Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

(01-18-2023, 06:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There was a lot of talk from some posters saying Trevor didn't have it up stairs, that he wasn't mentally strong. Well, if you aren't mentally strong, you aren't going to come back and have a near perfect 2nd half, after just having the literal worst 1st half in history.

So if any of you still had any doubt (and honestly you shouldn't of had any at this point anymore to begin with), this past Saturday's game should have completely erased all of those doubts. The dude is the full package.

After the broncos game I said he wasn't clutch, and I didn't know if he ever would be, or if he'd be more like Aaron Rodgers, get a lot of wins and stats as long as he doesn't need to mount a comeback.

Since then he's shown me he's more than someone like Rodgers, he's like Brady.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder what this team looks like if the defense did there part in the close games lost. Confidence does wonders to team

TL16 isn't just a Franchise QB, he's our Franchise QB. Happy to have him. FR, FR.

NH3...
"AZANE"

For anyone that didn't see Vic's swan song website where he answered Jaguars questions between every ten green bay questions, here's one of the things he said about trading Lawrence for picks:

"John from Jacksonville, FL
You've made it abundantly clear Jacksonville should not draft Trevor Lawrence. Why?
Lawrence is the logical first pick of the draft. I get it. So why would I consider trading the pick? It's because Lawrence is so coveted he could deliver a treasure trove of picks in a trade the Jags could use to build a dominant roster, and I attach more value to that than I do to a quarterback in what appears to be a deep crop of them. Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler will be next year's stars. I get the sense we're headed for a long run of talent at quarterback. Spread offenses nearly guarantee it."

Did Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler even play this year?

(01-19-2023, 06:51 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: For anyone that didn't see Vic's swan song website where he answered Jaguars questions between every ten green bay questions, here's one of the things he said about trading Lawrence for picks:

"John from Jacksonville, FL
You've made it abundantly clear Jacksonville should not draft Trevor Lawrence. Why?
Lawrence is the logical first pick of the draft. I get it. So why would I consider trading the pick? It's because Lawrence is so coveted he could deliver a treasure trove of picks in a trade the Jags could use to build a dominant roster, and I attach more value to that than I do to a quarterback in what appears to be a deep crop of them. Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler will be next year's stars. I get the sense we're headed for a long run of talent at quarterback. Spread offenses nearly guarantee it."

Did Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler even play this year?

Looks like crop failure to me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Was watching Rich Eisen and he made a good point about AFC QB's in the playoffs. He was saying from 2004-2014 the final 4 QB's in the AFC playoffs were usually Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger and the 4th would change. Obviously it wasn't that 3 every year but they were usually up there.

The last 2 years in the AFC playoffs final four QB's has had Mahomes, Allen and Burrow and says he feels this is the new trio that will dominate the last 4 spots. He was saying its Lawrence this year, but it could have been Herbert or Lamar and that 4th spot seems to be the one up for grabs.

I feel Lawrence is going to be as good as Mahomes, Allen or Burrow and can take a team deep in the playoffs, for me the big difference is those other teams have more experience and have had more time to fine tune a roster that's consistently strong. That's our challenge for me, giving Lawrence a roster on both sides of the ball that can compete with any team in the league and that will come. We have the HC to win it all.

(01-19-2023, 09:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was watching Rich Eisen and he made a good point about AFC QB's in the playoffs. He was saying from 2004-2014 the final 4 QB's in the AFC playoffs were usually Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger and the 4th would change. Obviously it wasn't that 3 every year but they were usually up there.

The last 2 years in the AFC playoffs final four QB's has had Mahomes, Allen and Burrow and says he feels this is the new trio that will dominate the last 4 spots. He was saying its Lawrence this year, but it could have been Herbert or Lamar and that 4th spot seems to be the one up for grabs.

I feel Lawrence is going to be as good as Mahomes, Allen or Burrow and can take a team deep in the playoffs, for me the big difference is those other teams have more experience and have had more time to fine tune a roster that's consistently strong. That's our challenge for me, giving Lawrence a roster on both sides of the ball that can compete with any team in the league and that will come. We have the HC to win it all.

I heard that segment too...

The level of competency between these 5 QBs  (Hahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Jackson) are so close that it'll come down to how well managed and coached the rest of the teams are that will determine the final 4 grouping of divisional playoff teams for a while.  

Right now, it looks like the Bills and the Bengals may have personel issues that could cause them to stumble from year to year.  And to be honest, untill I see how Baalke does with our cap situation, we may be a tad inconsistent as well.  However, the 5 QBs I mentioned will always be in the playoff picture deep into december for years to come.  It just will be difficult to determine who will beat who in the wildcard rounds from year to year.

(01-19-2023, 09:49 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 09:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Was watching Rich Eisen and he made a good point about AFC QB's in the playoffs. He was saying from 2004-2014 the final 4 QB's in the AFC playoffs were usually Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger and the 4th would change. Obviously it wasn't that 3 every year but they were usually up there.

The level of competency between these 5 QBs  (Hahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Jackson) are so close that it'll come down to how well managed and coached the rest of the teams are that will determine the final 4 grouping of divisional playoff teams for a while.  

Right now, it looks like the Bills and the Bengals may have personel issues that could cause them to stumble from year to year.  And to be honest, untill I see how Baalke does with our cap situation, we may be a tad inconsistent as well.  However, the 5 QBs I mentioned will always be in the playoff picture deep into december for years to come.  It just will be difficult to determine who will beat who in the wildcard rounds from year to year.
Well Lamar is likely gone so that's good.

And while there likely will be turnover in the roster or Baalke mismanages something, as long as Trevor and Dougy P are here, the Jags will be making it to the divisional round or more for a long time. They are likely to be the kings of the AFC South for a long time and as long as you're in, you got a shot.

(01-19-2023, 09:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 09:49 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I heard that segment too...

And while there likely will be turnover in the roster or Baalke mismanages something, as long as Trevor and Dougy P are here, the Jags will be making it to the divisional round or more for a long time. They are likely to be the kings of the AFC South for a long time and as long as you're in, you got a shot.

I honestly don't think Allen will continue this level of play much longer. He's very reckless with both his body and the football. The only WR they have next year right now is Diggs and they have no consistent running game. He's been amazing, but how long can he keep this up? It just doesn't feel sustainable to me. And I watch a lot of Bills games.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This is the thing that I think we all agree on.  After years of toiling in the wilderness, we've finally be lead to the promise land...  At least, that's what it feels like right now.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2023, 11:04 AM by JagFan81.)

(01-19-2023, 09:49 AM)carp8dm Wrote:

Bengals have some tough decisions ahead contract wise with Burrow, Chase, Higgins etc. Not sure they can keep them all. That's going to be our challenge, managing to improve the roster year on year. All the top QB's are young so this will be the fight in the AFC for the next 5-10 years and we can easily be in that fight. Also things like seedings and home field will be huge contests as teams will be so evenly matched.

We need to see this year not as a good year but the start of where we belong.

I agree with you and Doug and Trevor are our main weapons and no GM hits on every decision but one thing we need to be able to do is add that extra bit of quality to a roster to push us over the top. The Niners need a RB, they don't just go get an RB, they get McCaffrey. The Bills need a pass rusher so they get Von Miller. We need to be able to find that quality player in needed position's that can be a difference maker come January and February.

Dude is going to win multiple rings with his talent and this mindset, perhaps starting as soon as this year.

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/16161...r0pisfjIYA

(01-19-2023, 01:04 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Dude is going to win multiple rings with his talent and this mindset, perhaps starting as soon as this year.

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/16161...r0pisfjIYA

I know Dewey was saying it on the sidelines a few games ago.

Dude looks like The Tulsa King drivin around in his new black Cadillac Escalade..

Do yo thang dude!! Lookin gangsta lol

TLaw and Doug are just what this city needed.. It's like they snatched us up from the jaws of death lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-20-2023, 01:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude looks like The Tulsa King drivin around in his new black Cadillac Escalade..

Do yo thang dude!! Lookin gangsta lol

TLaw and Doug are just what this city needed.. It's like they snatched us up from the jaws of death lol

You must have been at the send off. Haha.

[Image: Screenshot-20230120-164252-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

I need one lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

https://twitter.com/TaeSosaaa/status/162...jFvGd236pw

In case anyone needed a pick me up

(02-02-2023, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/TaeSosaaa/status/162...jFvGd236pw

In case anyone needed a pick me up

If Al Michaels ever calls a game here again, someone slip him some meth.

Remember when some of us were questioning whether Trevor could lead a 4th quarter comeback? He kind of pounded that one into the ground, didn't he?