Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 9

We're cresting the season hump, all downhill from here! I only posted this because Snowy commanded it. Big Grin

PINNED: Bullseye, we miss you. Our feeble attempts to provide insightful commentary and engagement to the AFCSouth pale in comparison to the work you've done before us. We hope you can join us again soon.

Alright, on to forecasting!

Philly @ tinhorns: Hoo doggy this one ain't gonna be pretty for the Houston fans, assuming those exist. The cloud to this silver lining is that it's an Amazoncast and you have to endure 3 hours of Herbstreit to enjoy the full drubbing.

indynoplace @ PATS: I read a stat last week that Colts QB had 1 win in their first start ever dating back to the 70's. The stat didn't speak to their seconds, but I don't think Ehlinger is gonna pull off a road upset. Pretty nice when the opponent doesn't even require you to cheat to get the win, eh, Billy B?

vegas @ DUVAL: In a rematch of the first game of the 2022 NFL preseason, the Jags hope to put together a better showing than they did in Canton. McDaniels looked like a genius that day, and since then, well, not so much. Something has to give, otherwise we'll see the second tie of the season and third in the AFCS standings.

tacks @ KC: Derrick Henry is all you need to win when you're playing the tinhorns. This just in, KC are a little better than the tinhorns. The tacks are gonna need a heap of big plays to pull off the upset.

As for me and my absolutely average 11-11-1 record, I'll offer these picks:

Philly 35 @tinhorns 13: Brandin Cooks fakes a backache. The rest of the tinhorns end up with sore backsides from getting their butts kicked up and down the field for four quarters. Do we get the rare Minshew sighting in garbage time?
PATS 19 indy 13: The colts fired their OC. He didn't even call the plays! They continue to look inept, maybe they fire the mascot this week in hopes it changes things. NE doesn't even need to decide on a QB, and sneak away with the win in a stinkeroo.
vegas 23 DUVAL 21: I've been ever hopeful that the improvement leads to wins, and my TWITAFCS record has suffered for it. If I'm gonna suffer, I might as well get a little pleasure along the way. As we've been saying for weeks, this is a matchup we SHOULD win. Our pass rush SHOULD find its way home. Our home field SHOULD be an advantage. But, none of them seem to play out that way. I sure as heck hope I'm wrong.
KC 31 tacks 15: Never really this close, and Mahomes isn't about to let another AFCS team sneak in and pull off another upset.

good luck, everyone!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

overall im 15-7-1  

this week I will take  

eagles in a blowout win, blowout #1 of the week 

Raiders in blowout #2 due to fact raiders got shut out last week,and jags can't win for nothing, and are due to get blowen out.

patriots cause its in NE

chiefs  in a close game but they still win cause its in Kanas city.

also thank you Mikey

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

EAGLES
PATRIOTS
RAIDERS
CHIEFS

Last week:   2-1
Overall:       14-8-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Last week 3-0
Overall 13-8-1

Eagles over Texans
Patriots over Colts
Raiders over Jaguars
Chiefs over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

16-6-1

Seem like obvious choices this week anyway.

Birds
Pats
Raidahs
Chefs
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

13-9-1

Iggles
Pats
Chefs
Jags- I really should stop picking them but… [BLEEP] it what’s one more week gonna hurt

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2022, 08:02 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

2-1 last week, 12-9 overall.

I'll go with the eagles, pats, raiders, and kc.

I’m going with the AFCS going 0-4 this week

Eagles
Patriots
Raiders
Chiefs

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall:      14 - 8- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

Coming in at 9-13-1, late.

Congrats to the Jags for putting up a better fight than the Texans against the Eagles. It seems the Jags gave them their best test this season.

So, with one loss baked in, lets get some more:

Pats over the colts. bahahahahah, colts suck.
Tacks over Chiefs. Tacks give up on using the quarterback, and just run it with everyone. Somehow, the Chiefs have no answer.
...and....

Jags over the Raiders. As mentioned before, I can't figure out the raidahs, and I'm taking the coin flip that they lose today.

been working on other thinks this week. Missed the picks.
Chiefs are my pick for the only game left

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Henry killing KC tonight so far
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(11-02-2022, 02:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: overall im 15-7-1  

this week I will take  

eagles in a blowout win, blowout #1 of the week 

Raiders in blowout #2 due to fact raiders got shut out last week,and jags can't win for nothing, and are due to get blowen out.

patriots cause its in NE

chiefs  in a close game but they still win cause its in Kanas city.

also thank you Mikey
  3-1 this week. moves me to   18-8-1 overall.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 07:45 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-03-2022, 05:22 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: 13-9-1

Iggles
Pats
Chefs
Jags- I really should stop picking them but… [BLEEP] it what’s one more week gonna hurt

4-0 

Hell yeah… picking the jags has bit me 6 times this year( 7 if you include the one time I picked the chargers) but it was completely worth it lmbo.

Overall: 17-9-1

Edit: looking at it I would be 23-3-1 if I wasn’t such a homer but it’s still worth it

(11-02-2022, 01:07 PM)Mikey Wrote: We're cresting the season hump, all downhill from here! I only posted this because Snowy commanded it. Big Grin

PINNED: Bullseye, we miss you. Our feeble attempts to provide insightful commentary and engagement to the AFCSouth pale in comparison to the work you've done before us. We hope you can join us again soon.

[...]
As for me and my absolutely average 11-11-1 record, I'll offer these picks:

Philly 35 @tinhorns 13
PATS 19 indy 13
vegas 23 DUVAL 21
KC 31 tacks 15
good luck, everyone!

3-1, but happy to eat the L. 14-12-1 as we begin the downhill section of the season.

(11-03-2022, 11:25 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Last week 3-0
Overall 13-8-1

Eagles over Texans
Patriots over Colts
Raiders over Jaguars
Chiefs over Titans

3-1 this week
16-9-1 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-03-2022, 04:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 16-6-1

Seem like obvious choices this week anyway.

Birds
Pats
Raidahs
Chefs

3-1

19-7-1

I'm quite happy with the incorrect game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm not a pro at this like bullseye,but ill  give the top 4 in our afc south standings.    

in first place we  have   RicoTX with a overall record of   19-7-1

in seconed place 1 game back is snowwolf with a overall record of  18-8-1

in 3rd place we have Jags or die with a overall record of  17-9-1 one game behind snowwolf

in forth place we have  unfnashvillian with a overall record of  16-9-1

please note Jags or die is in 3rd cause hes not missing a game.

(11-03-2022, 07:53 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m going with the AFCS going 0-4 this week

3-1

16-10-1 overall