Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brittany Griner exchanged for Viktor Bout

Can she (really a he) fail the medical physical and have to be sent back and the trade be voided?

Check twitter if you want to see an old and 1 mix tape of him playing basketball. It's a very good fake if it's not real.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 04:51 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2022, 10:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 09:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Ok, I'll play.  Drop the druggie reference.

Does that invalidate the rest of the post?
Oh not at all.

Bad trade. Arms dealer for a WNBA player? Bad trade but you’re not a “druggie” if you smoke weed.

Happy Holidays!

What I don't get is that if you are a 'finely tuned' athlete playing in the WNBA, then what in hell are you doing smoking/vaping anything? Last I checked, inhaling smoke into your lungs doesn't help them achieve peak performance in a sport as demanding as basketball.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-10-2022, 04:51 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 10:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh not at all.

Bad trade. Arms dealer for a WNBA player? Bad trade but you’re not a “druggie” if you smoke weed.

Happy Holidays!

What I don't get is that if you are a 'finely tuned' athlete playing in the WNBA, then what in hell are you doing smoking/vaping anything?  Last I checked, inhaling smoke into your lungs doesn't help them achieve peak performance in a sport as demanding as basketball.
Ricky Williams smoked weed every day and ran for 1,800 yards.

I think you would be shocked at how many athletes smoke weed (not directly before the game of course) and then go out there and perform at a high level.

Let me preface this by saying it's not her fault she is the way she is, but I just gotta say, listening to her talk is spooky. I hear her talk, and can't get past the feeling that I'm listening to a man. She sounds a lot like Tiger Woods.

(12-10-2022, 08:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 04:51 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: What I don't get is that if you are a 'finely tuned' athlete playing in the WNBA, then what in hell are you doing smoking/vaping anything?  Last I checked, inhaling smoke into your lungs doesn't help them achieve peak performance in a sport as demanding as basketball.
Ricky Williams smoked weed every day and ran for 1,800 yards.

I think you would be shocked at how many athletes smoke weed (not directly before the game of course) and then go out there and perform at a high level.

Fracking pansies smoking their wacky weed. Real men light the next heater with the last one.

[Image: len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Honestly, as a weed smoker myself, I don't care.. I fell for that whole 'Nancy Reagan, Just Say No' hype as a kid and stuck with it throughout all of my childhood and into most of my adulthood.

Not saying it was a lie, I get it, just say no to drugs. But weed, helps way more people than it hurts. After all the damn surgeries that I had? lolol.. I'd much rather smoke a joint than pop any of those pain pills, that's the truth..

Hell, I'll smoke myself a nice sativa and it'll dull my pain enough to make me wanna get out in the yard and do some yard work..

Ever since I started smokin, my front yard could be featured in Better Homes & Gardens..

Smoke up!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-10-2022, 01:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, as a weed smoker myself, I don't care.. I fell for that whole 'Nancy Reagan, Just Say No' hype as a kid and stuck with it throughout all of my childhood and into most of my adulthood.

Not saying it was a lie, I get it, just say no to drugs. But weed, helps way more people than it hurts. After all the damn surgeries that I had? lolol.. I'd much rather smoke a joint than pop any of those pain pills, that's the truth..

Hell, I'll smoke myself a nice sativa and it'll dull my pain enough to make me wanna get out in the yard and do some yard work..

Ever since I started smokin, my front yard could be featured in Better Homes & Gardens..

Smoke up!!

To be fair, Nancy's campaign was aimed at kids and it's a good thing you abstained until your brain was fully developed. That was the goal. 

I met Nancy once and she surreptitiously pushed a baggie into my hand and told me to have fun, "You're beyond hope, kid." Ronnie just grinned and nodded.

(12-10-2022, 02:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 01:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, as a weed smoker myself, I don't care.. I fell for that whole 'Nancy Reagan, Just Say No' hype as a kid and stuck with it throughout all of my childhood and into most of my adulthood.

Smoke up!!

To be fair, Nancy's campaign was aimed at kids and it's a good thing you abstained until your brain was fully developed. That was the goal. 

I met Nancy once and she surreptitiously pushed a baggie into my hand and told me to have fun, "You're beyond hope, kid." Ronnie just grinned and nodded.

That's a good way to think about it..

(12-10-2022, 02:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Smoke up!!

Also, in the 80s, cocaine was way more popular than it is now.  And that stuff will hook you and kill you.  If the Reagans reduced the number of people interested in cocaine, that was also a good thing.

But yeah, the time for that simple "just say no" message has passed and we need to figure out ways to tackle the massive opioid abuse we now have, without demonizing the users.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Smoke up!!
When I was a teenager, my dad said that weed is fine because he still smokes it. Wake and bake kinda guy.

But he said if I ever even tried to do cocaine or heroine, he would beat me into the ground. Then he told me the Len Bias story and I never touched the stuff in my life.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 03:27 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2022, 03:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Smoke up!!
When I was a teenager, my dad said that weed is fine because he still smokes it. Wake and bake kinda guy.

But he said if I ever even tried to do cocaine or heroine, he would beat me into the ground. Then he told me the Len Bias story and I never touched the stuff in my life.

Not gonna lie, I experimented later on in life.. Rolls, shrooms, acid blotters.. I'm sure most of us all took the majority, being young and stupid. Hell, I smoked a J at an after party one night when I was still a kid, ended up being laced with Angel Dust. Thought I was dyin, dude lolol. 

To he honest though, the alcohol almost killed me more times than I can account. When I was younger, I was doing a 5th every weekend for years. One of them 'weekend warriors'.. Just going to work everyday, living for the weekend.

That's one thing I'm very glad I damn near gave up.. And I say damn near, cause I may still have a drink on occasion. Special Occasions, really. 

What I'm really waiting on is my wife's Rum Cake she's making me before Christmas.. Might get a little toasty haha

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 03:32 PM by mikesez.)

I was told a person's brain isn't mature until age 25. Prior to that, weed can have serious consequences. Afterwards, from what I've read, it's basically harmless. As long as your job doesn't require you to be sober, or maybe you don't need to earn money anymore, enjoy!
Wish florida would hurry up and legalize it...

(12-10-2022, 03:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 03:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: When I was a teenager, my dad said that weed is fine because he still smokes it. Wake and bake kinda guy.

Not gonna lie, I experimented later on in life.. Rolls, shrooms, acid blotters.. I'm sure most of us all took the majority, being young and stupid. Hell, I smoked a J at an after party one night when I was still a kid, ended up being laced with Angel Dust. Thought I was dyin, dude lolol. 

To he honest though, the alcohol almost killed me more times than I can account. When I was younger, I was doing a 5th every weekend for years. One of them 'weekend warriors'.. Just going to work everyday, living for the weekend.

That's one thing I'm very glad I damn near gave up.. And I say damn near, cause I may still have a drink on occasion. Special Occasions, really. 

What I'm really waiting on is my wife's Rum Cake she's making me before Christmas.. Might get a little toasty haha

If you can't stop after 1 or 2 you shouldn't have any.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 03:38 PM by WingerDinger.)

(12-10-2022, 03:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: I was told a person's brain isn't mature until age 25.  Prior to that, weed can have serious consequences.  Afterwards,  from what I've read, it's basically harmless.  As long as your job doesn't require you to be sober, or maybe you don't need to earn money anymore, enjoy!

(12-10-2022, 03:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not gonna lie, I experimented later on in life.. Rolls, shrooms, acid blotters.. I'm sure most of us all took the majority, being young and stupid. Hell, I smoked a J at an after party one night when I was still a kid, ended up being laced with Angel Dust. Thought I was dyin, dude lolol. 

Hell, to legalize weed in Florida now, would be just a formality. It still may be illegal and frowned upon if you get caught with it (as long as it's an amount fit for a human lol), I've read and heard enough stories that a lot of police are basically just turning their head now, as long as you're not driving under the influence. But I wouldn't know, I got my MM license, I can have 3 full ounces on me and they can't do a damn thing lol

(12-10-2022, 03:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: I was told a person's brain isn't mature until age 25.  Prior to that, weed can have serious consequences.  Afterwards,  from what I've read, it's basically harmless.  As long as your job doesn't require you to be sober, or maybe you don't need to earn money anymore, enjoy!

(12-10-2022, 03:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Not gonna lie, I experimented later on in life.. Rolls, shrooms, acid blotters.. I'm sure most of us all took the majority, being young and stupid. Hell, I smoked a J at an after party one night when I was still a kid, ended up being laced with Angel Dust. Thought I was dyin, dude lolol. 

Try telling that to a younger adult and see what they say to ya..

It's OK to occasionally have more than 2 drinks. The issue is if you feel like you have to have a 3rd and a 4th after you've finished the 2nd. If you feel like you have to, you probably need to abstain. But if you feel like you can enjoy your buzz and take or leave the 3rd one, you're fine.

(12-10-2022, 03:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's OK to occasionally have more than 2 drinks.  The issue is if you feel like you have to have a 3rd and a 4th after you've finished the 2nd.  If you feel like you have to, you probably need to abstain.  But if you feel like you can enjoy your buzz and take or leave the 3rd one, you're fine.

Well, when you're on the floor, surrounded by booty, the dj is slammin, and you already had 2-3 drinks, yeah, you lose count pretty quick..

(12-10-2022, 03:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's OK to occasionally have more than 2 drinks.  The issue is if you feel like you have to have a 3rd and a 4th after you've finished the 2nd.  If you feel like you have to, you probably need to abstain.  But if you feel like you can enjoy your buzz and take or leave the 3rd one, you're fine.
“Hey come to my party! But once you’ve had 2 drinks, we will have a long convo about if you really should have that 3rd drink or not….. let’s have fun!”

(12-10-2022, 04:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
“Hey come to my party! But once you’ve had 2 drinks, we will have a long convo about if you really should have that 3rd drink or not….. let’s have fun!”

It's not a long convo, and it would only happen in between parties, after observing your behavior at multiple parties.

In any case, the people I know who have problems, create the worst situations for themselves drinking alone.  Parties usually don't have anything to do with it.

(12-09-2022, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 07:38 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I don't think you're *beginning* to hate, I'd guess that goes way back.

Exchanging prisoners in this fashion does set a bad precedent, it's going to encourage more hostage taking going forward. With that said, I'm betting anyone who has a loved one released via a prisoner exchange would be happy and grateful.

And the families of loved ones killed by Viktor Bouts dealings are not happy and grateful.

I'm sure they're not. But all of you volunteering to leave her over there don't seem to be rushing to the front of the line to send your spouse or kids to a Russian prison.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-10-2022, 05:23 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: And the families of loved ones killed by Viktor Bouts dealings are not happy and grateful.

I'm sure they're not. But all of you volunteering to leave her over there don't seem to be rushing to the front of the line to send your spouse or kids to a Russian prison.

What a stupid response.  If my kid or my spouse went to a foreign country with an illegal substance in their possession, knowing it was illegal, then they brought that upon themselves.  Would I fret about them? Absolutely, but they brought that upon themselves.  It’s called taking responsibility for your actions.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-10-2022, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Let me preface this by saying it's not her fault she is the way she is, but I just gotta say, listening to her talk is spooky. I hear her talk, and can't get past the feeling that I'm listening to a man. She sounds a lot like Tiger Woods.
Just search twitter for and 1 mix tape. Won't post because it could be violation of TOS but its not blurred there. If it's true there is no doubt it's a man.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk