Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL, Google and Sunday Ticket

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 10:01 AM by americus 2.0.)

The NFL and Google have reached an agreement to stream NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube. I wasn't even sure Sunday Ticket would be relevant anymore thanks to NFL+ but the NFL isn't stupid. They'll use every avenue they can to make money. At this point I'm not sure which service I would go with if I had to choose. The one that guarantees I can watch every Jags game would be the one. 

Link

The National Football League today announced a multi-year agreement with Google granting YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels the right to exclusively distribute NFL Sunday Ticket to consumers in the United States starting with the 2023 NFL season. This strategic partnership will provide fans greater access to NFL Sunday Ticket while tapping into the best of YouTube's technology and product innovation.

"We're excited to bring NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels and usher in a new era of how fans across the United States watch and follow the NFL," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. "For a number of years we have been focused on increased digital distribution of our games and this partnership is yet another example of us looking towards the future and building the next generation of NFL fans."

So it looks like games broadcast on any channel other than the following won't be available. That's BS. They won't be getting my money. 

Consisting of all out-of-market Sunday regular-season NFL games (based on viewer's location) broadcast on FOX and CBS, NFL Sunday Ticket allows fans in the United States the ability to follow all their favorite teams and players no matter where they live. Updated NFL Sunday Ticket product features and functionality will be announced ahead of the 2023 NFL season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-24-2022, 09:57 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The NFL and Google have reached an agreement to stream NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube. I wasn't even sure Sunday Ticket would be relevant anymore thanks to NFL+ but the NFL isn't stupid. They'll use every avenue they can to make money. At this point I'm not sure which service I would go with if I had to choose. The one that guarantees I can watch every Jags game would be the one. 

Link

The National Football League today announced a multi-year agreement with Google granting YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels the right to exclusively distribute NFL Sunday Ticket to consumers in the United States starting with the 2023 NFL season. This strategic partnership will provide fans greater access to NFL Sunday Ticket while tapping into the best of YouTube's technology and product innovation.

"We're excited to bring NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels and usher in a new era of how fans across the United States watch and follow the NFL," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. "For a number of years we have been focused on increased digital distribution of our games and this partnership is yet another example of us looking towards the future and building the next generation of NFL fans."

So it looks like games broadcast on any channel other than the following won't be available. That's BS. They won't be getting my money. 

Consisting of all out-of-market Sunday regular-season NFL games (based on viewer's location) broadcast on FOX and CBS, NFL Sunday Ticket allows fans in the United States the ability to follow all their favorite teams and players no matter where they live. Updated NFL Sunday Ticket product features and functionality will be announced ahead of the 2023 NFL season.
That’s pretty much how it is now.

All 1pm and 4pm games on Sunday are on either CBS or Fox.

This is great news I think. I have YouTubeTV and it’s awesome.

(12-24-2022, 09:57 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The NFL and Google have reached an agreement to stream NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube. I wasn't even sure Sunday Ticket would be relevant anymore thanks to NFL+ but the NFL isn't stupid. They'll use every avenue they can to make money. At this point I'm not sure which service I would go with if I had to choose. The one that guarantees I can watch every Jags game would be the one. 

Link

NFL+ doesn't show live games.  Just replays.  

I have NFL+, and it's the worst piece of software I've ever seen.  Most of the time, I can't even sign in.  I've given up on it.  

I'm very glad NFL Sunday Ticket is going to Youtube TV.  I've had Youtube TV, and it's a nice program that works very well.  I don't ever want to deal with DirecTV again.  

As far as "only" getting games broadcast on FOX and CBS, what other games are there that aren't nationally televised?  I don't understand your objection there.

Welp, as a DTV customer, no more complimentary Sunday Ticket. It was nice while it lasted.

(12-24-2022, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Welp, as a DTV customer, no more complimentary Sunday Ticket. It was nice while it lasted.
Was the last and only reason I didn't kick them to the curb when ATT purchased them and totally [BLEEP] up a once great service. Guaranteed to drop them now.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I've had The NFL Sunday Ticket a couple of different times..

I like Redzone so much better.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 11:38 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2022, 10:55 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Welp, as a DTV customer, no more complimentary Sunday Ticket. It was nice while it lasted.
Was the last and only reason I didn't kick them to the curb when ATT purchased them and totally [BLEEP] up a once great service. Guaranteed to drop them now.

Satellite is going the way of cable. I’m venturing there will be no satellite TV in 5 years. DTV already has a feature called Signal Saver which streams the feed if signal is lost to the dish. It’s not available for every channel but it’s only a matter of time before it is. Obviously they have the infrastructure in place to stream, so the next logical step is to eliminate the satellite side, which is hemorrhaging subscribers anyway. 

The big question is if they’ll keep the DirecTV moniker or call it AT&T TV. I would go with DTV because as you said, AT&T sucks. It would be a marketing disaster.

(12-24-2022, 10:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I've had The NFL Sunday Ticket a couple of different times..

I like Redzone so much better.
2 TVs.

One with the Jags game and one with RedZone. This is the way (Mandalorian voice).

I guess I was thinking of all the channels games are broadcast on to include MNF, SNF and games on NFLN since there is a chance Jags will be on those channels/broadcasts. But probably not yet. When is the last time we had a MNF or SNF game?

Also, if NFL+ is not live then what the heck is the point? That's just dumb

The price of YoutubeTV is about to go up ten fold.

I also have YouTube tv along with dish. Good stuff.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 11:10 PM by Butters.)

I had Youtube TV briefly and then got rid of it; just didn't like how it ran if you will. Just because they have this now doesn't mean I will go back, but does make an argument for it. Though tbh this season I have just went to my local sports bar to watch Jags games anyway.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-24-2022, 08:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The price of YoutubeTV is about to go up ten fold.

This is the question that I have, the price. I would imagine and believe I read something that said they would make it an add on to YouTube TV. Doesn’t make sense to increase the cost of YouTube TV for those who don’t have interest in the NFL. But with how accessible YouTube is vs. DirecTV I would assume they can make the price a lot cheaper than what it was before for DirecTV, which I believe was in the $300 range.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 12:31 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-24-2022, 11:59 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 08:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The price of YoutubeTV is about to go up ten fold.

This is the question that I have, the price. I would imagine and believe I read something that said they would make it an add on to YouTube TV. Doesn’t make sense to increase the cost of YouTube TV for those who don’t have interest in the NFL. But with how accessible YouTube is vs. DirecTV I would assume they can make the price a lot cheaper than what it was before for DirecTV, which I believe was in the $300 range.

The current price of Youtube TV is $60? That's what I've read, but I don't have it so please correct me if that's wrong.

They'd be foolish to not cash in and raise the price. After all they're going to be paying a lot of money for the rights to it. They'll want to make that $$ back and then some++. They can say it'll be just an add on, but this is big business here and it's all about making money. NFL Sunday ticket will bring in more customers than they'll lose by raising the price. You already see how many people are saying they're getting rid of DirecTV now because of the deal. Prime example.

Like you said, the big question will be the price and how much they raise it.

And yes Sunday ticket was around $300. Pretty sure the bottom deal is 6 monthly payments of $49.99. They have 2 other packages as well which cost more IIRC. Although they might have changed that. I'd just call them up every year and say I wanted to cancel and they'd give me Sunday ticket free since I'm such a "loyal, long term customer". Yea you're damn right.

YouTube TV will raise its normal price nominally. From 60 to 69.99 or something.
Then give a Sunday ticket add-on for like an extra 15/month

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 02:16 AM by p_rushing.)

Price isn't changing and this will suck for most people still getting Sunday Ticket. It's great for people who live in a big city but a lot of people don't have those options to stream something and paying +$300 for terrible picture plus potentially added cost for going over data limits.

It's not always better to stream, DTV had satellite and streaming options available. Now the NFL has removed one of the options.

What about bars? Now they will need a huge internet cable to stream all the games at one time and then additional tech to send that to multiple TVs. They have all been setup to just have a dish and a device that could handle the routing of channels. How many bars will stop showing it?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-25-2022, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 11:59 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote: This is the question that I have, the price. I would imagine and believe I read something that said they would make it an add on to YouTube TV. Doesn’t make sense to increase the cost of YouTube TV for those who don’t have interest in the NFL. But with how accessible YouTube is vs. DirecTV I would assume they can make the price a lot cheaper than what it was before for DirecTV, which I believe was in the $300 range.

The current price of Youtube TV is $60? That's what I've read, but I don't have it so please correct me if that's wrong.

They'd be foolish to not cash in and raise the price. After all they're going to be paying a lot of money for the rights to it. They'll want to make that $$ back and then some++. They can say it'll be just an add on, but this is big business here and it's all about making money. NFL Sunday ticket will bring in more customers than they'll lose by raising the price. You already see how many people are saying they're getting rid of DirecTV now because of the deal. Prime example.

Like you said, the big question will be the price and how much they raise it.

And yes Sunday ticket was around $300. Pretty sure the bottom deal is 6 monthly payments of $49.99. They have 2 other packages as well which cost more IIRC. Although they might have changed that. I'd just call them up every year and say I wanted to cancel and they'd give me Sunday ticket free since I'm such a "loyal, long term customer". Yea you're damn right.

Yea now that you mention it my thinking was very wrong. I watch YouTube quite a bit and always get advertising for I believe it’s YouTube premium which is basically YouTube videos but without ads. I was under the impression this was YouTube TV, my mistake. But now that you mention the price I do recall the service as I’d seen it before when I cut the cord but thought the price was way too high. 

Not gonna lie my biggest concern here is the fact I have a Firestick program that I pay $100 yearly for through a guy in Mexico which I get all channels, all PPV UFC, boxing, all of the NFL games every Sunday as well as all movies and TV shows. I’m just wondering how they’re gonna make this work now that’s it’s stream based. They always seem to figure it out though.

(12-25-2022, 02:13 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Price isn't changing and this will suck for most people still getting Sunday Ticket. It's great for people who live in a big city but a lot of people don't have those options to stream something and paying +$300 for terrible picture plus potentially added cost for going over data limits.

It's not always better to stream, DTV had satellite and streaming options available. Now the NFL has removed one of the options.

What about bars? Now they will need a huge internet cable to stream all the games at one time and then additional tech to send that to multiple TVs. They have all been setup to just have a dish and a device that could handle the routing of channels. How many bars will stop showing it?

I don’t see the stream thing as a concern. It’s not like bars are using some random illegal stream sites on the web. YouTube servers will be able to handle this. The worst, but probably best part for customers about this is many bars will need to upgrade their ten year old TVs with horrible pictures to newer smart TVs. Or not so good for customers, just get a Firestick for their old TVs in order to be able to stream games. Could complicate things a bit though as normally you see the guy at the bar using the same remote for all of the TVs. Ultimately businesses will adapt if they want to keep their customers.

(12-25-2022, 02:13 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Price isn't changing and this will suck for most people still getting Sunday Ticket. It's great for people who live in a big city but a lot of people don't have those options to stream something and paying +$300 for terrible picture plus potentially added cost for going over data limits.

You’re living in the 90s. Do you still get up to turn the knob to change the channel?

A lot of bars already use some kind of streaming service. And on top of that, who cares about bars? DTV was and is a dinosaur. Get with the times or get left behind.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 10:40 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The point made about the bars is an interesting one in my opinion. They will have to spend the money to adjust. I personally love watching football and basket ball at the bar when not watching at home. I was lucky the jags game was at the bar I go this year when we got blacked out. I watched the giants vs jags at the bar. Should have won that one!