Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Todd Walsh the answer?

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 03:43 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

It's time. Time for our defense "really" to be tested. Not a preseason test, or 3rd preseason game test. But a time for our defense to genuinely be tested, by a competent offense, and for a record that differentiates between those who make the playoffs and those who don't. There is no doubt that between free agency and the draft, we have bolstered and concentrated on making this defense better.  

This time last year, we were told  "This year, we built the team. It's built and it's time". Well, we found out the hard way that it wasn't built. You can barely say it was framed. Offense showed some signs of life. But, our defense...down right pathetic. Was it players, scheme, defensive coordinator, Ryan O curse? Maybe a little bit of everything. I think most would agree that Babich had to go as the defensive coordinator. Enter Todd Wash.

We've only seen a few quarters of first rounders against first rounders this preseason. I will exclude the last preseason game, as it is a glorified scrimmage. 1st and 2nd game not so bad. Let's talk about the 3rd preseason game. A game that was really supposed to give a clue as to how our defense will perform when it's all on the line. Point blank: we looked lost. Deja vu to last season. I will not accept as an excuse that we don't have enough talent and we are still rebuilding from a complete overhaul. Most of our defensive starters were signed a free agents, and had previously proven themselves with other teams. If our defense fails this year, it is on the coaches. Period. And frankly, I'm concerned. 3rd preseason game was like a gut punch. Was there less planning that should have been? Were we intentionally being vanilla so as to not show our hand with strategies? Or were we (Todd Wash) too overconfident in our players that we thought they would just "make plays" by being out on the field?

I just wanted to know what the general consensus is of how everyone thinks Wash is doing/and will do this season. I'm not sure he had proven himself enough to be given the opportunity as defensive coordinator. And just for extra thought, what has the DB's coach done for the Jaguars for the past few seasons? Between him and Wash, I'm still not counting any chickens before they hatch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Todd Walsh is definitely not the answer.

Quote:Todd Walsh is definitely not the answer.

Todd Wash might be though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 03:47 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

Quote:Todd Wash might be though

Oops. Been calling him Walsh all this time. Mods, please correct spelling in title of thread to "Wash". Thanks.

Hey I heard Malik Jackson today on NFL Network calling our starting MLB, "Potslowski". So, it's all good Banana

Will let you know at the end of the year.

We have 4 new starters and several other guys who are new that will be having prominent roles. Going to likely take a few weeks to gel, but hopefully they start off well right away.

Quote:We have 4 new starters and several other guys who are new that will be having prominent roles. Going to likely take a few weeks to gel, but hopefully they start off well right away.

Making excuses already. They had all offseason and preseason to gel.

Quote:Making excuses already. They had all offseason and preseason to gel.

That really shows how low your football IQ is.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 03:53 PM by C-Dub93.)

That is nothing compared to playing a regular season game that is gameplanned. If you seriously think that practicing and playing preseason games makes them know how to play at the top of their game together?

You just want to set things up to continue complaining. Look at what you were doing with Sitton before...dont see you saying [BLEEP] their now.

[Image: e5d6b9e9b2b119c638bd11990c0c0ede.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:...They had all offseason and preseason to gel.

From any other poster this would be a comical sarcastic post.  

Unfortunately it's just more uninformed drivel. 

Quote:That really shows how low your football IQ is.
You needed that to confirm?

Seriously, it's a new philosophy running the defense, and they're putting a lot on youth to create a pass rush. It may not be pretty right out of the box, but I doubt we saw even 10% of the defensive playbook in the preseason. I expect the defense to struggle a bit early, but as the snaps pile up, I think you'll see it gel quickly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You don't "gel" from very limited time from pre-season games, And from OTAs and training camp, pre season shows that other teams offer more than your own team does when they are all you see at TC & OTAs

After playing 4 quarters for a few games, the gelling process takes place.

Todd Walsh is not the answer because Gus not the answer.
Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

Wash is more the answer than Babich ever was.  Ramsey, Jack, Malik, Gipson, Prince, Fowler, Yannick, Day should help.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Todd Walsh is not the answer because Gus not the answer.

Pretty much this. Just another one of bobblehead Gus' ice cream buddies from North Dakota. Same crap scheme that's gonna cause Telvin or Jack to ride the bench so we can start the immortal Dan Skuta. Soft zone D with a four man rush. Rodgers is gonna light it up on Sunday.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Yeah as really afraid over on Rodgers just doing just that. But still defense does win you the game regardless.

Quote:Yeah as really afraid over on Rodgers just doing just that. But still defense does win you the game regardless.
I'm drunk, but I can't tell if its me or you.

Quote:Pretty much this. Just another one of bobblehead Gus' ice cream buddies from North Dakota. Same crap scheme that's gonna cause Telvin or Jack to ride the bench so we can start the immortal Dan Skuta. Soft zone D with a four man rush. Rodgers is gonna light it up on Sunday.
Discount Pizza Check

Quote:Todd Wash might be though

You beat me to it.

The keyword is might. We don't know what will happen to our rebuilt defense before kickoff.