Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rec limits?

Sheesh. Can't even give folks credit when they post the gold.

(Praise mod) Ninja

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2022, 01:56 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Eh, I give the people I like +1's on almost anything.. It's kind of a failed system now. People would post some of the most idiotic things and recieve the down votes, then whine about it lolol

So they got rid of it to appease the bed wetters.. I think the max amount of +1's you can give have been limited for a while now, I think I ran into the problem months ago..

I admit though, I used to pretend like I was the Anola Gay and TMD was Hiroshima..
-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

TMD: "Hi guys!"

Me: -1

It's not like I didn't like him, just thought it was funny..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

LOL

I don't know anything about how that plugin works on the board, sorry.

I also still use the legacy format, and it won't let me rate/rec posts, unfortunately.

However, I also don't see the ads
Ninja

(11-02-2022, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I also still use the legacy format, and it won't let me rate/rec posts, unfortunately.

Ninja

I'mma good boy and disable the ad blocker for this site. @Gotta be sure the mods are gettin paid somehow@

(11-04-2022, 08:40 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 02:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Ninja

I'mma good boy and disable the ad blocker for this site. @Gotta be sure the mods are gettin paid somehow@

I’m assuming that neither the mods or you get a paycheck.

(11-29-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 08:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'mma good boy and disable the ad blocker for this site. @Gotta be sure the mods are gettin paid somehow@

I cut a check every now and again to keep my warning level low
....just gotta find the mod willing to take bribes.

(Spoiler: all of them have so far)

(11-04-2022, 08:40 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'mma good boy and disable the ad blocker for this site. @Gotta be sure the mods are gettin paid somehow@

The lively banter with you motley nitwits is my rich reward. 

Paycheck. Pffft

90% of my posting here in the past 2 years happens while I'm working on the computer for one of my two "real jobs" and just taking a quick break or awaiting a response in an email/phone dialogue. 

The mod thing for me - I just accepted the role when the board moved because I didn't want this place to die completely after the break from the official site. 2

(11-30-2022, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m assuming that neither the mods or you get a paycheck.

I cut a check every now and again to keep my warning level low

I do hope that you got the update regarding my mailing address.   Ninja

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-30-2022, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: I cut a check every now and again to keep my warning level low

Mail? I just get a Venmo from him every Saturday night.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-30-2022, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: I cut a check every now and again to keep my warning level low

I assumed if the check returned that you had a sudden bout of conscience.

So I saw this post of mine the other day.  I genuinely have ZERO recollection on me typing or posting this.  Re-reading the thread, I can only try to decipher what I may have meant.   I first looked at the time stamp, thinking it was something from a long while ago. Turns out just a few days. 

To Mikey and all mods, I apologize.  Truth be told, I like the mods we have, have no beef with any of them and Mikey is on my list of favorite posters.  

This post was rude and uncalled for.  Much like many other posts of mine.  But at least I stand by the others.  Again, I know this doesn’t make me look any better but I sincerely do not recall this. 

Y’all please accept my apologies for apparently being a super [BLEEP] hole.

(12-03-2022, 06:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m assuming that neither the mods or you get a paycheck.

So I saw this post of mine the other day.  I genuinely have ZERO recollection on me typing or posting this.  Re-reading the thread, I can only try to decipher what I may have meant.   I first looked at the time stamp, thinking it was something from a long while ago. Turns out just a few days. 

To Mikey and all mods, I apologize.  Truth be told, I like the mods we have, have no beef with any of them and Mikey is on my list of favorite posters.  

This post was rude and uncalled for.  Much like many other posts of mine.  But at least I stand by the others.  Again, I know this doesn’t make me look any better but I sincerely do not recall this. 

[Image: download.png]

(12-03-2022, 06:32 PM)Jags Wrote:

not speaking for the mods, but I didn't read anything bad in your tone there. Maybe a little whoosh on the sarcasm I put down, but nothing to get any feathers ruffled.

And thanks, you're not so bad yourself, except for the not letting your wife fart thing Big Grin
Praise mod Ninja

(12-05-2022, 12:26 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 06:32 PM)Jags Wrote: So I saw this post of mine the other day.  I genuinely have ZERO recollection on me typing or posting this.  Re-reading the thread, I can only try to decipher what I may have meant.   I first looked at the time stamp, thinking it was something from a long while ago. Turns out just a few days. 

not speaking for the mods, but I didn't read anything bad in your tone there. Maybe a little whoosh on the sarcasm I put down, but nothing to get any feathers ruffled.

And thanks, you're not so bad yourself, except for the not letting your wife fart thing Big Grin
Praise mod Ninja

Well, I don’t have any recollection of posting it.  When I read it, it came off as that you and the mods had no job and didn’t get a paycheck.  I know moss aren’t paid.  But doesn’t explain the you part.  I thought this was from a while back. Ya know, when all y’all were hobos.   I even went back to that date, a Tuesday, I think, and tried to figure out if I was drinking or not, nope.  But I also dropped 3 rep points overnight.  So, I guess there is a possibility of shady [BLEEP].  Just saying that post and how I took it seemed out of place/sorts.   Glad there are no hard feelings.

(12-05-2022, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: not speaking for the mods, but I didn't read anything bad in your tone there. Maybe a little whoosh on the sarcasm I put down, but nothing to get any feathers ruffled.

Praise mod Ninja

Well, I don’t have any recollection of posting it.  When I read it, it came off as that you and the mods had no job and didn’t get a paycheck.  I know moss aren’t paid.  But doesn’t explain the you part.  I thought this was from a while back. Ya know, when all y’all were hobos.   I even went back to that date, a Tuesday, I think, and tried to figure out if I was drinking or not, nope.  But I also dropped 3 rep points overnight.  So, I guess there is a possibility of shady [BLEEP].  Just saying that post and how I took it seemed out of place/sorts.   Glad there are no hard feelings.

You lost rep points?

[Image: flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 08:08 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-05-2022, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, I don’t have any recollection of posting it.  When I read it, it came off as that you and the mods had no job and didn’t get a paycheck.  I know moss aren’t paid.  But doesn’t explain the you part.  I thought this was from a while back. Ya know, when all y’all were hobos.   I even went back to that date, a Tuesday, I think, and tried to figure out if I was drinking or not, nope.  But I also dropped 3 rep points overnight.  So, I guess there is a possibility of shady [BLEEP].  Just saying that post and how I took it seemed out of place/sorts.   Glad there are no hard feelings.

You lost rep points?

In an era that that doesn’t happen, yes 3! Weird, huh?  But you rep’d one.  So I’m down 2.  Damned  the luck.  And to think, you were my favorite mod.  Now you’re one step below Mikesez, haha. Let that marinate, lol.  Guess I’ll be down to “zero” or negative shortly.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 09:48 PM by Jags.)

Nice!  Ty FSG! One more to go!  Then I’ll put you back on Mikesezn level.  You can go higher if you want.  Up to you.  No one’s countingSmile

(12-06-2022, 09:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Nice!  Ty FSG! One more to go!  Then I’ll put you back on Mikesezn level.  You can go higher if you want.  Up to you.  No one’s countingSmile

Well gosh, I wouldn't want to be seen as less than that guy.

(12-07-2022, 12:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 09:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Nice!  Ty FSG! One more to go!  Then I’ll put you back on Mikesezn level.  You can go higher if you want.  Up to you.  No one’s countingSmile

Well gosh, I wouldn't want to be seen as less than that guy.

Excuse me.. Did you just assume that person's gender?

(12-05-2022, 08:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, I don’t have any recollection of posting it.  When I read it, it came off as that you and the mods had no job and didn’t get a paycheck.  I know moss aren’t paid.  But doesn’t explain the you part.  I thought this was from a while back. Ya know, when all y’all were hobos.   I even went back to that date, a Tuesday, I think, and tried to figure out if I was drinking or not, nope.  But I also dropped 3 rep points overnight.  So, I guess there is a possibility of shady [BLEEP].  Just saying that post and how I took it seemed out of place/sorts.   Glad there are no hard feelings.

You lost rep points?

....and of course because you opened this pandora's box, I had to figure out how

(and I did)