Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I vote for Dewey Wingard to start at SS

(12-12-2022, 12:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 12:24 PM)carp8dm Wrote: LOL.  OK.  

Again, I actually provided some facts to discuss.  Yet here you are, continuing to attack me personally.  

Tom Coughlin was a cancer to this team when he came back.  That's how everyone younger than you will see it.  The reason you keep with the ad hominem is because you know you can't actually argue the facts.

Take it easy, "florida sports god"  LOL

Believe it or not, I'm a die hard Jaguars fan and I have been for a pretty long time.  Maybe instead of being an complete jerk, you could try and have a normal conversation with someone you have more in common with, than you have differences with.  

Just a thought

Tell you what, how about an olive branch. I read what I responded to in the first one and did not realize that you were only talking about his time as EVP. We can agree that those years did not turn out well because of Coughlin's style and the immaturity of the players in the locker room. As you've clarified that his other roles where he was tremendously successful were not your intent to discuss I will dismiss my grievance with your position. Fair?

I'm not here to fight with friends, my friend.  (I don't really know you, but I'm sure you're cool)

We can always disagree about [BLEEP].  But, we're all here in this city, hoping for the best.  

I don't mind being called out when I'm being an [BLEEP].  Feel free to continue to do so.  I'll hold you to the same account!

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2022, 10:59 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Cisco is going to start when he comes back.  Wingard should be our FS maybe?

They use the the safeties somewhat interchangeably, but Jenkins is primarily the SS and Cisco is primarily the FS.

You do not want Wingard to be the free safety. He's not fast enough and takes bad angles when he's in single high. 

You want Wingard in the box or taking up half of the field in cover 2 or Tampa 2 if you are going to put him out there.

Wingard does really good on those blitzes. He causes trouble.

Look at Dewey showing some leadership and talking them up. About 3:55 in the video. 

https://youtu.be/qPy9--Ba9bU

(12-13-2022, 10:10 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Look at Dewey showing some leadership and talking them up. About 3:55 in the video. 

https://youtu.be/qPy9--Ba9bU

I love these videos.  Hopefully we will have one next week after we beat Dallas

How Dewey came to be in the NFL. It definitely wasn't handed to him. Dude has the work ethic for sure. 

Link

Wingard is a free agent after this year.

He should be signed by the Jaguars. If we somehow let him walk, it's a travesty. The dude bleeds Duval

He really seems to love the team so I hope they sign him.

i didn't realize he went to the same school as Josh Allen(Buffalo) interesting.

(12-14-2022, 06:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: i didn't realize he went to the same school as Josh Allen(Buffalo) interesting.

At the same time too. Chad Muma went to the same school.

Lageman said Wingard has 4.4 speed and plays 4 core meaning all special teams except for FG protection. And he offers starter capabilities and is a high quality backup.

I really want to see Dewey keep doing well. He has so much heart and soul. I can see an argument for him starting SS, but man his coverage can be bad at times. I remember Donavan Darius wasn't very good at coverage either, but that guy could truck anyone. If Dewey can somehow reach DD's tackling capability, it won't matter that his coverage skills aren't the best.

Wingard SS next year, Cisco at FS? Jenkins cut or restructured to save $?

(12-14-2022, 08:57 PM)Kane Wrote: Wingard SS next year, Cisco at FS? Jenkins cut or restructured to save $?

I'd still draft a SS around the 4th round to have a contingency plan, but it could work as a stop-gap if they are able to scheme around Wingard's coverage issues.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 09:07 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-14-2022, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lageman said Wingard has 4.4 speed and plays 4 core meaning all special teams except for FG protection. And he offers starter capabilities and is a high quality backup.

Unless he's gotten faster since college, he ran a 4.56 for what it's worth.

I've definitely come around on him myself though. Glad he's been able to persevere while the wolves (myself included) called for him to be cut over the last couple of years.

(12-14-2022, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lageman said Wingard has 4.4 speed and plays 4 core meaning all special teams except for FG protection. And he offers starter capabilities and is a high quality backup.

Wingard does not have 4.4 speed lol.

(12-14-2022, 10:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

He ran a 4.56 to be specific

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 09:19 AM by Mikey.)

(12-14-2022, 06:26 PM)icey14 Wrote: i didn't realize he went to the same school as Josh Allen(Buffalo) interesting.

...and the human hurdle Chris Prosinski!!

(12-14-2022, 10:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

compared to lageman?

Dude's Usain Bolt.

Put him at NB on a blitz. Boom! The Dewey Decimal System specifically designed in the defensive playbook.

(12-15-2022, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:

...and the human hurdle Chris Prosinski!!

(12-14-2022, 10:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wingard does not have 4.4 speed lol.

compared to lageman?

Dude's Usain Bolt.

LOL.