Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foye Oluokun - Worth Every Penny

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 12:24 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

As good as the 2017 FA class was, last years class was INCREDIBLE.

Foye, Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams and Zay.

All of them are major contributors.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-20-2023, 12:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: As good as the 2017 FA class was, last years class was INCREDIBLE.

Foye, Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams.

Agreed. These were great pick-ups. Even Zay Jones surprised me.

(10-20-2023, 12:21 PM)Jagulars Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 12:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: As good as the 2017 FA class was, last years class was INCREDIBLE.

Foye, Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams.

Agreed. These were great pick-ups. Even Zay Jones surprised me.
Zay has been amazing!

Can't believe I forgot to add him in initially.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 12:32 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The hard hitter from Yale

i would almost say Zay is the biggest from that FA class on our offence as the Offense isn't the same when he isn't in their.

And to think people thought Zay was really overpaid when we signed him

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 03:25 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 3 times in total.)

Oh yeah...slowly becoming one of my favorites.

Foye
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(10-20-2023, 01:49 PM)WYjagsfan Wrote: And to think people thought Zay was really overpaid when we signed him
I was one of them.

I just didn't get the signing and thought the was just a guy. So happy to be wrong for the first time ever.

Never thought we'd replace Poz's leadership and ability to be involved in every play but Oluokon is a stud. The heartbeat of this D.

And I'll still fist fight anyone who thinks he's getting overpaid at $21m next year.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2023, 06:21 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-20-2023, 06:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Never thought we'd replace Poz's leadership and ability to be involved in every play but Oluokon is a stud. The heartbeat of this D.

And I'll still fist fight anyone who thinks he's getting overpaid at $21m next year.

I like that comparison. He’s got Telvin Smith’s heart and will and Posluszny’s ability to run the defense and get off blocks and Mike Pete’s athleticism and agility. I hope he retires a Jaguar.

Dude is on pace to lead the NFL in tackles 3 years straight. He’s playing at an All-Pro level. He’s gotta make the Pro Bowl this season at minimum. 

Closed out a Prime Time game, on the road, with a pick 6. Stud.

He had a game for the ages last night that was a thing of beauty to witness.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(10-20-2023, 06:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 06:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Never thought we'd replace Poz's leadership and ability to be involved in every play but Oluokon is a stud. The heartbeat of this D.

I like that comparison. He’s got Telvin Smith’s heart and will and Posluszny’s ability to run the defense and get off blocks and Mike Pete’s athleticism and agility. I hope he retires a Jaguar.

Dude is on pace to lead the NFL in tackles 3 years straight. He’s playing at an All-Pro level. He’s gotta make the Pro Bowl this season at minimum. 

Closed out a Prime Time game, on the road, with a pick 6. Stud.

It does show how the Pro bowl voting is so broken. Stats wise he is arguably the best LB in the league, eye test backs that up. 

He's got all the skills you look for and is just always making a tackle or in the right place. Being able to read the game like that feels like a lost skill with some modern LB's. I want him here for a long time and he looks to be happy here too.

(10-20-2023, 03:19 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Oh yeah...slowly becoming one of my favorites.

Foye

Was about to post this.  Good stuff.

Foye, Scherff, Kirk, Engram, Williams and Zay.

I was just thinking about this. While some of Baalke's decisions have turned out badly (i.e. Walker over Hutchinson), it's really hard to get down on him after that amazing free agent class. Foye, Engram and Williams have played at pro-bowl levels and Zay has been a major contributor. Scherff has no doubt provided leadership on the O-Line, but his injuries have made him unreliable and a likely cap casualty next season.

(10-30-2023, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1719...80068?s=20

I think I like this team, meaning these guys, more than any other team we've ever had.

(10-30-2023, 04:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1719...80068?s=20

I think I like this team, meaning these guys, more than any other team we've ever had.

That is tough because the inaugural team was a lot of fun and good guys all around. Losing three times to one team in 1999 is the only thing that kept them from closing it out.

Taylor and MJD were fun and likeable it is just a shame the WRs weren't like these guys.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-30-2023, 04:06 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Yeah, me too.

The 90's teams were fun to get behind, but this iteration from top to bottom is bought in and having fun working hard to succeed. Lots to love about this group. Lots of likable personalities.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 04:54 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Foye Oluokun is starting to make a case for one of the great Linebackers in franchise history but hold on a minute….

Posluszny has 816 combined tackles, 11 ints, 13 sacks, 4 FF, 1 TD. Pro Bowler. He also has more solo tackles and more assisted tackles than any player in team history.
*100 games played in a Jaguars uniform

Daryl Smith is 2nd in tackles with 681 combined, but also had 21.5 sacks which is 13th in franchise history. D.Smith also had 9 FF which is tops for a Jaguars LB, 6 int, 9 FF, 1 TD
*126 games played in a Jaguars uniform

Kevin Hardy was an all-pro in ‘99 and had a 10.5 sack season. 28.5 sacks which is 7th all time in team history, 504 combined tackles, 5 int, 8 FF. Placed 3rd in defensive rookie player of the year in 1996. Placed 6th in defensive player of the year in 1999 with an approximate value of 17 which is the highest of any LB in Jaguars history.
*86 games played in a Jaguars uniform

Telvin Smith has the most defensive returned TD in team history with 4. He’s 3rd in combined tackles. 9 ints, 5 FF, 7.5 sacks 4 TD
*76 games played in a Jaguars uniform

Mike Peterson is 4th in combined tackles in team history. Also had 8 ints, 15 sacks, 1 TD, 5 FF
*78 games played in a Jaguars uniform

Oluokun has 276 combined tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int, 3 FF, 1 TD
*25 games played in a Jaguars uniform.

Oluokun is still behind Akin Ayodele and Russell Allen in combined tackles. If we can hold on to Oluokun for another 2 seasons, he will be at the top of every defensive category but he’s still got a ways to go before he surpasses the best LBers in franchise history.

-SM