Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tacks fire Jon Robinson

Wow! Shocking considering the fact that he has turned that franchise around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did the owners only now realize that the Titans have a ceiling? I thought they new but didn't care as long as they won enough and regularly got to the playoffs?

Maybe they were fooled by getting the No. 1 seed last year?

Vrabel will be next. Hopefully we sweep them this year. Take full control of the AFC South starting next year and reign dominant for the next decade+.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-06-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Vrabel will be next. Hopefully we sweep them this year. Take full control of the AFC South starting next year and reign dominant for the next decade+.

Not sure about this. Vrabel has been one of the better coaches in the league despite the lack of talent that they've had....

Didnt they have like the most injured team last year?

(12-06-2022, 04:13 PM)MyKids Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Vrabel will be next. Hopefully we sweep them this year. Take full control of the AFC South starting next year and reign dominant for the next decade+.

Not sure about this. Vrabel has been one of the better coaches in the league despite the lack of talent that they've had....

It's never good for a long time coach when the GM gets fired. Even if Vrabel gets another year what does he have to achieve to stick around with a GM that didn't hire him?

If the Jaguars get their personnel department and/or defense straight we'll be running the division, where does that leave a guy like Vrabel?

(12-06-2022, 04:13 PM)MyKids Wrote:

Sometimes being good enough just isn't enough. We've seen a lot of coaches like Vrabel over the years have moderate success but never make the actual run that teams need and owners covet. Andy Reid's stint with the Eagles jumps out. Mike Zimmer's stint with the Vikings also jumps out. Mike Smith with the Falcons, etc. 

(12-07-2022, 07:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 04:13 PM)MyKids Wrote: Not sure about this. Vrabel has been one of the better coaches in the league despite the lack of talent that they've had....

It's never good for a long time coach when the GM gets fired. Even if Vrabel gets another year what does he have to achieve to stick around with a GM that didn't hire him?

If the Jaguars get their personnel department and/or defense straight we'll be running the division, where does that leave a guy like Vrabel?

Exactly. Most teams are not afraid of making moves like this. Philadelphia made a decision to cut ties with Pederson and we all laughed when Sirianni was talking about systems and stuttering like Porky the Pig during his first press conference. He's now the crowned prince of the NFC and looking like the 2nd coming of Sean McVay.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 09:27 AM by NewJagsCity.)

Good. I hope Vrabel is next, and I hope the Tacks hire their own version of Gus Bradley and Gene Smith. Would love to see that franchise circle the drain for a few years. Can't happen soon enough.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 11:01 AM by MyKids.)

(12-06-2022, 04:13 PM)MyKids Wrote: Not sure about this. Vrabel has been one of the better coaches in the league despite the lack of talent that they've had....

Usually when a owner fires the GM she fires the whole front office that he had hired, but thats not the case in this scenario.

Reports are coming out that Vrabel had a fall out with the GM for trading almost all the star players and getting little to nothing in return. This seems like a Texans Bill O'Brien situation where the Tacks give Vrabel full control of all the decisions and its going to blow into their ugly faces. It's never a good thing when coaches try to get involved in other stuff outside of their jobs.

(12-06-2022, 02:50 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Did the owners only now realize that the Titans have a ceiling? I thought they new but didn't care as long as they won enough and regularly got to the playoffs?

Maybe they were fooled by getting the No. 1 seed last year?

I like the fact that their owner isnt settling for only "good enough" like our dumb owner.

This is a bold move and I respect it.

He shoulda been fired the moment he traded away AJ Brown.

(12-07-2022, 12:09 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He shoulda been fired the moment he traded away AJ Brown.

Or the moment they gave up Corey Davis for an aged Julio Jones. Lol

Falcons screwed them and I love it.

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 02:08 PM by Opus74.)

So all you need to do is replace half the team and straighten out the front office and you're good to go! Laughing

Gotcha!  Let me know how that works out for you

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 03:26 PM by Mikey.)

(12-07-2022, 09:27 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Good.  I hope Vrabel is next, and I hope the Tacks hire their own version of Gus Bradley and Gene Smith.  Would love to see that franchise circle the drain for a few years.  Can't happen soon enough.

Oh my, yes.

One thousand times, yes.

Note that they did this move before any 'get right' game somewhere on the upcoming schedule might confuse the ownership to thinking that things were going to be fine.

(12-07-2022, 12:09 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: He shoulda been fired the moment he traded away AJ Brown.

Definitely.   AJ Brown came into Nashville and kicked the Titans [BLEEP] with 8 receptions 119 yards and 2 TDs

I hope we sweep those bastards, too.  In embarrassing fashion.

But do you see that happening?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Speaking of firing GMs, I recall many people turning up their noses as Rick Spielman as our next GM.

I look at it like this:

If he can build a team that could muster home field advantage in the NFC championhip game with Case freaking Keenum, I'll take my chances in the same position with Trevor Lawrence.

(12-07-2022, 05:48 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Definitely.   AJ Brown came into Nashville and kicked the Titans [BLEEP] with 8 receptions 119 yards and 2 TDs

I smiled when they traded him.  I'm smiling now.

What a horrible trade. Wow.