Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson: Jaguars gonna surprise alot of people..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pozlosky

Considering what a chic pick the Jaguars have been I don't think surprise is what we're looking for.

A lot of people hyped up the Jaguars all offseason. The addition of Malik Jackson is a big reason for that. I am glad he did not say crazy things like, "We have one of the best defenses," or whatever Davon House said. I love his optimism.

Quote:Considering what a chic pick the Jaguars have been I don't think surprise is what we're looking for.

In my "2016 Season Records Predictions" thread, a number of posters including myself were less optimistic than the media is because of our tough schedule. Your username suggests you will be surprised either way.

Quote:In my "2016 Season Records Predictions" thread, a number of posters including myself were less optimistic than the media is because of our tough schedule. Your username suggests you will be surprised either way.

Your thread smells of drool and urine

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 08:43 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

MJD, Gregg Rosenthal, Elliot Harrison, and Adam Rank picked us to win the AFCS.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-wide-open

<b>Maurice Jones-DrewJacksonville Jaguars.</b> I think the Jags are going to return to mid-2000s form and win their first AFC South title.

<b>Gregg RosenthalJaguars.</b> The defense only needs to be average to put this team over the hump. And that unit's talent is better than average

<b>Elliot HarrisonJaguars.</b> Give me the Jaguars -- although the preseason bodes well for the Texans on several fronts. Jacksonville finally has the horses on defense to at least be viable. The offense is already capable

<b>Adam RankJaguars.</b> That defense is going to make the leap, while the offense improves on its production from last year.

I'm shocked that there are quite a bit of "analyst" that are picking the Titans to win the AFC South. That team isn't getting more than four wins. They are a run only team, with barely any receiving threats to back it up. When teams just stack eight in the box (like they did to MJD) they'll have a serious problem during games.

Quote:I'm shocked that there are quite a bit of "analyst" that are picking the Titans to win the AFC South. That team isn't getting more than four wins. They are a run only team, with barely any receiving threats to back it up. When teams just stack eight in the box (like they did to MJD) they'll have a serious problem during games.

LOL I also was surprised Judy Battista, my favorite NFL.com analyst, picked the Colts.

Quote:I'm shocked that there are quite a bit of "analyst" that are picking the Titans to win the AFC South. That team isn't getting more than four wins. They are a run only team, with barely any receiving threats to back it up. When teams just stack eight in the box (like they did to MJD) they'll have a serious problem during games.

I'll wager whatever you will take on the Titans winning more than 8
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Rankings, Predictions, What-If's, Pre-Season chest pounding and endless summer cliche's... I can't wait to get past this part of the off-season and just watch football

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 09:57 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:I'll wager whatever you will take on the Titans winning more than 8
I want to hear your reasoning for this. What makes you think they'll be that good?

It still kinda bugs me he can't pronounce Poz's last name. Maybe he has dyslexia?

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 10:25 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

The Jags have the easiest schedule in it's teams history.. Packers, Baltimore, Chargers and NO are no joke.. I can see around 10-6 11-5 especially if team stays healthy and everything goes right.. This is not sarcasm either..

Quote:It still kinda bugs me he can't pronounce Poz's last name. Maybe he has dyslexia?

How is he pronouncing it?

Quote:The Jags have the easiest schedule in its history.. Packers, Baltimore, Chargers and NO are no joke.. I can see around 10-6 11-5 especially if team stays healthy and everything goes right.. This is not sarcasm either..

You lost me on this one. We don't play against the Saints this year or have an easier schedule than all of the previous 20-something years.

W/o knowing the injury situation of teams weeks and months in advance,  it's near impossible to know whether a schedule is strong or not.   Also,  a team that's considered average or below today might be viewed vastly differently in November and December.    The 2015 Carolina Panthers come to mind as an example.

Quote:W/o knowing the injury situation of teams weeks and months in advance, it's near impossible to know whether a schedule is strong or not.  Also, a team that's considered average or below today might be viewed vastly differently in November and December. The 2015 Carolina Panthers come to mind as an example.

There is a team like those Panthers every year. The best example is the 1999 Rams. Strength of schedule is determined by the previous season's record for each team. That does not mean the NFL expects Green Bay to win every game or something like that, although an "easy" schedule just got easier in the last two weeks. We know which QBs they won't play against in three games. The question for Jacksonville is, "Will we overcome a seemingly difficult schedule?"

Quote:There is a team like those Panthers every year. The best example is the 1999 Rams. Strength of schedule is determined by the previous season's record for each team. That does not mean the NFL expects Green Bay to win every game or something like that, although an "easy" schedule just got easier in the last two weeks. We know which QBs they won't play against in three games. The question for Jacksonville is, "Will we overcome a seemingly difficult schedule?"

The skepticism surrounding the 1999 Rams because of the Rams struggles for many years prior to that increased substantially more after Trent Green went down in the 3rd pre-season game.   It was shocking how quickly they came together under Kurt Warner.   This was one time in which a performance in the final pre-season game wasn't misleading.  Warner was sensational in the final pre-season game and never looked back once the regular season began.

From a talent standpoint,  the Jaguars have the potential to have a double digit winning season.    IMO, whatever  the schedule turns out to be in terms of the quality of the opposition at the time the games are played is far down the totem pole compared to how quickly the highly talented young Defensive players develop and how well the Defensive unit overall plays together.  With so much youth on Defense,  coupled with a new Defensive Coordinator regardless that he's been on the staff previously,   some rough spots are likely.  

Quote:The Jags have the easiest schedule in it's teams history.. Packers, Baltimore, Chargers and NO are no joke.. I can see around 10-6 11-5 especially if team stays healthy and everything goes right.. This is not sarcasm either..
Where did you get this information from? This is far from true.

Quote:How is he pronouncing it?

You lost me on this one. We don't play against the Saints this year or have an easier schedule than all of the previous 20-something years.
Did you even watch the link?