Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gene Smith Era is almost done

Just take that L, JW.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What's the Packers long snappers name? I forgot
No, no, no. Ask her about the Broncos long snapper.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:No, no, no. Ask her about the Broncos long snapper.

LOL Actually I don't know his name either. End of topic.

Quote:LOL Actually I don't know his name either. End of topic.
You don't get to decide that for the rest of us.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:If you truly believe that, you're a bigger douchbag than you portray yourself to be. Was he overdrafted? Perhaps so, which wasn't something he had any control over. But, contrary to your belief, he's been a solid player which is why he's still here. And by the way, we've got a bevy of cheerleaders to demonstrate team spirit..

He's been good at what??? Behind Soward,Blackmon,Gabbert,Harvey, i have Alualu as the biggest busts in franchise history.. Honestly ask yourself what do he do? Besides the 5 to 6 plays he makes a year.. He is just a versatile body to me..

Quote:What's the Packers long snappers name? I forgot

Clever. Well played sir.

Quote:LOL Actually I don't know his name either. End of topic.

Two days ago the Packers didn't have a Long Snapper when they cutdown to 53. 

Quote:He's been good at what??? Behind Soward,Blackmon,Gabbert,Harvey, i have Alualu as the biggest busts in franchise history.. Honestly ask yourself what do he do? Besides the 5 to 6 plays he makes a year.. He is just a versatile body to me..

You're right.... They just keep him around because he has cool hair.                                         

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 12:53 AM by Joe.)

Quote:If you truly believe that, you're a bigger douchbag than you portray yourself to be. Was he overdrafted? Perhaps so, which wasn't something he had any control over. But, contrary to your belief, he's been a solid player which is why he's still here. And by the way, we've got a bevy of cheerleaders to demonstrate team spirit..
Lol Douche bag? Take it personally why don't ya.

The guys trash. I won't call you a [BLEEP] for it, but you definitely have no clue as to what a solid defensive lineman looks like.

Name a play he's made. Now, before you freak out and try to tell me what a 5 tech is, Jared Odrick made a bigger play on his 2nd game here than Tyson has made in his career (Miami game winning sack, batted ball the down before).

Jared Odrick is a good/solid Big end. Tyson Alualu gets planted on his butt, or does absolutely nothing every snap. Overdrafted is an understatement. The guy is non existent.

Quote:You're right.... They just keep him around because he has cool hair.
Certainly not for his playmaking ability.

Quote:Lol [BAD WORD REMOVED] bag? Take it personally why don't ya.

The guys trash. I won't call you a [BAD WORD REMOVED] for it, but you definitely have no clue as to what a solid defensive lineman looks like.

Name a play he's made. Now, before you freak out and try to tell me what a 5 tech is, Jared Odrick made a bigger play on his 2nd game here than Tyson has made in his career (Miami game winning sack, batted ball the down before).

Jared Odrick is a good/solid Big end. Tyson Alualu gets planted on his butt, or does absolutely nothing every snap. Overdrafted is an understatement. The guy is non existent.

Here's a list of the plays he's made. It looks like your "he hasn't done a thing" schtick isn't exactly correct.... Go figure.

2010 season
In the first game of the regular season on September 12, Alualu recorded his first career NFL sack in a 24–17 victory over the Denver Broncos. Over the course of the season Alualu started all 16 games, recording a total of 38 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Following his rookie year, he was named to All-Rookie teams by <i>National Football Post</i>, <i>Pro Football Weekly</i> and <i><a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sporting_News' title="The Sporting News">The Sporting News</a></i>.<sup>[12]</sup><sup>[13]</sup><sup>[14]</sup>

2011 season
In 2011, he started all 16 games with 40 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 pass defended, and a fumble recovery returned for 7 yards.

2012 season
In 2012, he started all 16 games with 45 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 pass defended, and 1 fumble recovery.

2013 season
In May 2013 during organized team activities, head coach Gus Bradley announced that Alualu would move to defensive end.<sup>[15]</sup>

2014 season
Alualu played all 16 games in 2014 making 30 tackles and 2 sacks.

2015 season
On March 7, 2015, the Jaguars re-signed Alualu to a two-year, $6 million contract.<sup>[16]</sup> During the 2015 season, he played all 16 games starting 14 of them, making 26 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 passes defended, and a fumble recovery.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Such a long and annoying 3 years to go through.

New Jersey Jaguars fan.

Quote:Jared Odrick is a good/solid Big end. Tyson Alualu gets planted on his butt, or does absolutely nothing every snap. Overdrafted is an understatement. The guy is non existent.

Jared Odrick was picked late in the first round of that same draft. In that draft, Gene Smith could have traded down with SF (the SF GM stated that he offered the Jags a trade), netted an additional pick, and either taken Alualu three picks later if he wasn't taken by Miami or traded down again with San Diego and gotten Odrick like Miami did.

In the second case, the extra pick would have allowed the Jags to draft Sean Lee, who they were very high on. The Jags didn't have a second round pick that year because they traded it for the chance to pick Derek Cox they previous draft.

In the 21010 draft, Gene Smith took two DTs before Cincy took Geno Atkins.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Here's a list of the plays he's made. It looks like your "he hasn't done a thing" schtick isn't exactly correct.... Go figure.

2010 season
In the first game of the regular season on September 12, Alualu recorded his first career NFL sack in a 24–17 victory over the Denver Broncos. Over the course of the season Alualu started all 16 games, recording a total of 38 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Following his rookie year, he was named to All-Rookie teams by <i>National Football Post</i>, <i>Pro Football Weekly</i> and <i>The Sporting News</i>.<sup>[12]</sup><sup>[13]</sup><sup>[14]</sup>

2011 season
In 2011, he started all 16 games with 40 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 pass defended, and a fumble recovery returned for 7 yards.

2012 season
In 2012, he started all 16 games with 45 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 pass defended, and 1 fumble recovery.

2013 season
In May 2013 during organized team activities, head coach Gus Bradley announced that Alualu would move to defensive end.<sup>[15]</sup>

2014 season
Alualu played all 16 games in 2014 making 30 tackles and 2 sacks.

2015 season
On March 7, 2015, the Jaguars re-signed Alualu to a two-year, $6 million contract.<sup>[16]</sup> During the 2015 season, he played all 16 games starting 14 of them, making 26 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 passes defended, and a fumble recovery.

None of those seasons stand out. Compare his totals in 2014 with Odrick's in 2015, and compare his totals in 2015 with Marks in 2014, since he played the same positions. He's a serviceable backup, just a guy, easily replaceable by some other DT.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I hope they keep Alualu forever just to keep the children in diapers.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I hope they keep Alualu forever just to keep the children in diapers.

They should put him in the Pride after he retires a Jag in 2025. Right next to Jean Smiff.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 11:12 AM by Minorcan.)

Quote:I hope they keep Alualu forever just to keep the children in diapers.
And then put him in the pride.  :yes:

Edit: Jerrad beat me to it.  Blush

Quote:They should put him in the Pride after he retires a Jag in 2025. Right next to Jean Smiff.
Ah man. 

Quote:They should put him in the Pride after he retires a Jag in 2025. Right next to Jean Smiff.

I think a fan needs to do this.  Hang a banner on the end zone.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Alualu is one of those players that's versatile and dependable, but doesn't make a lot of splash plays due to his role. You'd miss him if he wasn't in there though.