Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Shad Khan is ready to fire Trent Balke (Rumor)

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 11:10 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2022, 10:54 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Pederson was a great choice. This team has improved. Everyone is in panic mode because of the lions game,  but the rest of the season has been solid and could have been a lot different with all those tight losses.

LOL.  ‘Panic mode’.  Yes, I’m clearly panicking because people are proclaiming him ‘the right choice’ and then citing that ‘they are improving’ while using Meyer as a comparison point.  It would be hard for them NOT to have improved over last year.  It was a complete [BLEEP] show.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2022, 10:54 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Pederson was a great choice. This team has improved. Everyone is in panic mode because of the lions game,  but the rest of the season has been solid and could have been a lot different with all those tight losses.

Defense lost the Lions game, hands down. Pederson says he doesn't get involved with defensive game planning, he leaves that to Caldwell. It was Caldwell who lost that game. 

On a side note, Coach Campos on the radio mentioned Zay Jones was nursing a chest injury which may explain his drops. As Campos explained it, Jones was subconsciously dropping those passes to avoid getting hit after the catch.

(12-10-2022, 11:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Defense lost the Lions game, hands down. Pederson says he doesn't get involved with defensive game planning, he leaves that to Caldwell. It was Caldwell who lost that game. 

On a side note, Coach Campos on the radio mentioned Zay Jones was nursing a chest injury which may explain his drops. As Campos explained it, Jones was subconsciously dropping those passes to avoid getting hit after the catch.

What kills me about Zay Jones is that we have other weapons.  If Zay was that injured, I wish we would have let Agnew get more opportunities and let Zay sit and heal.  I get it though, after a game like he had against Baltimore, it would have been hard to leave off out of the game plan

Yeah that makes sense about Zay. He normally has hands of glue.

(12-09-2022, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 08:18 PM)MyKids Wrote: For every Kraft, Rooney, Packers Inc., Jones, Bowlen, Bisciotti, and Allen, we have a Snyder, Johnson, Haslam, Ford, and Brown.

The things shared in common by the worst owners include putting out an awful or subpar product, constant losing seasons, constant interference in the team’s football operations (with some being their own GMs, and is made worse if they don’t know anything about football), alienating their longtime fans, clashing with the coaches or players, having a toxic work environment, and others. Guess who makes that list? The clown himself Khan.

Shad Khan is slowly going to the worst list. Only 1 season of success due to hiring the wrong people and holding them too long, and also hiring Urban Meyer LMAO!!!!!!

cite your source on direct quotes, but if I had to guess, Alfie's blog?
Again, "least successful" is not "worst".

I grew up in Cleveland. The franchise enjoyed success, but was run by a [bleep]heel of an owner. If you disagreed with him, or didn't want to play for pennies, you were out, no matter how good you may have been (Paul Brown, Marty Schottenheimer, Earnest Byner come to mind immediately). He did little to build up the community, especially if it didn't yield a return. When the city finally decided they weren't going to foot the bill for his new playground, he took his ball and left, with no concern for city, fans, players, or anything else, other than his dollars. 

Gimme Shad any day of the week.

Cite my source? Did you not see Urban Meyers team? Lol.

Keep drinking the teal koolaid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-09-2022, 08:04 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 06:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Alot of finger pointing going on

Fun fact. 

The Jags have been historically bad under Shad Khan.  The only common denominator is Shad Khan. He seems like a nice guy while caring about the team. It just seems to be out of his league to obtain success in the NFL.  He is a great salesmen and very smart business man. That does not mean he has the Know how to run a successful Sports organization.  I really do hope I am wrong. I hope to come back this time next year with you guys telling me I was wrong. I just cannot currently see that happening.

Biggest common denominator though is the flailing away trying to find a franchise QB since Brunell left.

IIRC the only first round QB we've taken to earn a second contract with the team was Bortles, and we can all agree that was a catastrophic error in judgment.

Beyond that, ownership don't matter, GMs don't matter, coaches don't matter. You find a franchise QB, and all the wrinkles any of those other guys have start to smooth out just fine. Everyone here holds Ozzie Newsome in high regard as a GM, but how many remember that he spent a first round pick on Kyle Boller? Or the example I used before, Dean Spanos. The Bolts have been blessed with VERY good QBs over the past two decades, but he is a terrible, cheap, owner that probably robbed fans of a lot to cheer for by failing to spend and build. But, because Rivers and Herbert have been among the top at their craft, few hold him as accountable as owners like Shad.

(12-10-2022, 09:53 PM)MyKids Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote: cite your source on direct quotes, but if I had to guess, Alfie's blog?
Again, "least successful" is not "worst".

Cite my source? Did you not see Urban Meyers team? Lol.

Keep drinking the teal koolaid.

Whether or not I sat through the Urban Blight matters not when you are pulling in a block of obviously slanted commentary that is not your own.

Good try at deflection, though, kool aid. That's a good one. I guess that's a convincing argument.