Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foye Oluokun - Worth Every Penny

Give this man your respect

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1606...O0PL0nofbA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He real good
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

He would be in the pro bowl if our pass defense wasn't so bad. He's a great defender. Muma and Lloyd can learn a lot from him.

The way our offense took a HUGE leap this year. I could see our defense doing the same next year. Just need another piece or two to basically balance it all out.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

100 %…. Big time addition. And hopefully he can help mentor our rooks to maturity.

I will be honest and say I was pretty on the fence when we signed him, but boy am I happy how he has come along. A veteran prescence to our younger guys and has really been a leader out there. Worth every penny so far for sure.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

I'm glad we signed him. I knew how good he was. And glad we outbid Atlanta.

Give some credit to the Falcons. They found him in the 6th round. That's amazing. Thanks again Falcons

It's really amazing how well we did in free agency this last offseason. All 7 guys we hired have been really good; some of them having career years. So many times in the past we hired a player and found out later, he was only here for a vacation. I think, while Baalke can get a little credit for free agency, I give a ton of credit to Doug Pederson for getting the most out of these guys.

(12-23-2022, 10:22 PM)Butters Wrote: I will be honest and say I was pretty on the fence when we signed him, but boy am I happy how he has come along. A veteran prescence to our younger guys and has really been a leader out there. Worth every penny so far for sure.

Same. I watched a couple videos saying he can tackle, but also left a lot of tackles on the field. He’s been rock solid this year and Lloyd/Muma can definitely learn a lot on how to play the game and how to set a good path for their careers.

What part of NC do you live in?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(12-24-2022, 11:00 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 10:22 PM)Butters Wrote: I will be honest and say I was pretty on the fence when we signed him, but boy am I happy how he has come along. A veteran prescence to our younger guys and has really been a leader out there. Worth every penny so far for sure.

Same. I watched a couple videos saying he can tackle, but also left a lot of tackles on the field. He’s been rock solid this year and Lloyd/Muma can definitely learn a lot on how to play the game and how to set a good path for their careers.

What part of NC do you live in?

Yeah been really impressed how he has fit in to this defense.

Live right outside Winston-Salem Smile
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-23-2022, 09:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Give this man your respect

This cannot be overstated.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 05:03 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

He has funny shirts and sweaters. It's what Trevor was wearing:
https://www.foyeoluokun.com

The pairing of Baalkie and Peterson has made more than a few good decisions. Perhaps they have a plan?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

He has my respect. Dude is straight Wild out there.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 12:44 PM by carp8dm. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-25-2022, 05:07 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The pairing of Baalkie and Peterson has made more than a few good decisions.  Perhaps they have a plan?

Dude, I think you may be right!  (Still need to see what happens this offseason... but the pairing so far looks good)

Pederson is a SB winning Head Coach that beat Tom Brady & Belechick with limp [BEEP] nick foles...   (Edit - Had to self edit out that word... Didn't know it wasn't in the auto-mod filter!!)

Let's also no forget that Pederson saw something in Hurts enough to draft him in the 2nd round...

There is a lot of hatred for Baalke here.  But maybe all that was needed was a true HC that could provide the proper insight onto what he wants the GM to go after.  A GM working with a rudderless team where the HC has no real plan creates a problem.  But if you have a HC that knows what works and what he wants, then the GM can go out and pick up those things that the team needs.

For me, I think the big deal this offseason is figuring out how to get out of this Cap situation without losing too many of our valuable players.  I'm sure in this offseason, come february we can have more discussions about the UFA's that we should keep.  So I'll leave that now.

But let it be known that there is a huge challenge ahead for Baalke in terms of how he's going to keep this roster strong while building on the needs we all know need to be addressed.

(12-25-2022, 05:07 PM)Jag149 Wrote: The pairing of Baalkie and Peterson has made more than a few good decisions.  Perhaps they have a plan?

Their plan for 2022 was clearly to fix the run defense.

Oluokun, Fatukasi, Walker, Lloyd, Muma all played roles in making that better for the first half of the season. 
The lack of pass rush and coverage ability that they didn't anticipate being so bad eventually made them shift their strategy and the run defense has suffered some as a result. 

In the bigger picture, which I imagine is what you are alluding to, they do indeed seem to have drawn up a long term plan to  build a team that can compete for the division. As much hate as Baalke gets, I'm kinda' excited to see what happens in the off season with cap management, free agency and the draft. 

Currently (and this can change rapidly) it feels like we are only around 3 pieces away on defense and something similar on offense depending on how many guys we let walk.

Bumping old thread to remind fans how great this free agency signing was

https://twitter.com/JustonLewis_/status/...96480?s=20

I hope Lloyd becomes his tackling twin this year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-22-2023, 01:24 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I hope Lloyd becomes his tackling twin this year.

Man, that would be glorious.

(12-23-2022, 09:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Give this man your respect

He reminds me of Darryl Smith and Hardy Nickerson, who were tackling ninjas. They routinely sliced between offensive linemen and made a beeline to the ball carrier. Foye's balloon-popping skills are from the TBrack school of strip-sack artistry.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt