Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brittany Griner exchanged for Viktor Bout

(12-08-2022, 07:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 07:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I guess my question is; if that was the only deal available and we just played our best hand to get a [BLEEP] basketball player on a puffed up drug charge back, what could we possibly have to give to get Paul back now? We just handed over one of the worlds most wanted criminal/terrorists. What other cards do have…. As far as people, None to my knowledge. So now what? we start bending on policies to try and gain leverage. This was [BLEEP] stupid at best.

There's still plenty.  Lots of bank accounts that could conceivably be unfrozen.  A state department official could unequivocally say that some or all of Crimea is Russian.  Russia won't stop having things it would like for the US to do, not in our lifetimes.  The question for us is always the same: does making that deal incentivize them to arrest more of our people? 
And remember, whether it was due to concern about precedent, or just plain lack of care, Trump also failed to get Paul Whelan back.
They gave up the Merchant of [BLEEP] Death for a WNBA player that's sexually confused, hates our Country and is a druggie.

A bad trade is a bad trade. Can't wait for this clown show to be out of office after 2024.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know if it's true or not, not posting anything unless it is, but.

It's rumored that Russia gave Biden a choice of which to bring home and Biden chose.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 08:49 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-08-2022, 07:00 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I guess my question is; if that was the only deal available and we just played our best hand to get a [BLEEP] basketball player on a puffed up drug charge back, what could we possibly have to give to get Paul back now? We just handed over one of the worlds most wanted criminal/terrorists. What other cards do have…. As far as people, None to my knowledge. So now what? we start bending on policies to try and gain leverage. This was [BLEEP] stupid at best.

There's still plenty.  Lots of bank accounts that could conceivably be unfrozen.  A state department official could unequivocally say that some or all of Crimea is Russian.  Russia won't stop having things it would like for the US to do, not in our lifetimes.  The question for us is always the same: does making that deal incentivize them to arrest more of our people? 
And remember, whether it was due to concern about precedent, or just plain lack of care, Trump also failed to get Paul Whelan back.

Because he wouldn't give them Viktor Bout. The Russians played Biden and the Democrat's identity-centrist politics like a fiddle. Americans travel in and out of Russia every day, but once they saw a 6'9" WNBA black lesbian married to another woman was on a flight manifest into the country, they knew they had the perfect candidate for a deal to a President and party who place identity politics above actual worth. 

Of course, Biden would agree. The Russians knew this would play well to the sycophantic American media and Democrat voters. Hell, if anything, they probably advised Biden to play along with the "negotiations" for just a little while to give the impression Biden was playing hardball.  

Russia - 1, Democrats - 1, America - 0

To wit:
https://twitter.com/rweingarten/status/1...e-3nckFYCA

I picked a heck of a day to stop drinking.

This might go down as the worst trade in WNBA history (shamelessly stolen).

On a side note: Saw an MSNBC headline that read something like: It's not good enough to bring Griner home; She deserves compensation.

I guess Biden never read “The Art of the Deal”.

Biden's so far [BLEEP] gone now mentally we all know he's not making these choices.

Then again, Hunter turned out to be a real all star of a son for him so maybe it was just personal for him.

Again. A bad trade is a bad trade.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 10:23 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 5 times in total.)

How could the state department for the United States give Russia a portion of a country that is not our territory? That makes no sense. I was referring to an exchange of people. And let’s be honest, even Whelan and BG for Victor was grossly uneven. But exchanging a prisoner for another country(that isn’t ours to give) is insane. 

I’d give them California and AOC in a heartbeat

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 09:40 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-09-2022, 12:22 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 07:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's still plenty.  Lots of bank accounts that could conceivably be unfrozen.  A state department official could unequivocally say that some or all of Crimea is Russian.  Russia won't stop having things it would like for the US to do, not in our lifetimes.  The question for us is always the same: does making that deal incentivize them to arrest more of our people? 

How could the state department for the United States give Russia a portion of a country that is not the our territory? Thy makes no sense. I was referring to exchange of people. And let’s be honest, even Whelan and BG for Victor was grossly uneven. But exchanging a prisoner for another country(that isn’t ours to give) is insane. 

I’d give them California and AOC in a heartbeat

There are two ways to determine whose land is whose.
One is, who controls it.  Russia controls Crimea.  For now.
The other is, ask around.  Everyone says Crimea belongs to Ukraine.  But if some people, some important people, start saying Crimea belongs to Russia,  that changes.
I'm not suggesting that I would give the US stance on Crimea away for the return of a single prisoner, not at all, I'm just saying this is one of many points that could possibly be part of future deals.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We should have left that country-hating piece of [BLEEP] where he/she/whatever was.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Take this at whatever value you wish, but a lot of it ain't wrong.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/...claim.html
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-08-2022, 02:14 PM)Ronster Wrote: Russia is still holding a retired Marine, but hey they got the racist anti-American transvestite back,. I am beginning to hate this country.

https://twitter.com/clownworld_/status/1...9ue5Dt_PRA

I don't think you're *beginning* to hate, I'd guess that goes way back.

Exchanging prisoners in this fashion does set a bad precedent, it's going to encourage more hostage taking going forward. With that said, I'm betting anyone who has a loved one released via a prisoner exchange would be happy and grateful.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

That's a great way to think in your day to day interactions. It's a terrible way to determine foreign policy.

(12-09-2022, 07:38 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:14 PM)Ronster Wrote: Russia is still holding a retired Marine, but hey they got the racist anti-American transvestite back,. I am beginning to hate this country.

Exchanging prisoners in this fashion does set a bad precedent, it's going to encourage more hostage taking going forward. With that said, I'm betting anyone who has a loved one released via a prisoner exchange would be happy and grateful.

And the families of loved ones killed by Viktor Bouts dealings are not happy and grateful.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 08:26 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(12-09-2022, 07:38 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

C'mon man.

We gave up a known arms dealer responsible for countless deaths and left a Marine behind in order to bring home a druggie WNBA player who knew the rules regarding entering Russia with contraband, did it anyway, and then cried for the country she is ON RECORD as hating to bring her back.

From this point forward, there can NEVER be another Democrat advocating for gun control / banning after their party did this deal.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-09-2022, 08:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 07:38 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don't think you're *beginning* to hate, I'd guess that goes way back.

C'mon man.

We gave up a known arms dealer responsible for countless deaths and left a Marine behind in order to bring home a druggie WNBA player who knew the rules regarding entering Russia with contraband, did it anyway, and then cried for the country she is ON RECORD as hating to bring her back.

From this point forward, there can NEVER be another Democrat advocating for gun control / banning after their party did this deal.
Wait. Smoking weed makes you a druggie?

Better start calling posters on this board a “druggie”!

Keep fighting the good fight, Cletus.

(12-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 08:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: C'mon man.

Wait. Smoking weed makes you a druggie?

Ok, I'll play. Drop the druggie reference.

Does that invalidate the rest of the post?

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 10:57 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-09-2022, 09:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait. Smoking weed makes you a druggie?

Ok, I'll play.  Drop the druggie reference.

Oh not at all.

Bad trade. Arms dealer for a WNBA player? Bad trade but you’re not a “druggie” if you smoke weed.

Happy Holidays!

(12-09-2022, 10:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 09:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Ok, I'll play.  Drop the druggie reference.

Oh not at all.

Bad trade. Arms dealer for a WNBA player? Bad trade but you’re not a “druggie” if you smoke weed.

Happy Holidays!

And to you!