Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brittany Griner exchanged for Viktor Bout

Well, they did it. The Biden administration exchanged a WNBA player for one of the most prolific arms dealers in the world who sold weapons intended to kill Americans. 

Griner is freed while another American still rots in a Russian prison. We all know why.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...oner-swap/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 09:51 AM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

Griners trade value has really decreased over the years. I think we overpaid a little bit. Russia got not only a shooter back but the guy can also deal.

Disgusting
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We swapped out The Merchant of Death, for that piece of [BLEEP]?

It was one of creepy joes campaign promises to his partner in crime putin.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

SMH
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We swapped an Arms Dealer for a WNBA player. Who is negotiating these trades? Gene Smith? Trent Baalke?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-08-2022, 11:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We swapped an Arms Dealer for a WNBA player. Who is negotiating these trades? Gene Smith? Trent Baalke?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Much, much worse

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 11:52 AM by Lucky2Last.)

(12-08-2022, 09:43 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Griners trade value has really decreased over the years. I think we overpaid a little bit. Russia got not only a shooter back but the guy can also deal.

This gem was not lost on me.

This administration is so terrible.

Wonder how The Ukraine feels about this? Probably pissed, but more than willing to continue to collect those blank checks.

The people there are the ones that are suffering. I'm sure they don't like it... but the Ukraine government is corrupt as they come. They are lucky there are plenty of patriots and NAZIs in that country ready to take up arms and fight the battle for the West.

(12-08-2022, 11:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The people there are the ones that are suffering. I'm sure they don't like it... but the Ukraine government is corrupt as they come. They are lucky there are plenty of patriots and NAZIs in that country ready to take up arms and fight the battle for the West.

LOL love the sarcasm.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 03:32 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

Russia is still holding a retired Marine, but hey they got the racist anti-American transvestite back,. I am beginning to hate this country.

https://twitter.com/clownworld_/status/1...9ue5Dt_PRA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

READ IT: Heartbreaking Statement From Family of Marine Left Behind in Russia

The family of Paul Whelan, the former U.S. Marine who has been wrongfully detained in a Russian prison since 2018, released a statement this morning after President Joe Biden announced the release of WNBA player Brittney Griner. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli...amlY1D83mI
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 05:02 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-08-2022, 09:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, they did it. The Biden administration exchanged a WNBA player for one of the most prolific arms dealers in the world who sold weapons intended to kill Americans. 

Griner is freed while another American still rots in a Russian prison. We all know why.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...oner-swap/

HB, sadly you called this one early on in another thread.

I'm sure there will be parades and rejoicing in queer town tonight over this. I expect to see wall to wall coverage on ESPN as well, touting his/her/they/them bravery and resilience, and blah blah.....bleech. There is no doubt where the loyalties of this administration lies. They favor the weak and the freak over the strong and patriotic. A druggie lesbian over a Marine. And to release a known terrorist to boot. I don't know what is left to say, other than that these treasonous clowns need to be expelled in 2024. All of them.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 05:27 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

When you run a society that is committed to openness and fairness, and you have an adversary that is not, any prisoner exchange between the two of you might be highly uneven.
Look at Israel and Hamas, for example.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 05:40 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 6 times in total.)

(12-08-2022, 05:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: When you run a society that is committed to openness and fairness, and you have an adversary that is not, any prisoner exchange between the two of you might be highly uneven.

If you are referring to the 2011 deal where 1 Isreali was traded for 1027 prisoners, then I submit to you that that was a terrible deal by the Isrealies, and they should be ashamed for doing it. They spit in the face of all the families that were murdered by some of those prisoners. Plus the comparison is ridiculous. We got back an America-hating druggie while leaving a Marine behind and releasing a murderous terrorist to boot. I'd hardly call an exchange like that 'fairness'. And ii you're still going to attempt to defend it, then no offense, but you might need a recalibration of your moral compass.

(12-08-2022, 05:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 05:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: When you run a society that is committed to openness and fairness, and you have an adversary that is not, any prisoner exchange between the two of you might be highly uneven.

If you are referring to the 2011 deal where 1 Isreali was traded for 1027 prisoners, then I submit to you that that was a terrible deal by the Isrealies, and they should be ashamed for doing it.  They spit in the face of all the families that were murdered by some of those prisoners.  Plus the comparison is ridiculous.  We got back an America-hating druggie while leaving a Marine behind and releasing a murderous terrorist to boot.  I'd hardly call an exchange like that 'fairness'. And ii you're still going to attempt to defend it, then no offense, but you might need a recalibration of your moral compass.

I'm not defending it.  I'm saying it was the only deal available.

(12-08-2022, 06:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 05:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If you are referring to the 2011 deal where 1 Isreali was traded for 1027 prisoners, then I submit to you that that was a terrible deal by the Isrealies, and they should be ashamed for doing it.  They spit in the face of all the families that were murdered by some of those prisoners.  Plus the comparison is ridiculous.  We got back an America-hating druggie while leaving a Marine behind and releasing a murderous terrorist to boot.  I'd hardly call an exchange like that 'fairness'. And ii you're still going to attempt to defend it, then no offense, but you might need a recalibration of your moral compass.

I'm not defending it.  I'm saying it was the only deal available.
I guess my question is; if that was the only deal available and we just played our best hand to get a [BLEEP] basketball player on a puffed up drug charge back, what could we possibly have to give to get Paul back now? We just handed over one of the worlds most wanted criminal/terrorists. What other cards do have…. As far as people, None to my knowledge. So now what? we start bending on policies to try and gain leverage. This was [BLEEP] stupid at best.

(12-08-2022, 07:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 06:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not defending it.  I'm saying it was the only deal available.
I guess my question is; if that was the only deal available and we just played our best hand to get a [BLEEP] basketball player on a puffed up drug charge back, what could we possibly have to give to get Paul back now? We just handed over one of the worlds most wanted criminal/terrorists. What other cards do have…. As far as people, None to my knowledge. So now what? we start bending on policies to try and gain leverage. This was [BLEEP] stupid at best.

There's still plenty.  Lots of bank accounts that could conceivably be unfrozen.  A state department official could unequivocally say that some or all of Crimea is Russian.  Russia won't stop having things it would like for the US to do, not in our lifetimes.  The question for us is always the same: does making that deal incentivize them to arrest more of our people? 
And remember, whether it was due to concern about precedent, or just plain lack of care, Trump also failed to get Paul Whelan back.