the number one overall pick, 2nd coming of Andrew Luck, Generational QB with the football in his hands. Whether its 1st and Goal or 4th and 1 with less than a minute of time left in the game to win it?

Why is here then? It's a QB driven era of football. Why is he not able to overcome and learn from his last mistake? The same exact mistake.

We need to know if he's the guy or not sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

If you are forcing that bias into the evaluation, you're setting things up for failure. You're trying to make yourself angry.

Mission accomplished, I guess.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2022, 02:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If we can't trust the number one overall pick, 2nd coming of Andrew Luck, Generational QB with the football in his hands. Whether its 1st and Goal or 4th and 1 with less than a minute of time left in the game to win it?

Why is here then? It's a QB driven era of football. Why is he not able to overcome and learn from his last mistake? The same exact mistake.

I am having those same questions. If he was a 6th round pick he would be benched.

Can't say I disagree with much of what you're saying but he's a gunslinger. He is always going to try to push the ball to that second level (not necessarily a deep shot) and he doesn't like checking down. He likes to stay aggressive. It may take a little longer but once he figures out when to be aggressive and when to hold it back, I think he will take off. 2nd half of the season is it baby!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 09:09 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-01-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:

If you are forcing that bias into the evaluation, you're setting things up for failure. You're trying to make yourself angry.

No. It's common sense. You can mince my words or interpret it however you want. It's very, very simple. Just like the other group on here that likes to bull [BLEEP] themselves into the argument of "It's not how you start, it's how you finish, if Trevor gets the lead back and the defense can't get it done then it's on them, etc".

While completely disregarding that it's a 60 minute game in total through four quarters of play. I am not trying to make myself anything. I am simply calling a spade a spade when I see it. Period. When someone tasks you to do something, when someone is entrusting you to do something? Do you get mad when you fail? Do you take accountability for something that was within your control or your hands?

Or, do you deflect and look at somebody else and blame it on them? It's a pathetic argument. Again, I DONT CARE IF IT'S 1ST AND GOAL OR 4TH AND 1 WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE. IF THE BALL IS IN YOUR HANDS DO YOUR DAMN JOB!

Period. End of discussion. Stop giving this kid a free pass every time he makes a [BLEEP] mistake. It's OKAY to criticize the play and not the play call. The play calls GOT YOU THERE to begin with. Now finish the job. He's done it twice now within a four week span. Etienne did it the previous week against the Giants. It's not just him. 

Yes, the defense needs to close it out in the 4th quarter. And, also, yes, the QB needs to stop making dumb [BLEEP] decisions when they're within striking distance. He did it in Philadelphia when they had a chance to get back in the game with the sideline INT. He did it at home against the tinhorns. He just did it again in London. He graded out as the single worst performer on offense per PFF's metrics in London. 

The only thing that makes me angry around here is the [BLEEP] blind [BLEEP] fans who just willingly accept mediocre play and mediocre results from highly drafted players and highly touted players payed millions of dollars to get the job done. Stop crowning him. He doesn't deserve it. Stop making excuses for his blunders with the football in his hands. He doesn't deserve it. 

There, NOW, mission accomplished.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-01-2022, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you are forcing that bias into the evaluation, you're setting things up for failure. You're trying to make yourself angry.

No. It's common sense. You can mince my words or interpret it however you want. It's very, very simple. Just like the other group on here that likes to bull [BLEEP] themselves into the argument of "It's not how you start, it's how you finish, if Trevor gets the lead back and the defense can't get it done then it's on them, etc".

While completely disregarding that it's a 60 minute game in total through four quarters of play. I am not trying to make myself anything. I am simply calling a spade a spade when I see it. Period. When someone tasks you to do something, when someone is entrusting you to do something? Do you get mad when you fail? Do you take accountability for something that was within your control or your hands?

Or, do you deflect and look at somebody else and blame it on them? It's a pathetic argument. Again, I DONT CARE IF IT'S 1ST AND GOAL OR 4TH AND 1 WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE. IF THE BALL IS IN YOUR HANDS DO YOUR DAMN JOB!

Period. End of discussion. Stop giving this kid a free pass every time he makes a [BLEEP] mistake. It's OKAY to criticize the play and not the play call. The play calls GOT YOU THERE to begin with. Now finish the job. He's done it twice now within a four week span. Etienne did it the previous week against the Giants. It's not just him. 

Yes, the defense needs to close it out in the 4th quarter. And, also, yes, the QB needs to stop making dumb [BLEEP] decisions when they're within striking distance. He did it in Philadelphia when they had a chance to get back in the game with the sideline INT. He did it at home against the tinhorns. He just did it again in London. He graded out as the single worst performer on offense per PFF's metrics in London. 

The only thing that makes me angry around here is the [BLEEP] blind [BLEEP] fans who just willingly accept mediocre play and mediocre results from highly drafted players and highly touted players payed millions of dollars to get the job done. Stop crowning him. He doesn't deserve it. Stop making excuses for his blunders with the football in his hands. He doesn't deserve it. 

I agree with most of this but Doug can't throw that becuase we can't trust Trevor yet, he's not good enough yet and we have one of the best running games in the league.  Doug is putting too much trust in Trevor right now and we need the same offensive game plan we had in 2017.  A run first team is what this team needs to be because Trevor just isn't that good right now.  Will he improve?  Hopefully but he isn't ready yet.  If this was a run first team from week 1 and Doug doest throw it on 1st and 1 or 2nd and 2 on the 7, we easily have 2 or 3 more wins.

(11-01-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you are forcing that bias into the evaluation, you're setting things up for failure. You're trying to make yourself angry.

You're the one buying into media hype and using that to shape where you expect him to be.

Every pre-draft writeup is ebullient praise and hyperbole of overwhelming potential.

Trevor is our QB. Full stop. He's going to make mistakes.

It's not that I accept poor play or poor results so much that I don't base my emotional wellbeing on a final score, a fourth down conversion, or a blog post deriding the team I love. Punching the wall ain't gonna make them win. Me screaming on a message board ain't gonna undo Trevor's bad pass. A strongly worded letter to the editor ain't gonna make the defense get a stop late in the game.

You want to be upset. You're upset. I choose not to be upset, we differ. We'll both be cheering on Sunday, so in that sense we can agree on something.

(11-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: No. It's common sense. You can mince my words or interpret it however you want. It's very, very simple. Just like the other group on here that likes to bull [BLEEP] themselves into the argument of "It's not how you start, it's how you finish, if Trevor gets the lead back and the defense can't get it done then it's on them, etc".

You're the one buying into media hype and using that to shape where you expect him to be.

Every pre-draft writeup is ebullient praise and hyperbole of overwhelming potential.

It's not that I accept poor play or poor results so much that I don't base my emotional wellbeing on a final score, a fourth down conversion, or a blog post deriding the team I love. Punching the wall ain't gonna make them win. Me screaming on a message board ain't gonna undo Trevor's bad pass. A strongly worded letter to the editor ain't gonna make the defense get a stop late in the game.

You want to be upset. You're upset. I choose not to be upset, we differ. We'll both be cheering on Sunday, so in that sense we can agree on something.

Some people just hate to lose, and you don't mind losing is all that it boils down too.  If we both have to take out the trash, I'm going to race you to the trash can. Some people are more competitive than others as well, everyone is different.

(11-01-2022, 10:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: You're the one buying into media hype and using that to shape where you expect him to be.

Some people just hate to lose, and you don't mind losing is all that it boils down too.  If we both have to take out the trash, I'm going to race you to the trash can. Some people are more competitive

You aren't competing. If you were you'd hate losing a whole lot more since it would be all you were doing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: No. It's common sense. You can mince my words or interpret it however you want. It's very, very simple. Just like the other group on here that likes to bull [BLEEP] themselves into the argument of "It's not how you start, it's how you finish, if Trevor gets the lead back and the defense can't get it done then it's on them, etc".

You say it's a quarter and I'll say it's a nickel and two dimes. We're on the same page. We just go about reading it out loud in different ways. Cheers.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...and-smart/

Translation: I’m gonna keep calling pass plays but he better stop throwing dumb interceptions in the end zone

(11-01-2022, 10:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 10:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: You're the one buying into media hype and using that to shape where you expect him to be.

Some people just hate to lose, and you don't mind losing is all that it boils down too.  If we both have to take out the trash, I'm going to race you to the trash can. Some people are more competitive than others as well, everyone is different.
Hahaha what a dumb comment.

A comment like that shows me you've never really played competitive sports before. Everything makes more sense.

Also. Fun fact. You're not playing for the Jags so your actions have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

(11-01-2022, 10:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some people just hate to lose, and you don't mind losing is all that it boils down too.  If we both have to take out the trash, I'm going to race you to the trash can. Some people are more competitive than others as well, everyone is different.

Or, better said, some of us just know which battles are the ones worth winning.

[Image: tenor.gif?ctx=share]

The million dollar question : Are you confident Lawrence will be the franchise QB? I would question your sanity if you do not have some doubt.

(11-01-2022, 02:36 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: The million dollar question : Are you confident Lawrence will be the franchise QB? I would question your sanity if you do not have some doubt.

Are you confident he won't be? I would question your sanity if you're starting threads and posting comments saying he won't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato