Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brittany Griner exchanged for Viktor Bout

(12-10-2022, 05:47 PM)copycat Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 05:23 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm sure they're not. But all of you volunteering to leave her over there don't seem to be rushing to the front of the line to send your spouse or kids to a Russian prison.

What a stupid response.  If my kid or my spouse went to a foreign country with an illegal substance in their possession, knowing it was illegal, then they brought that upon themselves.  Would I fret about them? Absolutely, but they brought that upon themselves.  It’s called taking responsibility for your actions.

You're going to try tell me that if your loved one was jailed in Russia for an 11 year term on what you knew was a trumped up charge, you'd be ok with it? Naah, I ain't buying what you're selling. Bet you'd be lobbying hard to get them back by nearly any means necessary and damn happy when they got released. But copycat is saying he'd tell his mom, "Sorry, mom. Vlad said you did the crime so ya gonna just have to do the time. Imma go back to enjoying my PBR now, call me next decade."

Lol, gonna have to call [BLEEP] on that one.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2022, 07:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 05:47 PM)copycat Wrote: What a stupid response.  If my kid or my spouse went to a foreign country with an illegal substance in their possession, knowing it was illegal, then they brought that upon themselves.  Would I fret about them? Absolutely, but they brought that upon themselves.  It’s called taking responsibility for your actions.

You're going to try tell me that if your loved one was jailed in Russia for an 11 year term on what you knew was a trumped up charge, you'd be ok with it? Naah, I ain't buying what you're selling. Bet you'd be lobbying hard to get them back by nearly any means necessary and damn happy when they got released. But copycat is saying he'd tell his mom, "Sorry, mom. Vlad said you did the crime so ya gonna just have to do the time. Imma go back to enjoying my PBR now, call me next decade."

Lol, gonna have to call [BLEEP] on that one.

Trumped up?  It was an illegal substance flown into a foreign country.  Only an entitled, arrogant self-centred individual would feel themselves above the law as a guest of a foreign country.  You keep skipping over that simple fact.  As I stated before, I would fret, and yes I would do everything in my power to assist in getting them out, but in the end the fault is clearly on the individual regardless of relationship. It used to be called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(12-10-2022, 05:23 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: And the families of loved ones killed by Viktor Bouts dealings are not happy and grateful.

I'm sure they're not. But all of you volunteering to leave her over there don't seem to be rushing to the front of the line to send your spouse or kids to a Russian prison.

No one sent her there except herself. But that’s irrelevant. The Russians knew they could get “the deadliest man in the world”, as characterized by a CIA agent who assisted in apprehending Bout, because they knew Grimes’s ‘intersectionality’ was the primary concern of a president and party which places that aspect above all else. 

Russia: “She has dark skin and eats [BLEEP], perfect!” And sure enough, it worked.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 09:04 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

We gave up a notorious arms dealer, valuable to Russia. Bidumb should have held out for the release of both, or no deal. This deal is shameful and it makes us look even nore like a country of fools in the eyes of the world.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-10-2022, 09:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: We gave up a notorious arms dealer, valuable to Russia.  Bidumb should have held out for the release of both, or no deal.  This deal is shameful and it makes us look even nore like a country of fools in the eyes of the world.

Elect a clown and expect a circus..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't know if most of you realize, but Bout had served most of his sentence. He was going to be released to Russia in a few years regardless.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 10:30 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-10-2022, 10:22 PM)Omikesez Wrote: I don't know if most of you realize, but Bout had served most of his sentence.  He was going to be released to Russia in a few years regardless.

He was scheduled to be released in 2029. He had more than 6 years to serve.

It’s a pathetic and unsound justification. It screams weakness.

(12-10-2022, 10:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/...ALrRA&s=19

Well..

Do you remember who Maria Butina is? That’s pure propaganda.

(12-10-2022, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 10:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/...ALrRA&s=19

Well..

Do you remember who Maria Butina is? That’s pure propaganda.

It's gotta be..

Of course. Zero reason to do that interview in English.

Russian propaganda is trying to build a sympathetic ear with the rural conservative. It's not different then when they tried to target the urban minorities in the 60s. They are just looking to divide and conquer they don't mean any of it. I laugh when I hear conservatives talk about Russia not being so bad and they are more aligned with our values then Democrats. Russia is masterful in the art of propaganda
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Never trade a shooter for an aging big, sleepy Joe would be the worst GM ever.

(12-11-2022, 11:19 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/160...kPHWw&s=19

He’s not wrong.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-11-2022, 01:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 11:19 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/160...kPHWw&s=19

He’s not wrong.

No, he's not..

That's what makes propaganda effective. You just find the nugget of truth and use it to bring people to your side.

(12-11-2022, 04:15 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's what makes propaganda effective. You just find the nugget of truth and use it to bring people to your side.

Exactly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-11-2022, 05:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 04:15 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's what makes propaganda effective. You just find the nugget of truth and use it to bring people to your side.

Exactly.

You are definitely an expert..

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2022, 07:08 PM by americus 2.0.)

(12-10-2022, 07:00 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 05:47 PM)copycat Wrote: What a stupid response.  If my kid or my spouse went to a foreign country with an illegal substance in their possession, knowing it was illegal, then they brought that upon themselves.  Would I fret about them? Absolutely, but they brought that upon themselves.  It’s called taking responsibility for your actions.

a trumped up charge

You've never lived in a foreign country I take it. 

Don't get me wrong, I do think the length of the sentence was political, but you break a law you deserve the consequence. If you're stupid enough to go to Russia with contraband you deserve the consequence.

(12-10-2022, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't know if most of you realize, but Bout had served most of his sentence.  He was going to be released to Russia in a few years regardless.

Dude this makes you sound dumber than usual.